Dr. Arocha | 3000 FUT | 4 Year Results

When this patient first came to Dr. Arocha, he had significant thinning. Dr. Arocha performed a 3000 graft FUT procedure. The “after” images were taken approximately four years after his initial procedure. He just came back in for a second procedure, this time an FUE, to add density.

Before:

thumb_DSC_4270_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC18305_1024.jpg

Before:

thumb_DSC_3480_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC18315_1024.jpg

Before:

thumb_DSC_3481_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC18307_1024.jpg

Before:

thumb_DSC_4274_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC18309_1024.jpg

Before:

thumb_DSC_4278_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC18324_1024.jpg

Before:

thumb_DSC_4277_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC18313_1024.jpg

Before:

thumb_DSC_4276_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC18312_1024.jpg

Before:

thumb_DSC_4273_1024.jpg

After:

thumb__DC18308_1024.jpg

• Like 1

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

Sorry. To me it just looks like his hair grew longer. Not great before and after considering its different angles, his hairline is covered and hair brushed forward in the after pics. 

• Like 1

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

12 minutes ago, hairlosscpa said:

Sorry. To me it just looks like his hair grew longer. Not great before and after considering its different angles, his hairline is covered and hair brushed forward in the after pics. 

Yeah... Don't clinics usually post their best results too? This doesn't give me much confidence.

• Moderators

You guys have to realize that this is 4 years later. Most of that thin, miniaturized hair he had before the hair transplant is probably gone now and you are only seeing the transplanted hair.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

You guys have to realize that this is 4 years later. Most of that thin, miniaturized hair he had before the hair transplant is probably gone now and you are only seeing the transplanted hair.

Good point!  While this is not a mind blowing result, the patient definitely lost more native hair since the procedure, he is in a good position going forward.  His donor looks strong.  He could easily beef up the front and start addressing the crown with another 2000 grafts.  Good longterm planning with the first procedure.  

Edited by aaron1234
  • Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hey guys, that's me.  It has been 4 years since my FUT procedure, and I'm pleased with my results from Dr. Arocha.  The first surgery in 2016 was to rebuild my hairline so nothing was done in the crown.  It was all frontal third work.  The second procedure which I had just one month ago was an FUE to address the midscalp.  I was very pleased with how much area Dr. Arocha and his staff was able to cover.  Now it's time for the yearlong wait!  Hopefully hairs start coming out in bunches around month five like last time!  

This pic was taken a day after my first procedure to show you the area he worked on. 

Photo on 2016-04-01 at 04.29 #2.jpg

• Like 1

Mycroft, 

The FUE procedure was around 2723 grafts.  Although the bulk went into the midscalp and crown areas, Dr. Arocha placed some in my hair line as well and in my scar.  I will post some more pictures around the four month mark.  Today I'm exactly at the one month mark!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BeHappy said:

How true!  I feel I would have had gone completely bald on top if not for the first procedure. And I also started finasteride in 2016 which helped a lot.  

• Like 2

Awesome @B1gM1ke!  Good luck with round 2!  Any reason why you did FUE this time around?  You still must have had some laxity for one more strip.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

2 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

Awesome @B1gM1ke!  Good luck with round 2!  Any reason why you did FUE this time around?  You still must have had some laxity for one more strip.

Thanks Aaron!  I went with fue because I wanted to place grafts in my old fut scar.  Time will tell if I can cut my hair a little shorter in the back.  What I’m looking forward to the most is the changes in the hairline and midscalp to crown area. I have very wavy hair so hope that will help create the illusion of density in the back - an area that has bothered me since my mid twenties!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I think the work looks great! Congrats on your second procedure! I’ve had one procedure with Dr. Arocha myself and can’t wait to have more work done with him. In the same area as this last procedure of yours actually. I’m really looking forward to your updates!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

I think the work looks great! Congrats on your second procedure! I’ve had one procedure with Dr. Arocha myself and can’t wait to have more work done with him. In the same area as this last procedure of yours actually. I’m really looking forward to your updates!

@Steeeve Thank you!  I took the opportunity to have a surgery while I can work from home.  Zoom meetings don’t require the back of my head haha.  I was happy with the amount of coverage after the surgery.  I thought I was going to only get the midscalp and scar done, but Dr. Arocha was also able to reinforce the hairline and place grafts in the crown as well.  That was a great feeling.  

• Valued Contributor
16 minutes ago, B1gM1ke said:

That was a great feeling.  

I bet that it was! There’s nothing quite like hearing you’re going to be getting a little more hair than you initially thought you would be getting!!

• Like 1