Longevita, Yasemin Turgut failed hair transplant

On 4/11/2023 at 4:40 AM, New_Barnet_Please said:

@Longevita after you’ve given someone an appalling result who the hell would let your doctor near them again when they butchered them the first time? So your “lifetime guarantee” is worthless. 

Have you seen their results? Probably not. It is unfair to make such a comment without seeing the before and after pictures.

On 4/10/2023 at 10:58 PM, Rafael Manelli said:

@Longevitado you stand by @Hairsonality's result? Do you think the way your company treated him was skilful and ethical? Do you see the multi hair grafts in his hairline? 

He did not want to post his pictures therefore we cannot comment on any results. We are open to have an open dialogue if things did not turn out to be as planned. This is in the very nature of cosmetic surgery. None of our patients are alone, we support them until the end. It is just that we need them to follow the appropriate process in place by communicating with us first and giving us an opportunity to understand what the issue is so that we can take action. Comments on forums without an expert opinion is just not productive.

On 4/10/2023 at 9:04 PM, Abelks said:

Longevita team , I hold you highly into account for the errors in my surgery. You definitely capitalize on those who do not research into this surgery. Yes you have good communication , and try to accomodate , but that means nothing if your surgery team is low quality. This is not like a bad restaurant experience you can recover from , this is a lifelong scar. If what your saying is true , then why do reputable clinics in turkey charge more than youselves? let me tell you why , they give HT surgery more time and attention (attention that is mandatory in a transplant operation!) than a low budget transplant like the levent clinic. It's your right to offer a low budget procedure , but atleast be upfront with what we can expect. You have put a real bitter taste in my mouth with turkish healthcare , which is a shame because i know their are talented surgeons in turkey. You need to take responsibility and investigate into these matters , it's non acceptable to put your name behind such careless practioners who follow 0 standard procedures. 3 women singing and chatting while extracting 3800 follicles from the back of my head at the same time , with no consideration for uniformity - unnacceptable. 

The reason that we have lower prices than others are:

1) We are endorsed by the Turkish government and our rates are subsidised by them. 

2) We have the highest volume of referral patients thanks to our excellent results and this volume enables us to negotiate lower rates with all vendors including the medical practitioners, medical facilities, medical suppliers, hotels etc. 

On 4/12/2023 at 2:52 PM, Rafael Manelli said:

He posted this photo. What do you think of it? @Longevita

Longevita have said multiple times throughout this thread that they are willing to engage in open dialect. You've asked a genuine question of there opinion of the result in the picture, no reply given. They know its a poor result, its obvious even from that one picture.

Just now, Hairsonality said:

Longevita have said multiple times throughout this thread that they are willing to engage in open dialect. You've asked a genuine question of there opinion of the result in the picture, no reply given. They know its a poor result, its obvious even from that one picture.

Silence is deafening. 

On 4/10/2023 at 4:15 PM, Longevita said:

We embrace freedom of speech and are open to feedback whether it is positive or not. However if your comments damage our reputation without any genuine evidence then they could be classified under Defamation Act 2013. Please note that success of any cosmetic surgery (including hair transplants) is a shared responsibility between the patient and the medical team because patients are required to strictly follow post operative guidance given by their physicians. 

I completely agree that it's a joint responsibility. However, not following the aftercare instructions correctly would not overharvest a donor area or cause multiple hair grafts to grow at unnatural angles from the very front of a hairline. Only poor technique/ graft selection can do this. That is not uneducated guess work, it's factual.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hairsonality said:

I completely agree that it's a joint responsibility. However, not following the aftercare instructions correctly would not overharvest a donor area or cause multiple hair grafts to grow at unnatural angles from the very front of a hairline. Only poor technique/ graft selection can do this. That is not uneducated guess work, it's factual.

Since you are using a nickname on this forum, we are unable to identify you. Please contact our aftercare team by sending your most recent pictures from all angles of your scalp (front, sides, back and top) to aftercare@longevita.co.uk so that we can obtain a medical assessment from one of our expert surgeons and then assist you. If there is any remedial action required, we'd be happy to discuss. Please note your nickname on your email as well.

• Face Palm 1

• Administrators

@Hairsonality

I believe you could provide your date of surgery, which should help them identify you as a patient without revealing any personal information. 

I do agree, we need some more before and after pictures with multiple angles, and some evidence of your donor being overharvested. 

@Longevita

It appears as if this patient was already identified am I correct? I’ve asked him to provide more photos. We run an open and fair platform, you will be allowed to respond. 

But rather than ask a patient to take down a post for “lack of evidence” we should ask them to post the evidence. After all, don’t judge clinics by their success, judge them by their failures. You have an opportunity to stand by your patient and your work. That goes a long way. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/4/2023 at 3:50 PM, Et in Arcadia Ego said:

Hey @Abelks, I noticed you mentioned you chose laser resurfacing for your cobblestoning. How'd it turn out? 

Hi there mate , its been 2months so far and has 80% gone. will confirm once the 3month period is complete (thats the full recovery time for resurfacing)

16 minutes ago, determinedtowin said:

Hello everyone

I have lingered on this forum for a while but wanted to reply to this post.

It is refreshing to find a forum that lets people give their experience of Longevita without them having the power to remove it because they don't like something someone has posted

Here is my HONEST personal experience of Longevita.

Me and a friend booked with Longevita on a friends recommendation as his hair actually looked very good. I have to admit, I went into it blindly and chose the 'cheap option'

We booked our transplant before Covid and paid in full on the day of booking. It is no fault of the actual clinic but I must have received over 300 e-mails asking me to book the procedure. I had to pretty much beg them to stop as it was impossible to book through Covid and I explained that I had paid in full anyway so it made no difference when I booked it. They accepted this for a month or so but the e-mails soon started again. It became absolutely ridiculous.

On the day of our transplant we were greeted by a lovely rep and she talked us through everything and made us feel very comfortable. 

Unfortunately that's where the professionalism ended for us. Similar to the person above, the 2 'technicians' spent most of the procedure singing, laughing and generally pissing about. Now I've got no issue with people have a laugh and joke but you'd think they'd reign it in bit and concentrate on what they're doing a bit more.

When the procedure was finished, the 2 technicians in question raced out of the building and into the lift to go home like they'd just finished a shift at a supermarket. They didn't give me a headband or any aftercare documents, I had to go into the doctor and ask for these.

The most bizarre and very very annoying bit in between all of this was for 2 of the days, there was a Turkish woman in the clinic most of the time I was there, who spoke very good English. Her and one of the doctors were openly taking the piss out of me and other patients in the waiting room (I will explain further down how I knew this)so I asked another doctor who the woman was and why is she laughing at people. The said doctor claimed she was a patient and never met her before. This turned out to be a load of nonsense anyway as she went out with the doctors for lunch the day my procedure was finished and were clearly friends. What they also failed to realise is I was a holiday rep for 10 years in Marmaris and took lessons in Turkish so I knew most of what they were saying. Imagine the shock on their faces when they realised this as I repeated back to them what they said.

The result itself has been very poor. I have next to no coverage on the crown and my hair is still very thin. Now, I could put this down to the transplant not working specifically for me but my friends hair is exactly the same. We have both been given a very minimum coverage so we'll probably need to both have a 2nd transplant. So although Longevita may be cheap, it is false economy as they want you to go back. The hundreds of texts with offers are proof of this.

The thing that speaks volumes is that whenever I have tried to give a full and honest account on Trustpilot or Facebook etc Longevita do everything in their power to have it  instantly reported and taken down for any sort of negative comment. They simply do not let you have any sort of opinion. People should have the chance to read honest accounts. so they can make an informed decision.

This was my personal experience and is 100% truthful so any nonsense about deformation acts or anything else that Longevita try to post isn't applicable.

And no Longevita, I won't be revealing my identity so you can absolutely hound me to take this down as you seemingly do with other people

Please do your homework before booking your procedure! I wish I had

Annoyed to hear they got you also , I'd advise saving up and researching , can reccommend you the place I went to in London , or alternatively search online for a skilled surgeon. It will be a challenge to restore the mess they made, but someone good will sort you out i'm sure. The unskilled techs at longevita butcher the head and do not place the grafts well , when you experience a good surgeon , you'll see how well and carefully they extract & place grafts - they can do so much with so less. I hope it goes well for you!

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, determinedtowin said:

Hello everyone

I have lingered on this forum for a while but wanted to reply to this post.

It is refreshing to find a forum that lets people give their experience of Longevita without them having the power to remove it because they don't like something someone has posted

Here is my HONEST personal experience of Longevita.

Me and a friend booked with Longevita on a friends recommendation as his hair actually looked very good. I have to admit, I went into it blindly and chose the 'cheap option'

We booked our transplant before Covid and paid in full on the day of booking. It is no fault of the actual clinic but I must have received over 300 e-mails asking me to book the procedure. I had to pretty much beg them to stop as it was impossible to book through Covid and I explained that I had paid in full anyway so it made no difference when I booked it. They accepted this for a month or so but the e-mails soon started again. It became absolutely ridiculous.

On the day of our transplant we were greeted by a lovely rep and she talked us through everything and made us feel very comfortable. 

Unfortunately that's where the professionalism ended for us. Similar to the person above, the 2 'technicians' spent most of the procedure singing, laughing and generally pissing about. Now I've got no issue with people have a laugh and joke but you'd think they'd reign it in bit and concentrate on what they're doing a bit more.

When the procedure was finished, the 2 technicians in question raced out of the building and into the lift to go home like they'd just finished a shift at a supermarket. They didn't give me a headband or any aftercare documents, I had to go into the doctor and ask for these.

The most bizarre and very very annoying bit in between all of this was for 2 of the days, there was a Turkish woman in the clinic most of the time I was there, who spoke very good English. Her and one of the doctors were openly taking the piss out of me and other patients in the waiting room (I will explain further down how I knew this)so I asked another doctor who the woman was and why is she laughing at people. The said doctor claimed she was a patient and never met her before. This turned out to be a load of nonsense anyway as she went out with the doctors for lunch the day my procedure was finished and were clearly friends. What they also failed to realise is I was a holiday rep for 10 years in Marmaris and took lessons in Turkish so I knew most of what they were saying. Imagine the shock on their faces when they realised this as I repeated back to them what they said.

The result itself has been very poor. I have next to no coverage on the crown and my hair is still very thin. Now, I could put this down to the transplant not working specifically for me but my friends hair is exactly the same. We have both been given a very minimum coverage so we'll probably need to both have a 2nd transplant. So although Longevita may be cheap, it is false economy as they want you to go back. The hundreds of texts with offers are proof of this.

The thing that speaks volumes is that whenever I have tried to give a full and honest account on Trustpilot or Facebook etc Longevita do everything in their power to have it  instantly reported and taken down for any sort of negative comment. They simply do not let you have any sort of opinion. People should have the chance to read honest accounts. so they can make an informed decision.

This was my personal experience and is 100% truthful so any nonsense about deformation acts or anything else that Longevita try to post isn't applicable.

And no Longevita, I won't be revealing my identity so you can absolutely hound me to take this down as you seemingly do with other people

Please do your homework before booking your procedure! I wish I had

Can you share pictures? Were a fair and balanced forum. While you’re free to share a review good or bad. We expect you to provide some photos, and allow the clinic to respond publicly about your case. Otherwise, it looks like a hit piece.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Can you share pictures? Were a fair and balanced forum. While you’re free to share a review good or bad. We expect you to provide some photos, and allow the clinic to respond publicly about your case. Otherwise, it looks like a hit piece.

Hi Melvin,

I would rather not post pictures as I really can't be bothered with being bombarded by them.

And Longevita have had ample opportuinty to reply to me over the months but are more interested in making sure posts are taken down. 

The transplant itself isn't even specifically the issue here either, it was my general experience that was the issue. It's not meant to be a hit piece at all as I have had a friend who found them very good and his hair looks very good as I stated at the top of the original post.

I understand if you need to take the post down but I do think people should be able to offer a fair and honest post. 

1 hour ago, determinedtowin said:

Hi Melvin,

I would rather not post pictures as I really can't be bothered with being bombarded by them.

And Longevita have had ample opportuinty to reply to me over the months but are more interested in making sure posts are taken down. 

The transplant itself isn't even specifically the issue here either, it was my general experience that was the issue. It's not meant to be a hit piece at all as I have had a friend who found them very good and his hair looks very good as I stated at the top of the original post.

I understand if you need to take the post down but I do think people should be able to offer a fair and honest post. 

We would be happy to help if you submit your most recent pictures to aftercare@longevita.co.uk for a medical assessment.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, determinedtowin said:

Hi Melvin,

Part of the fair and honest post is sharing the results. To play devils advocate, anyone can say anything about any surgeon without the burden of proof. I don’t see why there would be an issue sharing the before and after photos. Believe me, they have no power on this forum, we’re a fair and balanced forum. 

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Part of the fair and honest post is sharing the results. To play devils advocate, anyone can say anything about any surgeon without the burden of proof. I don’t see why there would be an issue sharing the before and after photos. Believe me, they have no power on this forum, we’re a fair and balanced forum. 

Hi Melvin,

The only reason I don't want to post these pictures is that they will trace it back to me (trust me, they will dig and dig until they find out it's me) and I will be bombarded again with 100s of e-mails and messages. My friend also has 'clumps' of hair and thin hair but he also doesn't want to be hounded unfortunatley.

Longevita, I have used the after care e-mail a few times but you just tell me to wait on every reply and try to sell me PRP but it has been 2.5 years now.

Obviously I respect the forum rules if this needs to be taken down but I think it would be a shame as my general experience and lack of professionalism worries can't be justified on pictures anyway

Thanks again

This whole thread is really odd. No one is willing to provide pictures, other than a single image of a small corner of a pluggy hairline (which the clinic won't even respond to). No pre-op, post-op, or updated pictures at all. I've never heard of Longevita before this thread, but if there's such a grudge, why will no one provide any evidence?

If my first HT next month goes haywire, you can count on me to document everything that goes wrong to paint a picture and actually receive help. Like, I don't understand how purely anecdotal evidence from a few accounts who have only bashed this company can be taken seriously.

And this is NOT an attack in any way, it's just a simple observance from a completely unbiased third party.

Edited by MAL87

While I have a severe distaste for hair mills, it's only right more photos are provided before we can really comment further. However, based on the one photo and the comments of the user, all seems like a familiar story to me, I don't see why the patient would lie.

Edited by RTC

On 7/5/2019 at 9:56 PM, Hairsonality said:

Hi Bismarck,

Thankyou for taking the time to reply. Im not willing to upload numerous pictures at the moment. 

I dont take any medication. 

The issue is the lack of care taken by the clinic. I have some crazy angled grafts and large pluggy multiple hair grafts in the very front row. The arrangement of the follicles is very unnatural looking and my donor compromised. 

Yeah same as mine. Typical unskilled college girl 'technician' job.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, determinedtowin said:

Hi Melvin,

The only reason I don't want to post these pictures is that they will trace it back to me (trust me, they will dig and dig until they find out it's me) and I will be bombarded again with 100s of e-mails and messages. My friend also has 'clumps' of hair and thin hair but he also doesn't want to be hounded unfortunatley.

Longevita, I have used the after care e-mail a few times but you just tell me to wait on every reply and try to sell me PRP but it has been 2.5 years now.

Obviously I respect the forum rules if this needs to be taken down but I think it would be a shame as my general experience and lack of professionalism worries can't be justified on pictures anyway

Thanks again

I’ve taken it down. We can’t have a post up without legitimate proof. Anyone can say anything online. It doesn’t make any sense to not share photo’s because they’ll email you. You can block sender, which will solve this issue. Even though we don’t recommend this clinic. I still have to grant them the same courtesy id grant other clinics. If you decide to change your mind, you can always share your honest review with pictures. 

• Like 1

View my thread

7 hours ago, Longevita said:

We never take full payments, we only take a deposit at the time of booking, therefore this person who is not willing to share any pictures is unlikely to be a genuine patient.

Hahahahahaha. Please stop with the "unlikely to be a genuine patient" line. It's really embarrassing for all involved, especially you.

You don't take full payments????? Nonsense

I tell you what I'll do so the forum know I'm not lying and I don't particularly like being called a liar when offering my account on something, I'll provide you and everyone else a copy of my original invoice where I paid THE FULL BALANCE. I suppose this is all made up too??? 

You just point blank refuse to accept any responsibility for any patient not being happy with your service. Screenshot2023-06-06at18_50_14.thumb.png.ec613fcd659feb13494f7a1f1338f0f2.png

15 minutes ago, determinedtowin said:

Hahahahahaha. Please stop with the "unlikely to be a genuine patient" line. It's really embarrassing for all involved, especially you.

You don't take full payments????? Nonsense

I tell you what I'll do so the forum know I'm not lying and I don't particularly like being called a liar when offering my account on something, I'll provide you and everyone else a copy of my original invoice where I paid THE FULL BALANCE. I suppose this is all made up too??? 

You just point blank refuse to accept any responsibility for any patient not being happy with your service. Screenshot2023-06-06at18_50_14.thumb.png.ec613fcd659feb13494f7a1f1338f0f2.png

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ve taken it down. We can’t have a post up without legitimate proof. Anyone can say anything online. It doesn’t make any sense to not share photo’s because they’ll email you. You can block sender, which will solve this issue. Even though we don’t recommend this clinic. I still have to grant them the same courtesy id grant other clinics. If you decide to change your mind, you can always share your honest review with pictures. 

I think your missing the point here , or you know very little about hair transplants. This is not an attack or defamation of an organisation. We are not here to post pictures and give a chance for longevita to respond , as I mentioned originally this is not a simple mistake that can be rectified. This is a butchered human head we are talking about. If Longevita cannot recognize the negligence then why will I waste even a minute dealing with them. 

How about they show and prove the measures they take to ensure a high quality treatment ? like an actual audit or a list of qualifications of their staff (including the technicians)?

You are doing the hair transplant community a grave disservice by muting the voices of reality in dealing with such a poor quality treatment. I have managed to save some money , do research and partially rectify the damage done , my donor zone however looks uneven and terrible when as low as a level 3.(purely because there were 3 technicians plucking my follicles completely out of sync) To those who dont have the financial means , your leaving them at the mercy of longevitas marketing team.

I'll be clear , I only have experience with the estethica levent clinic , with a surgery done by yasmine turgut and 3 technicians.

Yasmine is a 6/7 out of 10 surgeon. But she does 10/15% of the surgery. The remaining 85% was done by 3 women who were shocking in retrospect , somehow as a young 25 year old i thought ciggarette breaks and laughing/joking during surgery was just how things are done. If your ignorant and decide to go with them , please pay extra and force yasmine to do the whole thing. This is a personal regret I have.

Ive added photos showing overharvesting of the sides. Bare in mind I was between norwood 2 / 3 so my hairloss wasnt bad. they overharvested and didnt even plant them well

IMG_2158.thumb.jpeg.26de042049f9aa51415d28eaf2db0480.jpegIMG_2157.thumb.jpeg.1af034ceb62e08216c47949487e802f9.jpeg

• Like 2