Longevita, Yasemin Turgut failed hair transplant

After commenting on a different thread i decided to start my own. Longevita requested i start my own thread so it was an open discussion.

I used longevita who are a uk based company who provide medical services abroad. I had an fue procedure in Istanbul in Jan 2018 with the surgeon Yasemin Turgut (a trichologist) at the esthetica clinic. She did the extractions and opened up the recipient sites. The results are terrible and I've had concerns since a couple of weeks after my surgery.

I had 2600 grafts in total, 2100 into the hairline and 500 into the crown. The crown grafts were probably not needed but she said i could do with some there.

The hair line is low, she suggested this was an age appropriate one and i stupidly went with her opinion (yes thats my issue but i trusted the judgement of an apparent industry proffessional with supposedly 15 years experience)
I have many multi hair grafts in the very front of my hairline, poor density and abnormal looking growth angles. I even have a multi graft in the very front growing out of a hole due to being implanted at the incorrect depth. Many grafts were placed into recipient sites that were too small by the technicians (who i was assured were very experienced) and now consequently have a compressed pluggy look to them. I also appear to have scarring in the recipient from the poor work as the skin texture looks strange. I have no idea if the crown grafts have grown or not.

The extractions were not performed in a way that the donor has been thinned equally throughout which makes it look even worse when cut short.

Once i arrived in istanbul they changed my surgery time from 09:00 to 15:00 which i found strange but had already landed so had no choice. They must have taken a last minute booking for another patient and moved my procedure. This meant i didnt leave the clinic until gone 22:00. I believe it was a rush job which hasn't helped with my outcome.

During the procedure they must have administered too much anaesthetic making me shake and my forehead kept tensing making the grafts harder to implant.
I explained it must be the adrenaline in the anaesthetic so dont give me more, they thought i was cold gave me a blanket and administered more anaesthetic which made the situation worse again. They also thought my blood sugar was low and gave me sugar cubes and a drip for hydration.

The techs doing the implanting were obviously of different experience. One side of my hairline is much better than the other even though still awful. There is density but still strange angles and large grafts at the very front. Literally anything that equates to a poor result is wrong with mine.

The techs were all laughing and joking which made me feel uneasy, i have no problem with having fun at work but not on in the middle of surgery. At one point one of them was sitting on the floor with her head on her knees, obviously exhausted if they had been there since early morning. I believe i had 4 techs in total but cant remember as i was a bit disorientated.

Throughout the healing i was constantly told wait until 3 months, wait until 6 months, then 12 for my donor area. It never greatly improved and cant be shaved below a #3 without looking thin and patchy.

The hairline is awful. Some of the hair is like plastic and growing really kinked even at 16 months post surgery. The hair doesnt look or feel like my natural hair and i have some permanent numbness in the recipient area.

I know these are all risks of a hair transplant but i believe most are avoidable in the right hands when carried out correctly. I beleive the majority of my issues are due to surgical error and mis-handling of grafts rather than healing characteristics.

I have been quoted anywhere from 1000 to 2000 grafts to repair my hairline and give it a more natural look. Thats providing my donor isn't too damaged.

This leaves me little options for future hairloss as i will have used potentially 4100 grafts in the hairline alone. Due to my poor donor management if i get 2000 more grafts that will potentially be it for available grafts.

They have offered me a corrective procedure with the same surgeon, then also with another who is actually a Dr but i have never heard of.

The T&C's state that longevita are not responsible for poor results as they are basically an agent and not medical professionals. They have already admitted on another thread to directly employ the surgeons but not manage the facilities, this makes them fully accountable in my opinion.

I was in 2 minds whether to make this post or not. There must be a lot more people than me with terrible results from this company but are too embarrassed to share the results. Longevita then get away with saying its a made up account from one of their competitors.

I have been in contact with some excellent surgeons looking to get repaired, one of them has knocked me back saying my donor is insufficient. I hope its due to him not wanting the case rather than being ruined already.

I believe Longevita should pay for my repair through another Dr or refund me so i can pay that towards my repair. I dread to think how many of the grafts they implanted have been wasted.

I would be foolish to accept a repair from this company after the mental anguish and stress theyve put me through.

Im so angry with this company for doing this to me, its really shook my confidence and wellbeing. Im also angry with myself for using them, i used them due to being on a budget and seeing some good results. It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

Hopefully this post will educate others before jumping into a surgery with this company and regretting it every day as i do now.

I can provide pictures for anyone who wishes to see the results but im not willing to post them at the minute.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bismarck,

Thankyou for taking the time to reply. Im not willing to upload numerous pictures at the moment. 

I dont take any medication. 

The issue is the lack of care taken by the clinic. I have some crazy angled grafts and large pluggy multiple hair grafts in the very front row. The arrangement of the follicles is very unnatural looking and my donor compromised. 

First, trichologist.  Do you realize that is not a medical doctor? Why on earth would you agree to have a procedure done by anyone other than a physician?

You do not take medications to help you with retention.  Why would you have grafts put in the crown? Let me give you an example of why this is NOT ethical, in my opinion.  When you interact with others, the first thing they see is the front.  And, considering that thee donor is finite, typically there is not enough there to allow for a full set of hair when we are talking about an advanced pattern.  Did she ever tell you what classification you are on the Norwood chart? So, you on on and waste 500 grafts which is about what is needed for an eyebrow. She places this is a form of a circle and puts the grafts as close as she can to each other so they make an impact, (if diffusely placed they'll make no impact at all-considering how large that area might be). So now you have a circle with a hair.  You continue thinning and now you've created an island of hair and nothing around it. Almost like a target. You are now forced to chase the pattern and put even more grafts into the area.  At the end of the day, when looking in the mirror, you can't see them! What a waste.

Before the procedure, did she draw the hairline in for you? If you were not happy with it, why did you allow her to continue? 

Numbness in the area happens. Most believe this is due to the doctor going a bit deep and cutting nerve endings.  These typically will reunite in 9-12 months so this is only a temporary issue.

You talk about mishandling of grafts as well as placing grafts in either too large an aperture or a very small one.  How do you know? Did you see it? Did someone tell you? Are you just guessing or assuming?

It is impossible to tell what grafts you have. Will you do FUT, FUE? What elasticity do you have? These are just some factors to take into account when the time comes.  

If they are offering a corrective procedure then, it seems, they are in agreement that something went wrong with the first one.  Not sure what you can do with this admission, but perhaps others in the forum can voice their opinion.

Most patients move forward for a number of reasons including the price. I am guessing you got a great deal. And now you have to live with this stuff the rest of your life.  Perhaps not a good deal at all.

I would encourage you research and view photos of repair work and hair transplanting overall.  Have a few consultations and see what they recommend and the price.  Perhaps they can even give you a written quote after you explain your dilemma. You can present this to the people that did the work and have them pay for the repair work, if that's what they agree to.  Good luck, you do have a lot of leg work to do. And, by the way, be courteous and professional.  Getting upset an screaming....etc will get you nowhere.

@LaserCap,

Sadly i didnt have the knowledge that i do now prior to my procedure. I just assumed that i was in safe hands and stupidly put total trust in the clinic. I had no idea that a person who wasn't a Dr could be carrying out a surgery. It was only once i found the forums after the procedure i started to ask the questions. I have had consultations since which is how i know of some of the issues. 

With regards to NW scale there was no mention apart from i may need another procedure in later life to tackle further progression. 

The hairline, again due to my naivety i just went with the surgeon's suggestion of what she said was age appropriate. The crown was a suggestion of the surgeon also as i wasn't even aware of any thinning there.

I need to take some responsibility due to not having knowledge but i was never informed that my surgery would be carried out by none medical proffessionals. I would have cancelled as soon as i was informed if this was the case.

Surely they have a responsibility to inform people of this? 

Its no different to buying a car thats faulty then afterwards the seller saying "you didnt ask so i didn't tell you" 

I know now that in turkey they get around the issue of a Dr by having one check in on the procedure throughout the day. I didnt see any different people to the ones who carried out my procedure, none of which was a Dr as far as im aware since investigating afterwards.

Companies like this have a responsibility to inform people of the facts first in my opinion. Lots of marketing on the website and facebook leads you to believe they are one of the best but it couldn't be further from the truth.

3 hours ago, Hairsonality said:

@LaserCap,

Sadly i didnt have the knowledge that i do now prior to my procedure. I just assumed that i was in safe hands and stupidly put total trust in the clinic. I had no idea that a person who wasn't a Dr could be carrying out a surgery. It was only once i found the forums after the procedure i started to ask the questions. I have had consultations since which is how i know of some of the issues. 

With regards to NW scale there was no mention apart from i may need another procedure in later life to tackle further progression. 

The hairline, again due to my naivety i just went with the surgeon's suggestion of what she said was age appropriate. The crown was a suggestion of the surgeon also as i wasn't even aware of any thinning there.

I need to take some responsibility due to not having knowledge but i was never informed that my surgery would be carried out by none medical proffessionals. I would have cancelled as soon as i was informed if this was the case.

Surely they have a responsibility to inform people of this? 

Its no different to buying a car thats faulty then afterwards the seller saying "you didnt ask so i didn't tell you" 

I know now that in turkey they get around the issue of a Dr by having one check in on the procedure throughout the day. I didnt see any different people to the ones who carried out my procedure, none of which was a Dr as far as im aware since investigating afterwards.

Companies like this have a responsibility to inform people of the facts first in my opinion. Lots of marketing on the website and facebook leads you to believe they are one of the best but it couldn't be further from the truth.

The sad thing is the fact that there is no regulatory agency overseeing this industry.  ASHRAE and other societies, for lack of a better description, do help educate.  Forums such as this one also help the public be more aware.  But, at the end of the day, it is also the responsibility of the patient to do the research.  We all make choices based on the information we gather, this is no different.  But, the question then is, who do you trust?

The sad thing about this world is the fact that when something good happens, you rarely hear about it.  If it's bad, watch out.  Can you believe that many still believe that transplants involve plugs?  How about MPRs?

And, if these are all issues happening in the US, imagine worldwide.  It's like playing cowboys and indians.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I recently had a 4000 FUE procedure from Longevita at the Estetica Levant clinic in Istanbul and it was a total nightmare. DO  NOT USE THESE PEOPLE just forget it and erase the idea from your mind, their marketing is slick and the reps will pester you on whatssapp and text and email for months.

I similarly was mainly hadled or manhandled by the two technicians who were joking and chatting and even leaning very heavily on me at some stages. The IV feed in my arm was bent and bruised and the needles they used for saline injection kept popping off the syringe. I even passed out from the anestehtic and had to be revived.

The translator kept coming in  and out making morbid jokes like `im your only friend here` and `are you dead yet` . They totally wrecked the rear of my head just over harvested it and its so patchy now its embarrasing to be seen in public. I dont expect the follicles to grow or stay as they seemed to just cut the hair off from the root each time, as I heard a snip and implant the cut hair into the slits.

Most woryingly I have been having dizziness and tingles in my spine and limbs along with aches. My doctor says there are signs of hydrocephalus or water on the brain and I have to have an MRI and CT scan. The surgeon Yasmine Turgut took some pleasure in boring into the back of my head and inserting something twice into the bores, i heard it pushing in. The translator said ` we are going to close your channels now`.  I`m worried that they have restricted the flow of CSF Cerebral Spinal Fluid between my skull and spine.

The surgeon also used a small drill later on to make small holes in my scalp unrelated to the procedure or extractions that do not seem to be healing or closing up. They said in the post op consultation to never take a bath or swim or water will enter my skull.

Basically they have a two tier service - the cheap option is at Estethica clinic and is a mightmare of extractions and bogus implants that will all fall out. I`m not sure what the results of the more expensive FUE is.

Again save your sanity, health and social lives - do not use Longevita - do not get hair transplants people treat you as a pariah - just enjoy life and be natural.

Edited by Harj

On 7/18/2019 at 12:22 PM, Hairsonality said:

On 10/9/2019 at 6:54 PM, Harj said:

Hi I recently had a 4000 FUE procedure from Longevita at the Estetica Levant clinic in Istanbul and it was a total nightmare. DO  NOT USE THESE PEOPLE just forget it and erase the idea from your mind, their marketing is slick and the reps will pester you on whatssapp and text and email for months.

I similarly was mainly hadled or manhandled by the two technicians who were joking and chatting and even leaning very heavily on me at some stages. The IV feed in my arm was bent and bruised and the needles they used for saline injection kept popping off the syringe. I even passed out from the anestehtic and had to be revived.

The translator kept coming in  and out making morbid jokes like `im your only friend here` and `are you dead yet` . They totally wrecked the rear of my head just over harvested it and its so patchy now its embarrasing to be seen in public. I dont expect the follicles to grow or stay as they seemed to just cut the hair off from the root each time, as I heard a snip and implant the cut hair into the slits.

Most woryingly I have been having dizziness and tingles in my spine and limbs along with aches. My doctor says there are signs of hydrocephalus or water on the brain and I have to have an MRI and CT scan. The surgeon Yasmine Turgut took some pleasure in boring into the back of my head and inserting something twice into the bores, i heard it pushing in. The translator said ` we are going to close your channels now`.  I`m worried that they have restricted the flow of CSF Cerebral Spinal Fluid between my skull and spine.

The surgeon also used a small drill later on to make small holes in my scalp unrelated to the procedure or extractions that do not seem to be healing or closing up. They said in the post op consultation to never take a bath or swim or water will enter my skull.

Basically they have a two tier service - the cheap option is at Estethica clinic and is a mightmare of extractions and bogus implants that will all fall out. I`m not sure what the results of the more expensive FUE is.

Again save your sanity, health and social lives - do not use Longevita - do not get hair transplants people treat you as a pariah - just enjoy life and be natural.

What kind of house of horrors is this place? Why did they use a drill to make holes in your scalp that are unrelated  to your surgery?  I'm really sorry to hear about your result, and sincerely hope there is no hydrocephalus, you have to DOCUMENT everything, get clear pictures, doctor statements, etc., you can sue this clinic but I don't know if this is viable in Turkey or not, and if you have a chance to recoup damages. I think it is a shame this forum does not have a STICKY to warn prospective clients to STAY AWAY from horror shows like this clinic. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

This post was reported, but sorry we don’t delete posts.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine done a few years back and honestly it was a surreal experience. The results are not good and the front looks almost fake, during the surgery there was a leak and water all over the floor. The technicians were fasting due to Eid, immediately after I told them there was a visible patch not covered, they told me to wait and see - personally I think it was laziness from them. I did however give them the benefit of the doubt and a chance to rectify it at their cost. It has been almost 3 years now and I am close to booking it in. my original person Hande was helpful - the new person taking the case file less so. It is obvious that the fault was on them and the deal made was a total repair and costs covered. Today I received an email that felt more like a kick in the teeth with terrible terms. I will be following up and keep you all updated, I think the after service should be also key to this and hopefully if this get rectified it will give you all peace of mind - which means that dreadful what if feeling and would they fix it...

Happy to share images 

If they did a poor job the first time, why trust them again to repair it to your satisfaction? It’s time to cut your losses. Don’t throw good money after bad. You have a finite amount of resources to harvest and you are squandering those visiting this clinic.

Its a valid point my man, I know since the person in question is no longer there also lets see what they come back with and how important they see it as being in repairing the issue and confidence in their potential customers. But fully understand the opportunity cost of the resources.  Will keep you all in the loop with what happens.

• Moderators
On 11/21/2019 at 3:36 PM, bham said:

Its a valid point my man, I know since the person in question is no longer there also lets see what they come back with and how important they see it as being in repairing the issue and confidence in their potential customers.

Why take the chance? If they didn't care what they did to you when you were paying then they most likely won't care when they are doing it for free. If the person who did the surgery the first time isn't there any longer then you are hoping someone who didn't cause the problem will correct it without any compensation.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 12/10/2019 at 9:28 PM, Hairsonality said:

Ive also been threatened by them to remove posts. Disgraceful  company. Anyone who uses this company are taking a huge gamble.

Hairsonality , Harj . Your stories are really shocking , and I read them with a heavy heart. Reason being I too was operated on by Yasemine turgut and her assistants. 

I had confidence in longevita through their marketing and they offered a reasonable price , however I didnt do enough research into the procedure and went into it head first (as can be expected of a 25 y.o young man)

I had 3800 grafts for my hairline , frontal density and crown density. I was a norwood 3/4.

Yasemine herself did my hairline  , which is 6/10 , natural look however the join at the temples is sloppy and her implanting wasnt great which lead to a phe nomenon known as cobblestoning. The density was also not great , was still thin in the corners post op.

The assistants (x3) seemed like sweet elder women , but there was definitley an unprofessional environment (singing/laughing/chatting) considering the meticulous demand of removing and inserting sub 1mm hair follicles into someones head. 

The extraction of my donor area was nothing short of terrible , way too overharvested on my sides and i now cannot cut my hair lower than a level 3. 

Also the implanting done by the assistants was equally bad , the direction of the hair stands up which looks odd.

This was done in 2019 , I was since offered a £500 fixing procedure from longevita which I turned down as there was no way i'd let a surgeon of theres touch my head.

I have since had corrective surgery in the UK and they managed to improve my frontal area by making it more uniform , this was done with 500 grafts. I have also had to do laser resurfacing treatment for cobblestoning . and finally ive done SMP to try and mask the scarring in the donor area. In total costing 5.5k. , nearly 3 times the price of the actual transplant just so I could fix it.

Yasemine is what you can expect on a low budget , but the technical skill of the assistants is way below acceptable. Having spent a bit more getting it done in london , I now know what a correct execution of this procedure looks like with high level surgeons. There were no assistants , only one to count the hair follicles. all extraction/implanting was done by the surgeon himself , it was like watching a craftsman at work as opposed to turkey which seemed more like watching a soap opera.

I feel strongly about making this public , so that more people don't have to suffer.

This is surgery that requires skill and time. when you go low budget you compromise both.

Hope you guys are doing better - especially you harj!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 11:03 PM, LaserCap said:

First, trichologist.  Do you realize that is not a medical doctor? Why on earth would you agree to have a procedure done by anyone other than a physician?

You do not take medications to help you with retention.  Why would you have grafts put in the crown? Let me give you an example of why this is NOT ethical, in my opinion.  When you interact with others, the first thing they see is the front.  And, considering that thee donor is finite, typically there is not enough there to allow for a full set of hair when we are talking about an advanced pattern.  Did she ever tell you what classification you are on the Norwood chart? So, you on on and waste 500 grafts which is about what is needed for an eyebrow. She places this is a form of a circle and puts the grafts as close as she can to each other so they make an impact, (if diffusely placed they'll make no impact at all-considering how large that area might be). So now you have a circle with a hair.  You continue thinning and now you've created an island of hair and nothing around it. Almost like a target. You are now forced to chase the pattern and put even more grafts into the area.  At the end of the day, when looking in the mirror, you can't see them! What a waste.

Before the procedure, did she draw the hairline in for you? If you were not happy with it, why did you allow her to continue? 

Numbness in the area happens. Most believe this is due to the doctor going a bit deep and cutting nerve endings.  These typically will reunite in 9-12 months so this is only a temporary issue.

You talk about mishandling of grafts as well as placing grafts in either too large an aperture or a very small one.  How do you know? Did you see it? Did someone tell you? Are you just guessing or assuming?

It is impossible to tell what grafts you have. Will you do FUT, FUE? What elasticity do you have? These are just some factors to take into account when the time comes.  

If they are offering a corrective procedure then, it seems, they are in agreement that something went wrong with the first one.  Not sure what you can do with this admission, but perhaps others in the forum can voice their opinion.

Most patients move forward for a number of reasons including the price. I am guessing you got a great deal. And now you have to live with this stuff the rest of your life.  Perhaps not a good deal at all.

I would encourage you research and view photos of repair work and hair transplanting overall.  Have a few consultations and see what they recommend and the price.  Perhaps they can even give you a written quote after you explain your dilemma. You can present this to the people that did the work and have them pay for the repair work, if that's what they agree to.  Good luck, you do have a lot of leg work to do. And, by the way, be courteous and professional.  Getting upset an screaming....etc will get you nowhere.

@LaserCap it is very unfair for you to make comments about the ethics or professionalism of a clinic, a medical team or the success rate of a medical procedure without verifying the facts related to that particular case. 

On 7/18/2019 at 6:22 PM, Hairsonality said:

@Hairsonality the hair transplants offered through Longevita are under lifetime warranty. Please contact our dedicated aftercare team via email aftercare@longevita.co.uk and submit your most recent pictures so that the medical team can provide you with a medical assessment. If your results are less than satisfactory, we will certainly offer you a free of charge revision surgery or a partial refund.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:28 PM, Hairsonality said:

Ive also been threatened by them to remove posts. Disgraceful  company. Anyone who uses this company are taking a huge gamble.

We embrace freedom of speech and are open to feedback whether it is positive or not. However if your comments damage our reputation without any genuine evidence then they could be classified under Defamation Act 2013. Please note that success of any cosmetic surgery (including hair transplants) is a shared responsibility between the patient and the medical team because patients are required to strictly follow post operative guidance given by their physicians. 

On 7/6/2019 at 2:45 PM, LaserCap said:

The sad thing is the fact that there is no regulatory agency overseeing this industry.  ASHRAE and other societies, for lack of a better description, do help educate.  Forums such as this one also help the public be more aware.  But, at the end of the day, it is also the responsibility of the patient to do the research.  We all make choices based on the information we gather, this is no different.  But, the question then is, who do you trust?

The sad thing about this world is the fact that when something good happens, you rarely hear about it.  If it's bad, watch out.  Can you believe that many still believe that transplants involve plugs?  How about MPRs?

And, if these are all issues happening in the US, imagine worldwide.  It's like playing cowboys and indians.  

You are incorrect by stating that there is no regulation in this industry. Ministry of Health regulates healthcare in Turkey. There is strict criteria and certification of the parties involved in medical travel to Turkey.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:54 AM, Harj said:

Dear @Harj it seems that neither you nor the medical professional you are referring to on your post have any accurate knowledge of skin and skull anatomy. Please search for a diagram of human skin and its layers involved in hair transplant which demonstrates clearly that hair transplant has no link to brain, spine or nervous system. Hair transplant is performed on the skin wheres brain and spine are under the bone structure protected by the skull. The conditions you outlined above are not among the complications that hair transplants can possibly cause according to medical literature.

On 3/28/2023 at 4:02 AM, Abelks said:

Hairsonality , Harj . Your stories are really shocking , and I read them with a heavy heart. Reason being I too was operated on by Yasemine turgut and her assistants. 

I had confidence in longevita through their marketing and they offered a reasonable price , however I didnt do enough research into the procedure and went into it head first (as can be expected of a 25 y.o young man)

I had 3800 grafts for my hairline , frontal density and crown density. I was a norwood 3/4.

Yasemine herself did my hairline  , which is 6/10 , natural look however the join at the temples is sloppy and her implanting wasnt great which lead to a phe nomenon known as cobblestoning. The density was also not great , was still thin in the corners post op.

The assistants (x3) seemed like sweet elder women , but there was definitley an unprofessional environment (singing/laughing/chatting) considering the meticulous demand of removing and inserting sub 1mm hair follicles into someones head. 

The extraction of my donor area was nothing short of terrible , way too overharvested on my sides and i now cannot cut my hair lower than a level 3. 

Also the implanting done by the assistants was equally bad , the direction of the hair stands up which looks odd.

This was done in 2019 , I was since offered a £500 fixing procedure from longevita which I turned down as there was no way i'd let a surgeon of theres touch my head.

I have since had corrective surgery in the UK and they managed to improve my frontal area by making it more uniform , this was done with 500 grafts. I have also had to do laser resurfacing treatment for cobblestoning . and finally ive done SMP to try and mask the scarring in the donor area. In total costing 5.5k. , nearly 3 times the price of the actual transplant just so I could fix it.

Yasemine is what you can expect on a low budget , but the technical skill of the assistants is way below acceptable. Having spent a bit more getting it done in london , I now know what a correct execution of this procedure looks like with high level surgeons. There were no assistants , only one to count the hair follicles. all extraction/implanting was done by the surgeon himself , it was like watching a craftsman at work as opposed to turkey which seemed more like watching a soap opera.

I feel strongly about making this public , so that more people don't have to suffer.

This is surgery that requires skill and time. when you go low budget you compromise both.

Hope you guys are doing better - especially you harj!

@Abelks the prices in Turkey have no relation to the quality of service, experience or expertise of medical professionals. The currency exchange rate, wages of medical staff, cost of real estate locally are among the many factors that impact the cost of hair transplants. Please visit our website for a detailed explanation of the reasons behind the low cost nature of hair transplant in Turkey. 

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

4 hours ago, Longevita said:

@Abelks the prices in Turkey have no relation to the quality of service, experience or expertise of medical professionals. The currency exchange rate, wages of medical staff, cost of real estate locally are among the many factors that impact the cost of hair transplants. Please visit our website for a detailed explanation of the reasons behind the low cost nature of hair transplant in Turkey. https://www.longevitahairtransplant.com/hair-transplant-cost/

Longevita team , I hold you highly into account for the errors in my surgery. You definitely capitalize on those who do not research into this surgery. Yes you have good communication , and try to accomodate , but that means nothing if your surgery team is low quality. This is not like a bad restaurant experience you can recover from , this is a lifelong scar. If what your saying is true , then why do reputable clinics in turkey charge more than youselves? let me tell you why , they give HT surgery more time and attention (attention that is mandatory in a transplant operation!) than a low budget transplant like the levent clinic. It's your right to offer a low budget procedure , but atleast be upfront with what we can expect. You have put a real bitter taste in my mouth with turkish healthcare , which is a shame because i know their are talented surgeons in turkey. You need to take responsibility and investigate into these matters , it's non acceptable to put your name behind such careless practioners who follow 0 standard procedures. 3 women singing and chatting while extracting 3800 follicles from the back of my head at the same time , with no consideration for uniformity - unnacceptable. 

• Like 3