Dr. Blake Bloxham FUT 1986 Grafts

Tbcruz

Anyone know if this will damage my implanted grafts?

I was walking into a building and there was a nail on a hanging piece of wood and I bumped into it. Scratched my head and it bleed for alittle. I want to add I was wearing a hat.

What are the chances I messed something up? I’m so pissed... 

82F0962A-B6C5-42B3-B638-AA3DF31F3D59.jpeg

Shit, see if you can get to Dr Bloxham for him to inspect if possible

I emailed him waiting for a response. I honestly don’t think it’s anything to worry about I just rather it come from him since he has prob seen this happen a lot.

or if this happened to anyone else? 

1 hour ago, Tbcruz said:

Anyone know if this will damage my implanted grafts?

I was walking into a building and there was a nail on a hanging piece of wood and I bumped into it. Scratched my head and it bleed for alittle. I want to add I was wearing a hat.

What are the chances I messed something up? I’m so pissed... 

82F0962A-B6C5-42B3-B638-AA3DF31F3D59.jpeg

Being 3 weeks out you should be ok but definitely see what the doc has to say. Hope you’re feeling ok bro

• Thanks 1

As far as damaging your grafts I think your ok I wouldn’t worry. Just make sure you keep it clean and apply antiseptic. Definitely give Dr. Bloxham a call though he may recommend a tetanus shot if that was an old rusty nail.

• Thanks 1

Hey TBcruz, is everything okay?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irry88 said:

Hey TBcruz, is everything okay?

Yea everything is good. Dr. Bloxham responded and said he’s almost positive that nothing was damaged. Looking at it again my scalp wasn’t cut but looks like it was just a scratch. It looks much better this morning just a red line fading. In the off chance that some damage occurred he said he would fue that part for me.

Also he did say that while it might be over kill he does recommend getting a tetanus shot.

Edited by Tbcruz

So yesterday (March 3) was 4 weeks and today makes a 1 month

I don’t know if my grafts are growing or not but I see a whole lot of block dots all over my recipient area. In bright light you can’t see it too well but in the pictures I took you do if you zoom in. I’ll let you guys form your own opinions.

Iam noticing my crown alittle thinner idk if it’s just stock loss or not but I guess only time will tell. Talking about shock loss I’m definitely experiencing it under the scar which sucks and I hope my crown and scar recover.

Edited by Tbcruz

• Valued Contributor

That shockloss should even itself out. Everyone is different but yours looks really minimal. It has the potential to get worse but I would say yours is in really good shape for being a month out. Mine took about 6 months to stop looking so diffused underneath and it’s honestly still progressing, although admittedly my scar is not the best.

All in all, I would say you like you’re in a really good place this early on. For only a month out your scar and your recipient look great!

2 hours ago, Steeeve said:

That shockloss should even itself out. Everyone is different but yours looks really minimal. It has the potential to get worse but I would say yours is in really good shape for being a month out. Mine took about 6 months to stop looking so diffused underneath and it’s honestly still progressing, although admittedly my scar is not the best.

All in all, I would say you like you’re in a really good place this early on. For only a month out your scar and your recipient look great!

yea I regret buzzing my head lol. Now not only do I have shockloss under the scar but on my crown I hope everything comes back this sucks.

The only thing working for me is looks like some growth is coming in.

Edited by Tbcruz

7 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

DAA79F3D-7383-4A4D-92C2-279365216295.jpeg

5819D24C-0195-46DF-9A7E-F51701A62CDE.jpeg

3EED5914-1EE7-48D7-9889-2045E94DDE2E.jpeg

CEE53CEC-6440-4084-A302-50D900096FF3.jpeg

29D2018E-B9A0-47FC-A024-860929AC1D2C.jpeg

6683CA01-5986-47E6-A76A-DA862673BB36.jpeg

E8D30F9A-C58E-4B82-BCD4-461E16C4A899.jpeg

Hey man. I don’t think your crown looking thinner has anything to do with shock loss because dr bloxham only worked in the front third. I’m pretty sure shock loss only Happens in areas where hairs are transplanted too close to native hairs which creates a blood supply issue. The crown seems to be completely separate in your case just my opinion. 
Did dr bloxham mention anything about the shockloss around the scar ? 

1 hour ago, James C said:

Hey man. I don’t think your crown looking thinner has anything to do with shock loss because dr bloxham only worked in the front third. I’m pretty sure shock loss only Happens in areas where hairs are transplanted too close to native hairs which creates a blood supply issue. The crown seems to be completely separate in your case just my opinion. 
Did dr bloxham mention anything about the shockloss around the scar ? 

I thought it was weird, but you can get shockloss any where when you have a ht even if the work is in the front. There’s plenty of people that documented their procedure and went thru the same thing and all of them recovered 🤞.

I didn’t bring it up to him because I know it’s normal (shockloss around the scar). I don’t want to constantly be emailing/text/calling him for stuff I know about. The only time I contacted him was when I scratched my head fml and before that I sent him pics when I buzzed my head after staple removal. 

On 1/9/2020 at 10:39 AM, Tbcruz said:

First time no I had a fue. The first procedure made a huge cosmetic difference But the density very low and on closer examination some hairs did not grow. (Link to that thread below)

based on what I know now about both procedures (fue & fut)i want to make sure i put my self in the best possible situation for a good result now and further down the line to do more.

no medication but once I get the procedure done I’m thinking of giving fin a try. 

here is the thread for first procedure.

Hopefully your results with your FUT come out as good as mine. We seem to have a similar hair type although maybe my hair loss was at a greater extent than yours in the beginning. I stuck with Dr. Nader because I feel all my procedures went well. With our hair type and color it’s hard to get that density in one pass. 

54 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

Hopefully your results with your FUT come out as good as mine. We seem to have a similar hair type although maybe my hair loss was at a greater extent than yours in the beginning. I stuck with Dr. Nader because I feel all my procedures went well. With our hair type and color it’s hard to get that density in one pass.

Thank you guy73,

I don’t blame you if my procedure went well then I would of done the same. I think going with fue and having a successful transplant has a lot to do with what kind of grafts you have and if they can handle “the move”. My grafts were not ideal for fue that’s why some grafts didn’t survive and some that did were damaged and won’t grow but have hair there.

All in all I don’t think it was a waste but I’m glad I went fut this time around I feel really good about my transplant “could be wrong lol”.

Important thing is we are happy. Your hair looks great man btw. You must be really happy and I’m happy for you. 

26 minutes ago, Tbcruz said:

Thank you guy73,

I don’t blame you if my procedure went well then I would of done the same. I think going with fue and having a successful transplant has a lot to do with what kind of grafts you have and if they can handle “the move”. My grafts were not ideal for fue that’s why some grafts didn’t survive and some that did were damaged and won’t grow but have hair there.

All in all I don’t think it was a waste but I’m glad I went fut this time around I feel really good about my transplant “could be wrong lol”.

Important thing is we are happy. Your hair looks great man btw. You must be really happy and I’m happy for you. 

Not sure if you know this but dr. Nader did fut for many years prior to switching over to fue. I ask him why he switched? He said with the implanter tool and fue he had a more consistent better results. Ever talk to nader about your results?

1 hour ago, Guy73 said:

Not sure if you know this but dr. Nader did fut for many years prior to switching over to fue. I ask him why he switched? He said with the implanter tool and fue he had a more consistent better results. Ever talk to nader about your results?

Yea I do, I did a lot of research into Dr. Nader and I do think he’s a good doctor. I don’t believe he had better results with fue but I think he saw the that results were similar and that almost all patients wanted fue.

The main reason people have fue is because in there head they think if it doesn’t work out I’ll shave head. Which was my thought as well. Well I don’t want to shave my head ever lol. As I did more research after Nader into both fue and fut I realized that fut results from the best doctors were way more consistent than fue from those same doctors. Not saying fue doesn’t work because it does but it’s just not for everyone.

I did speak with him and he was very understanding and said for me to come back that he would cover the next procedure. Which says a lot about him. Only thing was by then I had done the following research that I mentioned above ^. I didn’t want to thin out my donor anymore and I knew my hair loss could soon be worse and I wanted to put myself in the best possible situation with the most amount of grafts available. Which means going fut and then finishing fue if I need to.

Hope you are doing well, can you show us a pic of the scar?

On 3/7/2020 at 11:20 AM, Guy73 said:

How many graft were you able to get fut? Do you know how many grafts he placed per sq cm?

1986 was the total. I’m not sure on the grafts per sq cm but he did a dense pack frontal band as he always does and going back density decreases.

1 hour ago, Irry88 said:

Hope you are doing well, can you show us a pic of the scar?

yea just going through this ugly duckling phase. Hoping it will be over soon lol.

let me see if I can take some. idk if my shock loss is recovering or if my my hair is just covering it but it’s looking better. One side had more shock loss than the other tho.

• Administrators

Shock loss is totally normal matt1978 shared a picture of his shock loss and it looked identical, it resolved on its own. I also wouldn’t worry about that bump. I had a similar issue and I couldn’t tell that any grafts were lost.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Shock loss is totally normal matt1978 shared a picture of his shock loss and it looked identical, it resolved on its own. I also wouldn’t worry about that bump. I had a similar issue and I couldn’t tell that any grafts were lost.

Thanks Melvin, 

Yea im praying the shock loss goes away soon. I can only where certain kind of hats because of it which sucks. I honestly don’t think any damage was done. The scar is completely gone. 

• Administrators

@1978matt may interject with his pics, he shared it before. I’m not sure how long it’ll take to subside but it will.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It took about 6 months for the scar to fill in about 90%, then maybe another 4 or 5 for the final 10%. Basically it should follow the same trajectory of transplanted hairs. 

• Thanks 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 3 weeks later...

8 week update

Barely anything happening tbh still early. I don’t even know where the scar is all I see is a red line with hair growing Above, below, and in it. I still do have shock loss on that red line which just started to sprout hairs.  Feel free to ask any questions. I’m going to keep it simple for this update pictures below ⬇️

54C352F9-B03F-4C51-BC32-CFC89FCB0318.jpeg

EF72FCD4-9951-4FFB-90B6-677391AE8E22.jpeg

B7F73630-47C2-48D4-AB1F-BFAED4A2F439.jpeg

434E86C8-BCAB-4047-AC88-C8F20068AFC3.jpeg

Edited by Tbcruz
  • Like 1