BREAKING NEWS: Surgeon Arrested 10 Months After Patient Dies

• Administrators

Do you guys remember 10 months back a 43-year old man from Mumbai India, passed away after having an FUE procedure of 9,000 grafts. Well, not only was the doctor found negligent, but he was arrested and booked because of his negligence. Thoughts? 

Hair Transplant Surgeon Arrested Ten Months After Patient Dies

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So basically, the patient didn't die because 9,000 grafts were harvested, instead, died from an allergic reaction to the anesthesia, because the doctor didn't do skin tests before administering it. IMHO, they should take away his medical license so he cant practice medicine anymore and put him in jail for a long time.

This is extremely sad. Hopefully this brings to the light that there needs to be a higher levels of industry standards across the board. This site should be able to continue offering advice to those unfamiliar with the surgery, physicians and proper ways of operating.

The biggest takeaways from this are that if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. No ethical physician would ever attempt 9,000 grafts because it's not realistic. It sounds like this patient was promised the "magic wand solution". Please educate yourself on the physician, their practice and methods of operation. In doing so, it can literally save your life.

• Like 1

Regardless of what is on any consent including “death”, Surgeons are held accountable for their actions that harm a patient.  Even if a patient commits suicide due to damages, then that patients family can go after a doc.  Sad this happened and in the days of scalp flaps and etc, it was actually common.  

feel sorry for this patient and his family though—- tragic

• Administrators

@Eugenix Hair Science Dr. Pradeep Sethi was on the committee that helped book him for negligence, it’s good that there are still good surgeons out there that can help book these negligent physicians.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Sean said:

Regardless of what is on any consent including “death”, Surgeons are held accountable for their actions that harm a patient.  Even if a patient commits suicide due to damages, then that patients family can go after a doc.  Sad this happened and in the days of scalp flaps and etc, it was actually common.  

feel sorry for this patient and his family though—- tragic

If a patient is feeling suicidal, I think there is something deeper than hair loss. I am a huge proponent on mental health. There is a mental health crisis in North America, it is the silent killer. Mental health before hair.

View my thread

Wow. Horrific and tragic. Hoping the outcome of the lawsuit brings some sort of closure to the family, but the fact that he reportedly had 13 other instances of negligent behavior makes it all the more infuriating. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

Yea, at least this negligent doctor getting his license revoked so this doesn’t happen again is a great thing.

View my thread

On 1/10/2020 at 4:44 AM, makehairgreatagain said:

This is extremely sad. Hopefully this brings to the light that there needs to be a higher levels of industry standards across the board. This site should be able to continue offering advice to those unfamiliar with the surgery, physicians and proper ways of operating.

The biggest takeaways from this are that if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. No ethical physician would ever attempt 9,000 grafts because it's not realistic. It sounds like this patient was promised the "magic wand solution". Please educate yourself on the physician, their practice and methods of operation. In doing so, it can literally save your life.

Eugenix have mentioned that they’ve done 16,000 grafts on a patient in 3 sittings including grafts from the scalp, beard and body yet they are regarded highly because of their work.

i personally believe it’s the dr’s negligence and not the fact that 9000 grafts were taken.

55 minutes ago, Min12 said:

Eugenix have mentioned that they’ve done 16,000 grafts on a patient in 3 sittings including grafts from the scalp, beard and body yet they are regarded highly because of their work.

i personally believe it’s the dr’s negligence and not the fact that 9000 grafts were taken.

Uhh 9000 grafts in one sitting is pretty unheard of. This procedure likely took a very long time and a lot of anesthesia likely had to be used 

On 1/10/2020 at 5:21 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Eugenix Hair Science Dr. Pradeep Sethi was on the committee that helped book him for negligence, it’s good that there are still good surgeons out there that can help book these negligent physicians.

Patient Safety and Health is the utmost importance @Eugenix Hair Science as I and thousands of others who had the experience of having their HT there.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Min12 said:

9,000 grafts in one sitting is absurd. Eugenix get high graft counts combining body hair. Most patients do not possess a donor supply that can withstand 9,000 grafts, let alone in one shot. Very reckless and unethical.

• Like 1

View my thread