OLD FART TRANSPLANT

I see most guys on here are fairly young compared to me at age 71.  I had my first FUT done in November 2011 - 2000 grafts, I was 64 and I had very good results, but knew I would eventually want more so Sep 10, 2018 I had 2300 FUE at age 71.  Depending on how this works out I may get another 2300 FUE for the crown area in a year or so.  The doctor says I have a great donor area.  My hair is mostly brown with graying on the sides.  I have done this as a retirement gift to myself since I retired in April, and I am planning a facelift in Costa Rica in January.  I am seeing a younger woman(not too young, but very hot) so that contributes to my desire to do these things.  Has anybody else ever started this late in life?  I am not looking for approval or disapproval of what I am doing, only wondering if anybody else has started this late.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Administrators

Voxman I believe is 68, had his HT’s in his 60’s. Truth is, we never stop caring about how we look, good for you. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Oh yeah...I was 64.  Had my 2nd at 66.  I had a Heart Attack at 65.  Off year, ya know.

There is no excuse needed for wanting to look better at any age.  I feel stronger, sing better, and have great plans for my 70's.  Guys who say they want to look good now and won't care when they hit 50 need to hit 50.  Then we'll talk!B|  

• Like 4

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

My take on this is ,if you are bothered enough in your 20's and 30's to seek hair restoration, bearing in mind ,plenty of guys OK they may not like going bald but they get over it, and get the girl, the career they want etc, you will be bothered about your hair in your 40's and 50's and beyond ,I had my transplant done at age 52, one of the best decisions of my life .

So true what's been said about still caring about how we look as we get older. I had my first ht at 28, and if I'd had my way I'd have used up most of my donor right then to have the hair of a 16 year old again. I remember telling Mick at Farjo that I wouldn't care how I looked at 40, just give me all my hair back now! Thank God I listened to him and formed a long-term plan, as now 20 years later my hair is age-appropriate and I still have grafts in the bank which I'm sure I'll use in the years to come.

Good on you Dazed. YOLO and all that:D

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I guess I was lucky in not noticing hair loos until I was in my 40s, but it really didn't bother me until I hit 60.  I figure I am only going around once.  I will let you all know how transplants work at my age in maybe 6 months.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Great question.  Been on this site for probably 10 years.  Always wanted to take the leap and have an HT but never did it.  Well, this year at the age of 60, had my first HT and am so glad I did.  Figured if not now then when ?  I'm planning on a second one next year sometime (after my initial HT has a year to mature) and can't wait to have it done.  I look far younger than my years and fully expect when it grows in I'll look even younger.  We never stop wanting to look our best.

On 9/26/2018 at 8:16 AM, Pete-from-Farjo said:

So true what's been said about still caring about how we look as we get older. I had my first ht at 28, and if I'd had my way I'd have used up most of my donor right then to have the hair of a 16 year old again. I remember telling Mick at Farjo that I wouldn't care how I looked at 40, just give me all my hair back now! Thank God I listened to him and formed a long-term plan, as now 20 years later my hair is age-appropriate and I still have grafts in the bank which I'm sure I'll use in the years to come.

Good on you Dazed. YOLO and all that:D

Hi Pete. So you had your transplant 20 years ago? Would be really interesting to see how it is holding up after that long a period of time. Hard to find long-term results as typically people post their 12 or 18 month pics and then move on from these forums.

On 9/26/2018 at 7:02 AM, Dazed said:

I see most guys on here are fairly young compared to me at age 71.  I had my first FUT done in November 2011 - 2000 grafts, I was 64 and I had very good results, but knew I would eventually want more so Sep 10, 2018 I had 2300 FUE at age 71.  Depending on how this works out I may get another 2300 FUE for the crown area in a year or so.  The doctor says I have a great donor area.  My hair is mostly brown with graying on the sides.  I have done this as a retirement gift to myself since I retired in April, and I am planning a facelift in Costa Rica in January.  I am seeing a younger woman(not too young, but very hot) so that contributes to my desire to do these things.  Has anybody else ever started this late in life?  I am not looking for approval or disapproval of what I am doing, only wondering if anybody else has started this late.

Good for you and best of luck. I’m one of those people that used to say when I was in my 20s that I wouldn’t care about my hair once I “got older”. Here I am in my 40s researching HTs. If hairless bothers you when you’re young, I suspect it always will. 

46 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Good for you and best of luck. I’m one of those people that used to say when I was in my 20s that I wouldn’t care about my hair once I “got older”. Here I am in my 40s researching HTs. If hairless bothers you when you’re young, I suspect it always will. 

Exactly I wont go as far to say it's a personality type that hair  loss bothers the most, but lots of guys wouldn't have a hair transplant if you paid them , I was chatting to a friend today who is pretty much a NW 5 and has great donor but he said no way he would have a transplant     and has accepted his hair loss and is happily married good job etc .

1 hour ago, yesplease said:

Hi Pete. So you had your transplant 20 years ago? Would be really interesting to see how it is holding up after that long a period of time. Hard to find long-term results as typically people post their 12 or 18 month pics and then move on from these forums.

I recently posted my result which I had  done  nearly 4 years ago on the 6th January, I posted the result for that very reason it's nice for other people to see how a transplant can look past the usual 12 month - 18 month point .

Edited by Mick50

• Administrators
2 hours ago, yesplease said:

Bill the managing publisher had his transplant 14 years ago and recently posted an update. I had my first transplant 4 1/2 years ago still going strong.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Bottom line, there are people who undergone hair transplant surgery of just about every age. People who typically care about their appearance and hair loss in their 20s will still care about it in their 70s and 80s. Perhaps perspective changes somewhat, but I know I would still care if I was completely bald now, which was my feet had I not undergone for hair restoration procedure is. Now, for procedures and over 10 years later, I am still feeling quite confident about my hair and the way I look. I’ve even  started experimenting with growing my hair long even though I probably look more professional and better with my hair short. But are used to wear my hair long when I was in my early 20s and late teens so I thought I would try again just for fun. 

So in my opinion, if hair loss is bothering you in your 70s, go get a hair transplant with one of our outstanding recommended hair transplant surgeons.   You will very likely be glad you did as long as you work with a top doctor who listens to you and works with you to meet your goals. 

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

SWdan looks fantastic as well, took 15 years off at least. 

• Like 1

View my thread

It is a big self confidence booster, and even if I am not running the bars, you always feel better when you look better.  That is also why I walk 2.5 to 5 miles every morning, and just had a lot of dental work done. 

On 28 September 2018 at 4:17 PM, yesplease said:

Hi. When I get time I'll try to throw together a selection of pics charting my two decades of transplants. I'll have to hunt down the pics though so it could take me a little while!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.