My horrid experience and help wanted

12 hours ago, Sean said:

Lots of good advice above

I am glad you decided to Avoid another surgical procedure (esp body hair at the moment).  No reason a surgeon should have attempted to repair you and use up grafts after realizing how poorly the work yielded first time around.  Nor should have had operated on you at a young age until progression was more evident, but now is the time to try to feel better.  It has been a long journey indeed and a struggle for you that never should have been.  I know the feeling as an ever ongoin repair patient.  It really affects a person.  I too hope to have an ethical person correct the issue.  I am glad that you have decided to try smp.  It is probably the best option when it comes to creating an illusion of density around the scalp.  It willl hopefully fill in and blend well within existing hairs that have lost some density as well.  Should really help with scar line for sure.  I know that is a concern for you as well.  

i remember fouseytube initially had great smp done.  It looked well blended and even gave a great fade look.  He was able to carry shaved look well, but whats interesting is, he had a great hair system that also complemented it later and gave options.  There is hope and just remember to stay strong.  I hope this gives you some peace and allows you to carry on without added stress.  

here is fouseytube with tattoo repair via  smp 

here he is with smp

and hair piece

I think when done right, it can give you options and relieve stress you’ve endured.  

i am rooting for you.  This struggle from the start wasn’t easy, but i hope this really helps you.  Keep us updated man!  Best wishes.  

Thanks so much ... really appreciate your input :)

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Administrators

Fouseytubes hair piece in the second video is legit. The last one doesn’t look natural, he got an afrocentric hair piece that doesn’t match him at all. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sorry to learn about your situation azza. It's so good the other forum members are giving you support and alternative courses of action. Wish you all the luck finding a solution that will allow you to move on with your live. 

By the way, I always though nature gave bad cards regarding hair but after reading this thread I'm feeling pretty much like a normal dude and thankful of what I have. Everything is relative I guess.

• Valued Contributor
On 11/2/2020 at 6:33 PM, Sean said:

Lots of good advice above

I am glad you decided to Avoid another surgical procedure (esp body hair at the moment).  No reason a surgeon should have attempted to repair you and use up grafts after realizing how poorly the work yielded first time around.  Nor should have had operated on you at a young age until progression was more evident, but now is the time to try to feel better.  It has been a long journey indeed and a struggle for you that never should have been.  I know the feeling as an ever ongoin repair patient.  It really affects a person.  I too hope to have an ethical person correct the issue.  I am glad that you have decided to try smp.  It is probably the best option when it comes to creating an illusion of density around the scalp.  It willl hopefully fill in and blend well within existing hairs that have lost some density as well.  Should really help with scar line for sure.  I know that is a concern for you as well.  

i remember fouseytube initially had great smp done.  It looked well blended and even gave a great fade look.  He was able to carry shaved look well, but whats interesting is, he had a great hair system that also complemented it later and gave options.  There is hope and just remember to stay strong.  I hope this gives you some peace and allows you to carry on without added stress.  

here is fouseytube with tattoo repair via  smp 

here he is with smp

and hair piece

I think when done right, it can give you options and relieve stress you’ve endured.  

i am rooting for you.  This struggle from the start wasn’t easy, but i hope this really helps you.  Keep us updated man!  Best wishes.  

I've watched Fousey before on YouTube having his bad work lasered off (and lasering does hurt!!). Like I have always recommended if anyone is thinking of having SMP research it as if you were researching for a hair transplant.

• Like 2

@azza786hey, man, i know im late to this thread, just wanted to say I'm 31 and had 2 previous HTs that were horrible, and I spent the last 2 yrs totally obsessing about it. I'm not going to lie and say that hair doesn't matter. Hair very much is a huge factor in one's appearance. 

I will say tho that honestly if you're already wearing a hair system and its working for you, then keep on with it and just learn to live with one forever. I know you don't like it and it does seem like high maintenance, but think about girls who put on makeup everyday, etc. Plenty of girls (and guys) have image-related items that are high maintenance. Yours just happens to be a hair system. 

Plus, I'm sure a lot more ppl than you think wear hair systems, of course few will outright admit it. I'm sure way more ppl admit hair transplants than hair systems. But for example, Matthew MCconaughey - even with all his money and access to doctors - wears a hair system. Nothing wrong with wearing a wig/system. 

Plus by 33 I'm sure most girls, family, friends, etc. would be fine with your hairloss and wearing a hair system. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2020 at 7:51 PM, DenverBuff1989 said:

@azza786hey, man, i know im late to this thread, just wanted to say I'm 31 and had 2 previous HTs that were horrible, and I spent the last 2 yrs totally obsessing about it. I'm not going to lie and say that hair doesn't matter. Hair very much is a huge factor in one's appearance. 

I will say tho that honestly if you're already wearing a hair system and its working for you, then keep on with it and just learn to live with one forever. I know you don't like it and it does seem like high maintenance, but think about girls who put on makeup everyday, etc. Plenty of girls (and guys) have image-related items that are high maintenance. Yours just happens to be a hair system. 

Plus, I'm sure a lot more ppl than you think wear hair systems, of course few will outright admit it. I'm sure way more ppl admit hair transplants than hair systems. But for example, Matthew MCconaughey - even with all his money and access to doctors - wears a hair system. Nothing wrong with wearing a wig/system. 

Plus by 33 I'm sure most girls, family, friends, etc. would be fine with your hairloss and wearing a hair system. 

Hey man,

Thanks for your input. Whilst you do make valid points, I within myself feel that I cannot fathom with the system anymore. Though it has been a decade of using them, I want to feel a bit more liberated in life. Having to constantly be conscious of the maintenance every 3-4 days for the last decade, sometimes it fitting right, then sometimes not right , then anxiety associated with it, then knock-on consequences of it has really taken a toll on me..and I want to move on. Yes, hair does make a difference but if I can get myself around to pulling off a short cut style through SMP, then I'll be ok...it's just that for my age, I have a very very youthful look, I'm surprised I've kept this youthful look despite the feelings and struggles I've gone through over the years, sometimes I wonder how much more youthful I could have looked if I even just had half of my worries that I have had. But anyhow..mi need to move on ... period...I actually want to feel how it feels to be free...I have not experienced that in a very very very very long time.

Cheers

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

On 12/13/2020 at 6:35 AM, azza786 said:

Hey man,

Thanks for your input. Whilst you do make valid points, I within myself feel that I cannot fathom with the system anymore. Though it has been a decade of using them, I want to feel a bit more liberated in life. Having to constantly be conscious of the maintenance every 3-4 days for the last decade, sometimes it fitting right, then sometimes not right , then anxiety associated with it, then knock-on consequences of it has really taken a toll on me..and I want to move on. Yes, hair does make a difference but if I can get myself around to pulling off a short cut style through SMP, then I'll be ok...it's just that for my age, I have a very very youthful look, I'm surprised I've kept this youthful look despite the feelings and struggles I've gone through over the years, sometimes I wonder how much more youthful I could have looked if I even just had half of my worries that I have had. But anyhow..mi need to move on ... period...I actually want to feel how it feels to be free...I have not experienced that in a very very very very long time.

Cheers

Hey Azza! I saw in a previous response that you booked an SMP session for December. Have you had it yet? It seems like many of us are invested in your journey and are rooting for you. 

And in a slightly different direction, in regards to you wanting to know "how it feels to be free", I'm gonna throw some other ideas your way to pursue if interested. I'm also someone who spent a lot of time in my life worrying, and essentially ignoring what turned out to be clinical anxiety, etc. (and have also kept my youthful looks through it all! Lol), and so I'd like to share a few names of people/processes that have really helped me address the thoughts in my mind - because in many ways, freedom starts and ends with the thoughts we think and the things we believe about ourselves and the world... And when we can start changing those things, a whole new world opens up for us. 

So here's a quick list of some people/teaching that perhaps would be great to help supplement your restoration journey so maybe see which ones you relate to - if you'd like! They all essentially teach the same thing, but through different lenses based on what any particular person responds to (spiritual, psychological, mental, self-help, etc.)

Suggestions: 
Mel Robbins
Tom Bilyeu
Jay Shetty
Abraham Hicks
Gary John Bishop
Byron Katy
The Book "Mindset" by Carol Dwek

I hope this isn't an overstep. Wishing you much success with the SMP! Keep us posted. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

1 hour ago, pkipling said:

Hey Azza! I saw in a previous response that you booked an SMP session for December. Have you had it yet? It seems like many of us are invested in your journey and are rooting for you. 

And in a slightly different direction, in regards to you wanting to know "how it feels to be free", I'm gonna throw some other ideas your way to pursue if interested. I'm also someone who spent a lot of time in my life worrying, and essentially ignoring what turned out to be clinical anxiety, etc. (and have also kept my youthful looks through it all! Lol), and so I'd like to share a few names of people/processes that have really helped me address the thoughts in my mind - because in many ways, freedom starts and ends with the thoughts we think and the things we believe about ourselves and the world... And when we can start changing those things, a whole new world opens up for us. 

So here's a quick list of some people/teaching that perhaps would be great to help supplement your restoration journey so maybe see which ones you relate to - if you'd like! They all essentially teach the same thing, but through different lenses based on what any particular person responds to (spiritual, psychological, mental, self-help, etc.)

Suggestions: 
Mel Robbins
Tom Bilyeu
Jay Shetty
Abraham Hicks
Gary John Bishop
Byron Katy
The Book "Mindset" by Carol Dwek

I hope this isn't an overstep. Wishing you much success with the SMP! Keep us posted. 

My man!

I absolutely appreciate your time and effort for the input. Thank you.

Being in the sticky situation that I am...all well wishes and advice is gold. So do not worry- you have not overstepped anything. 

I was meant to have it this month but have had to postpone it until April due to work commitments/ scheduling.

All those people you have mentioned I have come across but not dwelled into too much- maybe it's time to now!

I have given myself bitesize psychological targets to achieve by April in the hope that I would be in a stronger position when it comes to the SMP- nervous as anything but I do not have much other option.

The fact that alot of you are rooting for me despite not knowing me means alot and I honestly hope it comes through...it's been a very tough journey for me...and as I am in a unique category when factoring everything in....alot of guys on here wouldn't know the feeling as such...I had a tough time growing up and then for this to hit me at 15 years and then becoming a NW5 by the age of 20, going through 4 HTs in 2 different countries, waiting, being patient, being happy at times, then sad, then devastated, then realising I have a life to get through...all this in the key phases of my life...my 20s being like this....I really did not need this...how I've ploughed through only I know...I've always had this warrior knack about me..but being a human at the same time...it can take its toll....anyhow...will keep you all posted as time progresses.

It would be good to be free of all this eventually and even advice others but unfortunately, I'm not in that position at the moment.

Ta

• Like 1

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2021 at 9:37 AM, Gatsby said:

Hey azza786. Wishing you all the best with your SMP next month. Hope you're well and we are all thinking of you! All the best!

Hi Gatsby,

So good to hear from you.

I have had to move the procedure to July now. Work commitments hindering the possibility next month. I have to say I am super nervous yet excited. I was only reflecting today as to how the last 14 years of my life has been such a battle because of my hair loss situation and all the feelings associated with it...I wish somehow I can put these into a source where people who are fortunate enough not to experience such traumas understand how it all feels. I only turned 34 a few days back and have made a pact that I've really had enough and since I have ventured on this battle, I cannot give up and will seek a solution somehow even if it's SMP...I haven't come this far to gain nothing- that is not fair on me and I feel I deserve some sort of justice for all the heartbreak and perseverance that I know I have done whilst trying to develop my life.

I know that I personally do not know you guys here...but just being able to share my feelings and your well wishes are boosters for me to know that something will emerge out of this....HT has been a disaster for me, systems have been exhausting for me, some of my hair is turning white and fine now also...so I hope SMP does not let me down...that would really really break me.

• Like 7

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Valued Contributor

Azz SMP by a good artist can be used for all hair color types and men of all ages. However at 34 I think it will look even better on you. I’m 54 and had a touch up two days ago. I also find this forum to be like a family where we can share our deepest pain and receive the love and support from people we have never met. That bond is priceless. In the words of Winston Churchill, when you are going through hell, keep going. All the best and we need to remember that we need to be kinder to ourselves. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, azza786 said:

Hi Gatsby,

So good to hear from you.

I have had to move the procedure to July now. Work commitments hindering the possibility next month. I have to say I am super nervous yet excited. I was only reflecting today as to how the last 14 years of my life has been such a battle because of my hair loss situation and all the feelings associated with it...I wish somehow I can put these into a source where people who are fortunate enough not to experience such traumas understand how it all feels. I only turned 34 a few days back and have made a pact that I've really had enough and since I have ventured on this battle, I cannot give up and will seek a solution somehow even if it's SMP...I haven't come this far to gain nothing- that is not fair on me and I feel I deserve some sort of justice for all the heartbreak and perseverance that I know I have done whilst trying to develop my life.

I know that I personally do not know you guys here...but just being able to share my feelings and your well wishes are boosters for me to know that something will emerge out of this....HT has been a disaster for me, systems have been exhausting for me, some of my hair is turning white and fine now also...so I hope SMP does not let me down...that would really really break me.

Glad our community could help you, a forum is a place where guys go once and leave, but we’re a community. Which is why I fell in love with this place 7 years ago.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

I am back!

Just to update you, I finally went ahead with SMP in the UK itself.

You can see me pre procedures and after my 5th session. Pictures are below.

You can see the difference and also how badly my loss got to in my pre procedure pic. 

To be fair, I am now one month out from 5th procedure so everything has healed and it looks good. Though I was skeptical at first, I went in with the thought 'what have i got to lose' ...lost enough as it is...so yes..its good for now but ofcourse, I will be looking at how I can go from here...maybe some small FUE or BHT sessions here and there...maybe.

However, I have left that on hold for now and basically relearning to live again and do normal things. The biggest factor from the experience that I have had on this journey for the last 14 years is of the psychological damage that it did to me and how my life panned out as a result. But now, it is a chance for me to actually live.

image.png.8a0270f06c9bb7cb6bfea1d4699255dc.png

image.png.a2c9cbaaed186056090fd78aa9a20cad.png

Before

image.png.fba4aff173f3804e2bee561282cb9d24.png

image.png.b7a1ac264df715f8d5a3f6ad82d61ae9.png

Edited by azza786
  • Like 1

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

Would you mind showing a pic of your donor area post-smp

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I am sorry I don't meant to be disrespectful but...that smp looks way too blue/dark. 

You were better off very, very lightly filling in some gaps (while still leaving some to make it look more natural), instead of trying to go for the ultra dense/full head look. 

1 minute ago, asterix0 said:

I am sorry I don't meant to be disrespectful but...that smp looks way too blue/dark. 

You were better off very, very lightly filling in some gaps (while still leaving some to make it look more natural), instead of trying to go for the ultra dense/full head look. 

Hi Asterix, 

That was immediately after 5th session so was very red. I am all healed up so it looks very natural. I will share some recent pictures very soon. The post was just to inform of update. There wasn't a speck of blue anywhere. 

• Like 5

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website