5 month result pics

bman3082

Does anyone here have any 5 month result pics where they looked really sparse at 5 months, but completely filled in at a year?

I am at 5 months after a ht with dr rahal and i still look like crap. Not sure if it is a failiure or not but I've been seeing some really good 5 month results lately and feel like mine is just so far off, it'll never happen. 

As for pics, would rather not show. Imagine very sparse, long hairs with obvious spaces. Had about 3000 grafts into the hairline so expecting a pretty nice increase. So far, really not looking good. Really need to see some results.

Thanks to everyone

• Administrators

Can you post some pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

is this just temple work? any way you can get a full, top down shot? can’t see much 

Complete hairline and temple, all is very sparse. 

Just wondering how much more can pop out after 5 months

25 minutes ago, literalno said:

Complete hairline and temple, all is very sparse. 

Just wondering how much more can pop out after 5 months

it looks decent for 5 months from at least what I've seen over my year on this forum. hang in there. not much you can do. why worry?

• Administrators

Nothing looks alarming. Although, it’s hard to judge without context. For example a pre-op and immediate post-op picture would give us an idea of the area that was transplanted and how it looked before. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

14 hours ago, literalno said:

Does anyone here have any 5 month result pics where they looked really sparse at 5 months, but completely filled in at a year?

I am at 5 months after a ht with dr rahal and i still look like crap. Not sure if it is a failiure or not but I've been seeing some really good 5 month results lately and feel like mine is just so far off, it'll never happen. 

As for pics, would rather not show. Imagine very sparse, long hairs with obvious spaces. Had about 3000 grafts into the hairline so expecting a pretty nice increase. So far, really not looking good. Really need to see some results.

Thanks to everyone

Here these are my 5 month pics against my 12 months pics. Month 7,8 and 9 were game changers for me. 

IMG_8342.PNG

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

First pic about 5 months post op the rest 3.5 years post op .  Had full maturity I would say about the 18 month mark ..I am 4 years post op and hair still looks great ..bear in mind my hair loss was pretty stable ..just had a few hairs left on top  so what I have now is pretty much transplanted hair ..

Check out my profile attachments have some pics taken with a DSLR camara as well ..

5  months is just the beginning for most people .

Just checked again the first pic is actually 4.5 months op the  the last 2 pics show the 3 months and 6 month point   

so actually considering I was a NW 5-6 I think these pics, although of course no where near the final result show a nice steady improvement and I never saw myself as being a slow grower ,I think the guys who look amazing at 5 months usually are the lower NW'S without crown loss ,I will also add my crown and mid-scalp took longer to grow in ,I will need more in the crown for total coverage  but just illustrates the hair  doesn't grow in a uniformed manner .

So last pic 6 months ,second last 3 ,months and the first 4.5 months ,and of course these are top down, face on I was delighted that a new hair-line was beginning to develop .

Just to round it off just took a quick pic now [last pic ] which is 4 years 4 days  post op ..Ok not high def but is how it would look in a pic with family friends etc ..looks better a bit shorter but its still going strong  ...

Screenshot_20190109-150946_Gallery.jpg

20190109_151056.jpg

20190109_151119.jpg

20180818_181123-1.jpg

Photo on 06-04-2015 at 12.01.jpg

Photo on 04-07-2015 at 09.00.jpg

20190110_100048.jpg

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mick50 said:

First pic about 5 months post op the rest 3.5 years post op .  Had full maturity I would say about the 18 month mark ..I am 4 years post op and hair still looks great ..bear in mind my hair loss was pretty stable ..just had a few hairs left on top  so what I have now is pretty much transplanted hair ..

Check out my profile attachments have some pics taken with a DSLR camara as well ..

5  months is just the beginning for most people .

Screenshot_20190109-150946_Gallery.jpg

20190109_151056.jpg

20190109_151119.jpg

20180818_181123-1.jpg

hey mick

there are no attachments or images in your profile link

32 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

hey mick

just click on my profile ,then attachments  should able to access photos 

if you click on my profile then click on  "see their activity" then click on  "topics" on the left hand side   then you will be able to click on my post  3.5 years post FUE ,pretty much shows pre -op to 3.5 years post op 

Edited by Mick50
  • Thanks 1

I would say reassess at around the 7 month market, typically at that point the vast majority has sprouted in 99% of cases and is at a reasonable length. Beyond that I'm very sceptical of drastic improvements but 5 months is still in the middle of the most productive period for the average person. Preop pics would certainly help. 

13 hours ago, DEB1982 said:

Here these are my 5 month pics against my 12 months pics. Month 7,8 and 9 were game changers for me. 

IMG_8342.PNG

Wow ur 5 month photos still look pretty good, but huge difference between those and ur 12 month. Thank u so much for the pictures! And by 7,8 and 9 being game changers, do u mean that u got more sprouts around that time or just thickening of the hair shaft. Really appreciate everything!

3 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

I would say reassess at around the 7 month market, typically at that point the vast majority has sprouted in 99% of cases and is at a reasonable length. Beyond that I'm very sceptical of drastic improvements but 5 months is still in the middle of the most productive period for the average person. Preop pics would certainly help. 

Hey jean. Thanks for the reply. I will certainly do that. Would u say u noticed a fair amount more hairs pop through after 5 months? Because some are just bare for me

4 hours ago, jj51702 said:

hey mick

Omg hey mick thank u so much for posting those. Honestly gives me so much hope i really can’t thank u enough. It’s so easy to see amazing 5 month results and think that if urs dont match, ur botched. Honestly completely night and day between 5 months and ur matured pics. When do u think ur noticed more sprouts until?

• Administrators

As Mick proved, growth rates vary from person to person. I would say 99% of guys would have been disappointed with his 5 month results. Then 100% of guys would be satisfied with 18 month results.

View my thread

3 hours ago, literalno said:

Hey jean. Thanks for the reply. I will certainly do that. Would u say u noticed a fair amount more hairs pop through after 5 months? Because some are just bare for me

I felt like most of my growth occurred between 4 and 6, peak change period being around 4.5-5.5. Which is fairly typical imo. Definitely including bare spots.

5 hours ago, literalno said:

Omg hey mick thank u so much for posting those. Honestly gives me so much hope i really can’t thank u enough. It’s so easy to see amazing 5 month results and think that if urs dont match, ur botched. Honestly completely night and day between 5 months and ur matured pics. When do u think ur noticed more sprouts until?

I can't be totally sure  up to what point new sprouts grew through ,but I've added a 6 month pic ,and if you look closely although the hairs are immature ,they're isn't actually any real gaps , just the front was growing more quickly and the mid-slap was lagging behind but the growth was there ,so possibly a few new sprouts  at 7 months but again everyone is different ,but there is good reason why 12 months in general is seen as the point where you know if it has been a success or not .

On 1/10/2019 at 3:23 AM, Mick50 said:

I can't be totally sure  up to what point new sprouts grew through ,but I've added a 6 month pic ,and if you look closely although the hairs are immature ,they're isn't actually any real gaps , just the front was growing more quickly and the mid-slap was lagging behind but the growth was there ,so possibly a few new sprouts  at 7 months but again everyone is different ,but there is good reason why 12 months in general is seen as the point where you know if it has been a success or not .

yeah yours does not look gappy at all. Not super thrilled with the process so far. Time will tell