Dr. Blake Bloxham FUT 1986 Grafts

Tbcruz

Yea me either, I’m usually a patient guy but honestly I can’t wait to see the results. How are you doing ?

Quarantine does suck but at the same time a blessing for guys like us who recently got a ht.

hows the head looking will fibers work to mask it until you get some real growth? 

Lol. Yea staying at home will do that to you 

Just curious does he break down how many grafts per sq cm he placed in your front? In my experience that is the only true way to judge a outcome because that is what ultimately shows in the lights we all hate like in Walmart’s,fitting rooms etc...  

• Like 1

That’s a good question. I haven’t seen a video he posted explaining that but I could bring it up to him and will get back to you. 

1 hour ago, Tbcruz said:

That’s a good question. I haven’t seen a video he posted explaining that but I could bring it up to him and will get back to you. 

I am actually very surprised he does not explain that. All 3 of my procedures that was explained and you are given a sheet at the end with graft count and so forth. If I have Learned anything it’s that particular detail that one of the most important in this whole process. Obviously it can be limited on what donor you have. I see only two kind of doctors out there , ones that draw a zone then just visually pack it in at random or a doctor that actually draws out the zone to be filled in, then divides that zone into boxes establishing how many hairs/grafts each box gets. This way the doctor already knows how many grafts will be needed before the extraction. Generally 30-40 grafts can be placed in a box per session because of graft survival rate is much higher around 30-35 grafts per box. 
higher then that the risk of survival starts to decrease. So at a minimum you would probably need at least two passes to achieve 60/70 grafts per sq cm / box. Or even a 3 rd pass depending of hair type to compensate for thin or lighter hair. 
now can you pack it in tighter? Well that depends I think it’s a lot harder to  do using forceps then DHI method And it is a gamble if a doctor is able to pack 50 55,60 grafts  per square centimeter first go around. it is possible to get a good result with only one pass But those results can vary ,for a safe bet the explanation above is old school but works the best for most people.

Looks awesome man!

pretty much identical to me at every stage so far.

To be completely transparent with you- month 6-7 you’ll be happy with the results but still be like eh..and month 9-10 you’ll be blown away.. the amount it sensed up as it got closer to a year was crazy.

keep patient and don’t overthink anything!! It’ll be amazing when everything matures.

Random pic from the other day. 

On another note I started derma-rolling yesterday. So I’m currently derma-rolling (1xweek) & on finasteride (3xweek). 

Today actually marks 9 weeks exactly since op. And I couldn’t be any more impatient. I’m in between “I can’t wait til it actually grows” and ”did I make the right decision getting another ht

Its going to be a long road I hope it will be worth it. Lol 

92B818A3-07F0-47D1-802D-0ABF6C946C6A.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

You chose the best time to have a hair transplant, you and cahustler are lucky you don’t have to be in public during the ugly duckling. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/7/2020 at 5:00 PM, Tbcruz said:

Random pic from the other day. 

On another note I started derma-rolling yesterday. So I’m currently derma-rolling (1xweek) & on finasteride (3xweek). 

Today actually marks 9 weeks exactly since op. And I couldn’t be any more impatient. I’m in between “I can’t wait til it actually grows” and ”did I make the right decision getting another ht

Its going to be a long road I hope it will be worth it. Lol 

92B818A3-07F0-47D1-802D-0ABF6C946C6A.jpeg

Rooting for you and me too

some days I want to scream ... let’s grow some god damn hairs arghhhhhhhh

Edited by Cahustler

I wanted ask ... why does it feel weird when I am brushing my hair with my hands fingers on the transplanted hair vs native hairs? IE: against the grain feeling? or maybe scalp still numbs or zits? It’s a weird feeling I wish I could explain better .... I’m thinking it’s the spots that’s still sore from HT?

Edited by Cahustler

33 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

When I was in that stage I bought some apricot face scrub and used it on my hair/scalp once or twice a week. Skin will heal faster. 

Any idea how long it takes to cover up the FUT scar? Assuming you had FUT? I’m worried it’ll never be covered up ... sorry TB, I’ll get off your thread after this 😂 

854B8C1A-5CF0-47FB-AB04-2CCDD17A841B.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Cahustler said:

Any idea how long it takes to cover up the FUT scar? Assuming you had FUT? I’m worried it’ll never be covered up ... sorry TB, I’ll get off your thread after this 😂 

I'm wondering the same thing! Still super early to tell but sometimes I wonder if it will ever cover with how thin my donor area is.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:00 PM, Cahustler said:

Edited by Guy73

5 hours ago, Cahustler said:

In my case the FUT scar became way less visible as the first 6 months passed, took longer than expected but very relieved/happy with mine. My scar looked pretty similar to the pic posted initially.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 1:48 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

You chose the best time to have a hair transplant, you and cahustler are lucky you don’t have to be in public during the ugly duckling. 

Yea forreal, this is like a blessing but at the same time I hope this passes so I can actually enjoy it and go out when it finally grows out lol.

12 hours ago, Cahustler said:

I wanted ask ... why does it feel weird when I am brushing my hair with my hands fingers on the transplanted hair vs native hairs? IE: against the grain feeling? or maybe scalp still numbs or zits? It’s a weird feeling I wish I could explain better .... I’m thinking it’s the spots that’s still sore from HT?

to be honest I don’t know exactly what you are talking about but it deff doesn’t feel the same yet because of everything that is going on up there. 

7 hours ago, baldforalongtime said:

I'm wondering the same thing! Still super early to tell but sometimes I wonder if it will ever cover with how thin my donor area is.

Yea I question it 2 but honestly I know most of it has to do with shock loss in the beginning and around 4-6 months it starts becoming very much concealed if your scar  obviously doesn’t stretch.

7 hours ago, Guy73 said:

I don’t know too many people ever happy with that scar unless the grow their hair longer. That’s why I went with FUE

theirs a lot of people happy with their scars given if it’s not crazy stretched. Here’s one ⬇️. I think it’s about even people not happy with their scars and people with over harvested donors. Over harvested donors is taking over tho in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, RecessionProof said:

In my case the FUT scar became way less visible as the first 6 months passed, took longer than expected but very relieved/happy with mine. My scar looked pretty similar to the pic posted initially.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 10:03 PM, Tbcruz said:

theirs a lot of people happy with their scars given if it’s not crazy stretched. Here’s one ⬇️. I think it’s about even people not happy with their scars and people with over harvested donors. Over harvested donors is taking over tho in my opinion. 

I agree man, theres so many over harvested FUE cases. Heres an example of why im 100% going with FUT.. as of two weeks ago, you would think i only needed my frontal hairline and slightly thicken the mid scalp, mayne 2000 grafts. I just recently cut my hair down to a  #4 up top and a 2 on the sides (way shorter then i usually do) And now that its shorter ive noticed my entire top appears to be thinning now and even my crown seems like it could "dip" in the future. It looks lighter at the bottom part of the crown. mind you, im sure cutting it that low exaggerates the thinning a little..but i think This is an indicator of an advanced pattern. Imagine i didnt cut my hair short and went with FUE?? They would of harvested all in the area that looks like it could eventually fall out in the future. My advice to everyone is to cut your hair and really see whats going on underneath all that length. lol

22 hours ago, James C said:

I agree man, theres so many over harvested FUE cases. Heres an example of why im 100% going with FUT.. as of two weeks ago, you would think i only needed my frontal hairline and slightly thicken the mid scalp, mayne 2000 grafts. I just recently cut my hair down to a  #4 up top and a 2 on the sides (way shorter then i usually do) And now that its shorter ive noticed my entire top appears to be thinning now and even my crown seems like it could "dip" in the future. It looks lighter at the bottom part of the crown. mind you, im sure cutting it that low exaggerates the thinning a little..but i think This is an indicator of an advanced pattern. Imagine i didnt cut my hair short and went with FUE?? They would of harvested all in the area that looks like it could eventually fall out in the future. My advice to everyone is to cut your hair and really see whats going on underneath all that length. lol

Yea I feel like a lot of people are getting sucked into the “if It doesn’t work I’ll just shave my head” idea like I was thinking. But people should be thinking more like ... “if I’m going to get a hair transplant let me increase my chances of getting the best possible outcome” even if You have to pay more by going to a top doctor or going fut because the stats are higher for survival rates, etc.

Also, you just brought up a scenario which makes going fut even more of a no brainer for guys who have high norwoods in their future.. more grafts available.

The fue Route is a good “risk to benefit” gamble for lower norwoods in my opinion. For higher norwoods I think the smartest and safest bet is fut.

This is my opinion. 

• Like 2