DR. BISANGA : SCHEDULED FOR MAY 20TH TO RESTORE HAIRLINE AND TEMPORAL RECESSION. EST 2000-2500 GRAFTS

Hello everyone,

I have a HT scheduled on the 20th of this month with the one and only Dr. Bisanga in Brussels, Belgium. My case is very small and based on the information provided to me from Dr. Bisanga's rep i will be only needing around 2000-2500 grafts.

I choose Bisanga because of his outstanding reputation on this forum and his recognition around the Hair transplant surgeon community in general. I hope i made the right decision by picking Dr. Bisanga for this procedure.

I also looked into Dr. Lupanzula, Dr. Erdogan,  Dr. Keser,  Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Vogel. Dr. lorenzo and Dr. vogel advised me to take Finasteride for now and to postpone the hair transplant because i am too young. Dr. Lupanzula said 2000 grafts and i am  still waiting to hear back from Dr. Erdogan and Dr. keser

My goals for this procedure are to restore my frontal hairline and add some grafts to cover up my balding temporal area. 

I am 28 years old, currently not taking any medication but i have ordered my first batch of Finasteride just for trial purposes to see how my body reacts to it. 

I am adding a few pictures that i took today, hopefully i can get some encouraging and educational information from you guys. Let me know who is the best suitable surgeon for my scenario.

Thanks i will keep y'all posted

h3.jpg

h5.jpg

h7.jpg

h8.jpg

h9.jpg

h1.jpg

Edited by Hair2019

Frankly speaking, you should be on Finasteride for atleast one year before opting HT surgery! A combo of Finasteride and Minoxidil may do great wonder!

At present your hair loss is very minimal. A surgery may give you desired Hairline but it can be delayed now if you wish.

Anyways Dr.Basinga is very good doctor and you are definitely in  great hands!

Good luck with your procedure and do keep us photographically updated.

Cheers!

I agree that your hair loss is minimal and you are going into a HT at a young age, but I know you've made up your mind and I totally get it. Been there. I think Bisanga is excellent and I'm about to request for a online consultation. Are you planning on doing a FUT or FUE with Bisanga? Will you be traveling far for your HT with Bisanga? Best of luck man!

5 hours ago, hairlineman said:

I agree that your hair loss is minimal and you are going into a HT at a young age, but I know you've made up your mind and I totally get it. Been there. I think Bisanga is excellent and I'm about to request for a online consultation. Are you planning on doing a FUT or FUE with Bisanga? Will you be traveling far for your HT with Bisanga? Best of luck man!

I am going with FUE and I will be traveling from Washington DC to Brussels

On 5/12/2019 at 11:23 PM, Rawkerboi said:

Frankly speaking, you should be on Finasteride for atleast one year before opting HT surgery! A combo of Finasteride and Minoxidil may do great wonder!

At present your hair loss is very minimal. A surgery may give you desired Hairline but it can be delayed now if you wish.

Anyways Dr.Basinga is very good doctor and you are definitely in  great hands!

Good luck with your procedure and do keep us photographically updated.

Cheers!

Just got my KEEPS shipment for Finasteride. Three month supply for $30, $75 after that for every three months. Should I start using it right away before the HT? any suggestions on using minoxidil on my native hair right after the HT? or should I wait a few months before introducing any topical treatments 

@Hair2019

Congratulations on your choice of surgeon and scheduling your procedure. 

Keep us all well informed and updated.

Wishing you the best of luck!

• Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I would start right away. 

You have a lot of hair to lose and it looks like you could be miniaturized throughout 

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

@Hair2019

Thanks for the photos and brief update.

You look great for 2 days post op.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

1 hour ago, Curious said:

The doctor should have turned you down.  You're too young for a transplant with such minimal hair loss, especially when you haven't given finasteride a chance to work. 

The guy's 28. This isn't the time, nor is it the appropriate forum to define the appropriate age. You come off extremely elitist. Look how far his fresh recipient goes, he clearly addressed a real issue. You should know as well as anyone here that finasteride will not recover his lost hairline, a HT will. He said he's going on fin now. He did his research for a good, forum recommended doc. He's clearly mature enough.

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

43 minutes ago, Lennney said:

The guy's 28. This isn't the time, nor is it the appropriate forum to define the appropriate age. You come off extremely elitist. Look how far his fresh recipient goes, he clearly addressed a real issue. You should know as well as anyone here that finasteride will not recover his lost hairline, a HT will. He said he's going on fin now. He did his research for a good, forum recommended doc. He's clearly mature enough.

Great point, even great responders to fin virtually never grow their hair back in these regions, and often it will still recede to a point beyond the temples even on the drug. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:59 PM, Curious said:

The doctor should have turned you down.  You're too young for a transplant with such minimal hair loss, especially when you haven't given finasteride a chance to work. 

I know 28 seems very young but I have been thinking about this procedure for past 5 years and i just wanted to get it over with at this point. My Donor area is pretty good so if need be I can utilize it for future procedures. 

I started finesteride about a week ago and also got a 6 month supply of pill form of Minoxidil while I was in Brussels, it's still too early to speculate about any side effects.

20190526_063327.jpg

Day 7 Update:

swelling in the recipient area is completely gone and scabs are visible now. According to the instructions from Dr. Bisanga I can start using the mild shampoo starting tomorrow with gentle rubbing which will allow me to remove the scabs and the dead skin around the grafts.

Donor area looks magnificent and you can't even tell that I had over 2400 grafts removed. However I'm still experiencing sharp pinching pain from time to time in the donor area, In order to manage the pain I am currently taking Advil and tylenol. 

I'm very happy with the hairline and the graft coverage I got in my temporal regions. I just hope it is dense enough to blend in with the rest of the hair. I am a little nervous about the shedding phase, Is there anything I could do to minimize shedding? 925090307_Snapchat-1565567912.thumb.jpg.5598f7d21fc7c77bbe20abe856bcabdd.jpg1645336964_Snapchat-19585733222.thumb.jpg.af77119492ed05bef0f6a1008526c3db.jpg

Snapchat-1283745320.jpg

Edited by Hair2019

2 hours ago, Hair2019 said:

Day 7 Update:

swelling in the recipient area is completely gone and scabs are visible now. According to the instructions from Dr. Bisanga I can start using the mild shampoo starting tomorrow with gentle rubbing which will allow me to remove the scabs and the dead skin around the grafts.

Donor area looks magnificent and you can't even tell that I had over 2400 grafts removed. However I'm still experiencing sharp pinching pain from time to time in the donor area, In order to manage the pain I am currently taking Advil and tylenol. 

I'm very happy with the hairline and the graft coverage I got in my temporal regions. I just hope it is dense enough to blend in with the rest of the hair. I am a little nervous about the shedding phase, Is there anything I could do to minimize shedding? 925090307_Snapchat-1565567912.thumb.jpg.5598f7d21fc7c77bbe20abe856bcabdd.jpg1645336964_Snapchat-19585733222.thumb.jpg.af77119492ed05bef0f6a1008526c3db.jpg

Snapchat-1283745320.jpg

Looks really clean, mate. You chose an excellent surgeon.

Don't even think about the sides, seriously. It truly is such a small amount of people, and it's amazing what the mind can do. 

People have said they experienced the sides after taking the placebo in trials.

Best of luck :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Greg_Swanson said:

Looks really clean, mate. You chose an excellent surgeon.

Don't even think about the sides, seriously. It truly is such a small amount of people, and it's amazing what the mind can do. 

People have said they experienced the sides after taking the placebo in trials.

Best of luck :)

Completely agree with the side effects. If you begin to worry about it, you'll manifest your own side effects. 

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

On 5/28/2019 at 11:25 AM, Hair2019 said:

Day 7 Update:

Snapchat-1283745320.jpg

Work looks good and donor looks untouched. Any chance you can give an overview of you experience of the surgery day as I am currently thinking about booking with this clinic too and it would help.

Thanks

Your work looks very good, but the transplanted hairline looks very low, especially for someone having a transplant in their 20's.  How did you go about deciding where to place the hairline?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Curious said:

Your work looks very good, but the transplanted hairline looks very low, especially for someone having a transplant in their 20's.  How did you go about deciding where to place the hairline?

Hello Curious,

Thank you for the compliment. You've asked a very important question. I know i am a little young to be going through with this kind of a procedure. However after a careful review of all the available options including prp w/ Acell, propecia, minoxidil etc nothing was going to bring back my hair in the temporal region. It bothered me significantly because I couldn't keep my regular hairstyle. With that being said I am currently on 1mg finesteride and 1mg minoxidil tablet, no sides yet and I pray to God I don't get any down the road.

To answer your question, my hairline has been lowered by 1CM from its original mark. I decided to lower it just a little because it perfectly aligns with my temples and accents my facial structure. It may seems like I have lowered it by an inch or so but keep in my mind some of my native hair was shaven in the front prior to the procedure so not all of that hair is transplanted hair.

Now upon arriving at the clinic the doctor asked me about my goal and expectations. I clearly expressed my concerns to him. Mainly I wanted to fill up my temporal areas and keep somewhat of a medium tight hairline. I say medium tight because i am hoping to achieve a uniform hairline, which will help me with my hairstyles. I tend to keep short hair throughout the year i-e tight fades, military cuts etc and having the right hairline is vital for short hair styles.

Below is a picture of my hairline from last year just to give you an idea of my hairline prior to the procedure, you can't see the bald temporal in there because I am good at disguising it with my existing hair.

Screenshot_20190530-142720_Photos.thumb.jpg.8615b9e43acc78189260e4ce3660f044.jpg

Edited by Hair2019

Two weeks update: pictures are taken in normal light with the flash on. 

No more scabs nor irritation in recepient and donor area. This morning I lost a few hairs so it's safe to say that shedding phase is creeping up.1679867448_Snapchat-16133055962.thumb.jpg.23d198d55d1b0372237137e54eee737e.jpg

Snapchat-2105981499~2.jpg

Snapchat-693554614~2.jpg

On 5/29/2019 at 1:28 PM, Londoner7 said:

Work looks good and donor looks untouched. Any chance you can give an overview of you experience of the surgery day as I am currently thinking about booking with this clinic too and it would help.

Thanks

Surgery day was very straight forward and well explained. Upon arriving at the clinic at 0730, Dr. Bisanga himself opened the door for me and welcomed me to his clinic. While filling out some paperwork we both got to exchange a few words about our personal lives and came to find out that Dr. Bisanga used to live in DC metro area where I am currently residing. Dr. Bisanga was great, he made me feel very comfortable about the entire procedure, he asked me for my opinion on my hairline design and gave me a few pointers and his professional opinion.

He then carefully observed my donor area and prescribed 2500 grafts to fill up my temporal areas. I agreed to the first hairline design and then he took some pre-op pictures before we moved the party to the operating room upstairs. 

The first step of the procedure started with shaving the donor area followed by taking antibiotic tablets and one valium. He then injected me with anesthesia around the donor, for some reason I required a lot more anesthesia as I was coming out of it during the harvesting phase. I didn't experience any pain except the needle penetrating the skin. 

For the the rest of the procedure I was completely knocked out and the nurse had to wake me up for lunch. After eating lunch I went back to sleep and woke up to two technicians working on the recipient area, 30 mins later they were done and my donor was wrapped with bandages and I was on my way back to the hotel, which was around 1800 or 6pm