My horrid experience and help wanted

4 hours ago, azza786 said:

Yes I've seen Dr Us videos...seems he's like an option

Stay away from umar. I’ve spoken to guys who went to him and had to get repaired afterwards after he damaged their scalp. He’s an unorthodox surgeon but not in a good way in my opinion. Anytime the topic of body hair comes up so does his name but there are top surgeons who are capable of using body hair when necessary. Check out these results if you haven’t already.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I’m gonna give you brutal, but honest advice. Move on from hair transplants. You’re not a candidate, names will get thrown at you for BHT, but realistically, a significant improvement doesn’t seem possible. Going for further work will only lead to more disappointment.

SMP is the best option, and a viable one. Hair systems while not ideal, may be worth looking into, I’m afraid hair transplants should be out of the question. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'd go see this guy (the guy narrating the video) - he is imho the best in the U.S. for SMP.  He would give you a custom video consult I believe for free.  Hairline shapes are completely individualized and his scar-repair work is top notch.  Watch some more of his videos where he is the presenter on youtube.  You'll see a nice variety of work among all ethnic types and skin types.

Edited by jjsrader
  • Thanks 1

Hang in there man.  I can feel the pain.  Do not go for body and other hair Transplant in  North America.  I did not have a good experience either and i would not recommend anyone for that here.  Doctor caused more damage then good and i too have regrets of trusting doctors.  I was let down big time.  I hope you can get things sorted.  I too am looking for a way out with an ethical doctor.  Feel free to pm if you need.  Again, keep yourself strong and hang in there.  

On 9/25/2020 at 7:53 AM, Sean said:

Hang in there man.  I can feel the pain.  Do not go for body and other hair Transplant in  North America.  I did not have a good experience either and i would not recommend anyone for that here.  Doctor caused more damage then good and i too have regrets of trusting doctors.  I was let down big time.  I hope you can get things sorted.  I too am looking for a way out with an ethical doctor.  Feel free to pm if you need.  Again, keep yourself strong and hang in there.  

Thanks so much...means a lot

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

On 9/24/2020 at 10:11 PM, Sam818 said:

Stay away from umar. I’ve spoken to guys who went to him and had to get repaired afterwards after he damaged their scalp. He’s an unorthodox surgeon but not in a good way in my opinion. Anytime the topic of body hair comes up so does his name but there are top surgeons who are capable of using body hair when necessary. Check out these results if you haven’t already.

I saw Dr bisanga 2 years bk...he told me 1000 bht (beard) with SMP.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

On 9/25/2020 at 6:49 AM, jjsrader said:

I'd go see this guy (the guy narrating the video) - he is imho the best in the U.S. for SMP.  He would give you a custom video consult I believe for free.  Hairline shapes are completely individualized and his scar-repair work is top notch.  Watch some more of his videos where he is the presenter on youtube.  You'll see a nice variety of work among all ethnic types and skin types.

Wow...thanks man...looks great...wonder if someone like this is based in the UK....I believe you have to go back every 1-3 years to top up the smp as they fade?

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

2 hours ago, azza786 said:

Wow...thanks man...looks great...wonder if someone like this is based in the UK....I believe you have to go back every 1-3 years to top up the smp as they fade?

Matt iulo, the guy in the video, just like many of the top practitioners actually did his training at his hair clinic in the uk which was at one point known as the premier smp clinic in the world. From my understanding though the company went downhill and the top original practitioners all left and started there own clinics. Paul Clark at Brandwood clinic is one of those guys. You should talk to some of the guys in the smp section of this site who are in the UK who have had it done to help guide you. 

look how natural his work is:

https://www.instagram.com/paulclark_brandwoodclinic/?hl=en

Edited by Sam818
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sam818 said:

Matt iulo, the guy in the video, just like many of the top practitioners actually did his training at his hair clinic in the uk which was at one point known as the premier smp clinic in the world. From my understanding though the company went downhill and the top original practitioners all left and started there own clinics. Paul Clark at Brandwood clinic is one of those guys. You should talk to some of the guys in the smp section of this site who are in the UK who have had it done to help guide you. 

look how natural his work is:

https://www.instagram.com/paulclark_brandwoodclinic/?hl=en

Thanks soo much!

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

26 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Maybe try a hair system? They have come a long way, plenty of great examples of them online.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HairsystemsHeydecke/videos

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9kphHUFSA9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Hi,

I have been using them for the past 10 years :D ....looking for a change to be honest.

Thanks

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

You should consult with doctor umar in redondo beach, Ca. he deals with cases like yours. He is no longer a member of this forum but he’s made improvements in patients with depleted donors who are out of options. If you could At least salvage the hairline it could give you the option of wearing a hairpiece or doing smp in the crown.

1 minute ago, jc636 said:

You should consult with doctor umar in redondo beach, Ca. he deals with cases like yours. He is no longer a member of this forum but he’s made improvements in patients with depleted donors who are out of options. If you could At least salvage the hairline it could give you the option of wearing a hairpiece or doing smp in the crown.

Thanks for the advice. You make a good point but to be fair, I want to move on from wearing a hair piece...so if SMP is as good as it is being shown, I need to get myself round to that. 

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

On 9/26/2020 at 11:56 PM, azza786 said:

I saw Dr bisanga 2 years bk...he told me 1000 bht (beard) with SMP.

I’m a former pt of bisangas and this seems like sound advice. I would like to add it seems like everyone has an opinion and is telling you to not try bht and don’t have any surgery again ever etc, but the truth is, bht is actually a last resort option for patients such as yourself who have no other option. It looks like you already have some hair on top that can be made into a hairline. If you do have donor region DUPA, body hair would be resistant to that, at least theoretically. You said you already have had bht, what was the growth like on that? You obviously won’t get full coverage so that’s where smp comes in but something may be able to be done with your hairline.

1 minute ago, jc636 said:

I’m a former pt of bisangas and this seems like sound advice. I would like to add it seems like everyone has an opinion and is telling you to not try bht and don’t have any surgery again ever etc, but the truth is, bht is actually a last resort option for patients such as yourself who have no other option. It looks like you already have some hair on top that can be made into a hairline. If you do have donor region DUPA, body hair would be resistant to that, at least theoretically. You said you already have had bht, what was the growth like on that? You obviously won’t get full coverage so that’s where smp comes in but something may be able to be done with your hairline.

Hi,

Yes so interms of body hair, I would say the growth is soso...mainly in the crown area but relatively, speaking it hasn't given the desired effect.

Yes I could potentially add more grafts and SMP but to be fair right now I have been put off from surgery . I suppose I could have SMP first and then maybe the BHT. Certainly, my next step now is to step up from the hair system somehow.

You are right I do have a hairline so atleast there is a framework to work with.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

Hope all's well.

After mustering up some courage, I had my consultation with Paul Clark at Brandwood clinic and am booked in for December.

I would like to thank you all for your inputs and @Gatsby for his story. It took me a while to look into SMP but I'm thinking that if there are soo many people doing it...it must be something....another attempt in improving my situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

@Melvin-Moderatoris right, as a representative of a clinic it would better you go for SMP, don't let others to make a quick buck on your head.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

2 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

@Melvin-Moderatoris right, as a representative of a clinic it would better you go for SMP, don't let others to make a quick buck on your head.

Sorry...I should have said that this is SMP that I am going for now.

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Valued Contributor

Congratulations Azza. After all that you have been through I think you are making the best choice. Remember also that SMP in no way will exclude you from any other potential treatments, etc in the future. You will feel so much more liberated just from the hassle of hair pieces and hair. Trust me on this. Also this will put the focus on your eyes and other features that we forget about. Looking forward to your Christmas present to yourself. I look forward to seeing your results. All the best!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, azza786 said:

Gentlemen,

Hope all's well.

After mustering up some courage, I had my consultation with Paul Clark at Brandwood clinic and am booked in for December.

I would like to thank you all for your inputs and @Gatsby for his story. It took me a while to look into SMP but I'm thinking that if there are soo many people doing it...it must be something....another attempt in improving my situation.

Lots of good advice above

I am glad you decided to Avoid another surgical procedure (esp body hair at the moment).  No reason a surgeon should have attempted to repair you and use up grafts after realizing how poorly the work yielded first time around.  Nor should have had operated on you at a young age until progression was more evident, but now is the time to try to feel better.  It has been a long journey indeed and a struggle for you that never should have been.  I know the feeling as an ever ongoin repair patient.  It really affects a person.  I too hope to have an ethical person correct the issue.  I am glad that you have decided to try smp.  It is probably the best option when it comes to creating an illusion of density around the scalp.  It willl hopefully fill in and blend well within existing hairs that have lost some density as well.  Should really help with scar line for sure.  I know that is a concern for you as well.  

i remember fouseytube initially had great smp done.  It looked well blended and even gave a great fade look.  He was able to carry shaved look well, but whats interesting is, he had a great hair system that also complemented it later and gave options.  There is hope and just remember to stay strong.  I hope this gives you some peace and allows you to carry on without added stress.  

here is fouseytube with tattoo repair via  smp 

here he is with smp

and hair piece

I think when done right, it can give you options and relieve stress you’ve endured.  

i am rooting for you.  This struggle from the start wasn’t easy, but i hope this really helps you.  Keep us updated man!  Best wishes.