For those that suffered shock loss in your donor, did you fully recover?

Got a bald patch in my donor 3 weeks post op and my doctor said it’s shock loss and should recover in 3 months. I had fue. For those that had shock loss in your donor, did it fully grow back for you and how long did it take?

Yes, it recovered, I had it bad on one of my sides and was, in my mind, resigned to the fact it would never recover, It took 4 months but recovered entirely. Don't worry, 99% of the time, it will recover. 

15 hours ago, NWsteve said:

Got a bald patch in my donor 3 weeks post op and my doctor said it’s shock loss and should recover in 3 months. I had fue. For those that had shock loss in your donor, did it fully grow back for you and how long did it take?

That is true. Your donor should recover. Most people experience shock loss in the donor and sometimes in the recipient too. However, everything comes back. However, the duration for the recovery could be subjective. It, however, takes a couple of months.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

Yes it recovered.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've had it on a couple of occasions and it worried me a lot, but it recovered completely. Just takes a bit of time.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.