Dr. Blake Bloxham FUT 1986 Grafts

Tbcruz

8 hours ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

Howcome with FUE the patients gets his head in a buzzcut yet with FUT they dont buzzoff the whole head?

Well in the in the donor you don’t need to buzz it all off just where the strip is going to be removed as with doing fue you need to buzz all of the donor so the doctor can pick and choose which grafts he wants. 

the recipient area always needs to be shaved so they can see where they are working. I know they offer an unshaven option but to me that’s just making it harder for the doctor and increasing your chances of something going wrong 

• Like 1

Today makes 1 week 

Over-all super excited. Very big difference from my first procedure very dense and excited for when it starts to grow.

scabs are completely gone I can’t stop rubbing my head from like day 5 lol and so yesterday night while showering I noticed how easily it was coming off and before I knew it I would say 95% of scabs were gone. 

no pictures of the scar until I remove staples because there’s really nothing to look at it’s just a line as of right now. But I do have some stinging pain here and there but nothing crazy maybe 2/10 pain wise.

above my scar I would say like 1 inch or so is still numb but I feel like it is slowly getting better.

Yesterday I started finasteride (2-10-20) I’m planning on doing Monday/Wednesday/Friday 1mg. If anyone has any suggestions on the dosage I’m taking and how often let me know. I decided on it based on the research I did and studies I found. 

Here are the pics enjoy and let me know of any questions.

39AA523F-346B-49D6-9A0E-53337BB3796D.jpeg

DD5F110A-F645-4ADC-9EB7-FA10F21E3565.jpeg

5EA7515D-27FE-48B2-A142-A5B284E461F1.jpeg

Edited by Tbcruz

Today I had my staples removed and it’s 10 days post op.

600FA885-B26B-4849-83F4-3243F80CA2F1.jpeg

400AFC01-4F31-4F77-900B-0DC607BCCB89.jpeg

75E7CB48-FAE2-493C-9880-3D572335F223.jpeg

FCBE9F42-3FF6-481A-A4CD-9AEF7B5F296B.jpeg

Edited by Tbcruz
  • Like 1

I did get this Red dot on my head after a shower  don’t think I lost a graft but kinda scared me I wonder what it is ??

Any ideas ??

512B6ECF-55B2-42D3-92AE-933F63ECD397.jpeg

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

I did get this Red dot on my head after a shower  don’t think I lost a graft but kinda scared me I wonder what it is ??

Any ideas ??

512B6ECF-55B2-42D3-92AE-933F63ECD397.jpeg

I would get these during the post op process. I had the same concern and asked my doc. He said that they were ingrown hairs. The hot water from the shower makes them easier to open up while you rubbing your head during the wash. It’s perfectly normal and the doc said it’s actually good as those hairs need to be released. 

Your hair looks great pre-shed, btw! Congrats! I followed your progress with Dr. Nader as I was heavily considering him myself. No offense to Dr. Nader. You had some fine growth with him but IF I had gone to Nader, myself, I would’ve had to go get a touch up from another doctor, as well. Dr. Bloxham is an incredible doc and your post op pics look miles beyond what you looked like with Nader. Fingers crossed that in 5 or 6 months you’re going to see some pretty awesome growth!!

On 2/15/2020 at 8:07 AM, James C said:

It looks like an ingrown hair.

Thank you James.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:42 PM, Steeeve said:

I would get these during the post op process. I had the same concern and asked my doc. He said that they were ingrown hairs. The hot water from the shower makes them easier to open up while you rubbing your head during the wash. It’s perfectly normal and the doc said it’s actually good as those hairs need to be released. 

Your hair looks great pre-shed, btw! Congrats! I followed your progress with Dr. Nader as I was heavily considering him myself. No offense to Dr. Nader. You had some fine growth with him but IF I had gone to Nader, myself, I would’ve had to go get a touch up from another doctor, as well. Dr. Bloxham is an incredible doc and your post op pics look miles beyond what you looked like with Nader. Fingers crossed that in 5 or 6 months you’re going to see some pretty awesome growth!!

thanks Steve,

yea when I look back at where I was and how it finished it was a big difference. I do notice a lot of differences this round recovering. Even my wife said that the redness is so much less and the grafts are way tighter together than previous ht. I’m really happy I got it done with Dr Bloxham, he’s awesome. I have a feeling this time around I will be very satisfied by that time. 

have you had a transplant yet? 

On 2/15/2020 at 3:50 PM, LonelyGraft said:

The scar looks crazy good. 

Thanks lonelygraft, yea I’m really surprised how it turned out and can’t believe I was worried about the scar. 

Edited by Tbcruz

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

have you had a transplant yet? 

I have. I went with Dr. Arocha back in April last year. I’m very happy. My doctor did right by me. I’ve still got some time for things to mature but I only had my hairline and frontal third touched and I’m going to go back in to have my mid scalp and crown worked on sometime after my 12 months. Maybe some touch up work on my hairline depending on how things go in the next few months.

I don’t know how much help it might be since you’ve already gone through the process but feel free to check it out. I tried to be as thorough as possible throughout my process. 

Edited by Steeeve

8 hours ago, Steeeve said:

I have. I went with Dr. Arocha back in April last year. I’m very happy. My doctor did right by me. I’ve still got some time for things to mature but I only had my hairline and frontal third touched and I’m going to go back in to have my mid scalp and crown worked on sometime after my 12 months. Maybe some touch up work on my hairline depending on how things go in the next few months.

I don’t know how much help it might be since you’ve already gone through the process but feel free to check it out. I tried to be as thorough as possible throughout my process. 

Wow big difference from where you came from Dr. A did a good job with you. You have to be super excited lol. Yea I went through your entire thread. How’s the scar ? 

• Valued Contributor
17 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

Wow big difference from where you came from Dr. A did a good job with you. You have to be super excited lol. Yea I went through your entire thread. How’s the scar ? 

Yeah man, I’m excited! And thank you. Seeing what the first one did I can’t wait to close off my crown.

Lol I didn’t know how real hair greed was until I did this!

My scar is really good on the back and left side of my head but it’s definitely wider on the right. It’s really not a big deal for me as I keep my hair long but I’ll still probably throw some grafts in there via FUE when all is said and done.

Your scar looks incredible at this stage. Both Feller and Bloxham tend to get stellar scars, man! I’m looking forward to seeing where your transformation goes!👍🏻

5 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Yeah man, I’m excited! And thank you. Seeing what the first one did I can’t wait to close off my crown.

Lol I didn’t know how real hair greed was until I did this!

My scar is really good on the back and left side of my head but it’s definitely wider on the right. It’s really not a big deal for me as I keep my hair long but I’ll still probably throw some grafts in there via FUE when all is said and done.

Your scar looks incredible at this stage. Both Feller and Bloxham tend to get stellar scars, man! I’m looking forward to seeing where your transformation goes!👍🏻

Yea I bet, I can’t wait til I’m in the same situation as you lol I’m only 2 weeks out but I’m very excited to see what this journey brings me with Dr. Bloxham. 

its worth the trade off honestly even if my scar was a little more wide I wouldn’t be upset as long as I get the growth in the front I’ll be happy. Yea the options you have to get rid of the scar are great (smp,fue)

thanks Steve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OliverAtom said:

That looks clean and really nice!
Looking forward to seeing your hair transplant progress bro!

Thanks bro. Appreciate it 

The scar does look good. Congrats 

I’m a bit nervous about my upcoming FUT procedure yet excited for the upcoming months. I’ve been thinking about this since  in my 20’s and I’m almost 50 now. Lol

i will definitely ask the forum for pointers post op. Again I think the men and women are brave to go through this as I’ve put it off for almost 30 years 

On 2/11/2020 at 11:11 AM, Tbcruz said:

Yesterday I started finasteride (2-10-20) I’m planning on doing Monday/Wednesday/Friday 1mg. If anyone has any suggestions on the dosage I’m taking and how often let me know. I decided on it based on the research I did and studies I found. 

Congrats, everything looks great so far. I'd be careful regarding that medication. Just keep on eye out for side effects. 

12 hours ago, Cahustler said:

The scar does look good. Congrats 

I’m a bit nervous about my upcoming FUT procedure yet excited for the upcoming months. I’ve been thinking about this since  in my 20’s and I’m almost 50 now. Lol

i will definitely ask the forum for pointers post op. Again I think the men and women are brave to go through this as I’ve put it off for almost 30 years 

Thanks cahustler,

Yea I was going through the same feelings before having my procedure lol. Good thing you held off that long because I’m sure the industry wasn’t as good 30 years ago as it’s been in the last 15. The internet is a huge help to find good doctors instead of going to the local guy in town.

The increase in hair transplants in men and women is deff a good sign and make it no so much a taboo anymore.

which doctor are you going with and what is your hair loss at? 

11 hours ago, Edward926 said:

Congrats, everything looks great so far. I'd be careful regarding that medication. Just keep on eye out for side effects. 

Thanks Edward, 

I thought about the meds for a very long time 4-5 years and after some research I decided to give it a shot. If anything comes up, I will drop it immediately.

• Like 1

19 days post op:

What’s up everyone wanted to upload some pictures for you guys and give some updates on how everything is going

All Hairs have shed and I’m seeing black dots which is hair growing I know it’s too early for it to start growing. Kinda weird like the hairs just broke but are still growing. (Not everywhere)

Pain/discomfort is completely gone to be honest with the ocasional sting once in a blue. Above the scar to the crown is alittle numb still but I feel like everyday that passes is a big improvement.

Looks like I have alittle shock loss at the bottom of the scar which sucks but I do see hairs there they are just see through idk it’s weird. Kinda want it to grow already so the scar is not visible. I have a decent amount of hair in the front so I know with caboki I can mask having had a procedure once it gets alittle longer.

*question I have about fut scar if anyone knows*

1. Is there anyway scars can stretch this far out (3weeks)?

2. When is it safe to say that the chances of a scar stretching is over?

3. When does scar stretching typically happen? 1st week? 2 weeks?

4. How long does shock loss around the scar take to go away? 

68A2BC83-5618-47DA-BC62-6B845C2A027E.jpeg

0F72886F-8728-49E5-A4AC-F837A94B2218.jpeg

6CE0C9D5-C6CA-406B-A26D-AB6D345D41ED.jpeg

ED50E1FE-2193-48A2-87E2-9A0243D17215.jpeg

Edited by Tbcruz

Looking great bro! The scar is looking very clean. You’re gonna be looking like a movie star soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m really looking forward to seeing that scar in a month!

17 hours ago, Irry88 said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing that scar in a month!

I hope in a month I don’t see it lol..

15 hours ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

The scar usually turns white right?

yes from what I see a white line.