Dr Hakan Doganay 16th October 2017 3200 Grafts

2 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Wait... you went back to the same surgeon? Why would you do that? Just financial? 

Hi yes mostly.... not easy to splash another 2.5 thousand pound!

The results are ok but think I could have got better coverage from 3700 grafts?

5 minutes ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

Hi yes mostly.... not easy to splash another 2.5 thousand pound!

The results are ok but think I could have got better coverage from 3700 grafts?

It looks pretty good tbf and you’ve got more time for improvement, but it was a big risk considering how badly he’s regarded on here! Dr. Hasson did mine, 

take a look at page 5 I think for 12 month pics 

Edited by Aftermath

40 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

It looks pretty good tbf and you’ve got more time for improvement, but it was a big risk considering how badly he’s regarded on here! Dr. Hasson did mine, 

take a look at page 5 I think for 12 month pics 

Amazing results! I didnt know you could use 10000 grafts..

• 6 months later...

Final results 12 months after the 2nd operation by dr Hakan Doganay. Credit where it's due the final results look great!

2700 grafts october 2017 (500 used in the crown the rest in the hairline)

1500 grafts october 2018 all around the hairline

I was disappointed after the first operation but much happier after the 2nd restorative operation (which was done for free!)

Pictures below

20191019_162528.thumb.jpg.7a165b1b320561d5d0d5e3ccf4abcf17.jpg20191019_162507.thumb.jpg.00e383a734a07688c303106cbecf45af.jpg

20191019_162604.thumb.jpg.80fde8a81dcdf58725c5bb9e39b42062.jpg

I am now booked in for a 3rd operation with Dr Cinik in Istanbul to fill in the crown (he thinks 2000 grafts are needed using beard hairs)

and to lower the hairline which he believes needs a further 1500/2000 grafts using my current donor area.

I've sketched a rough area where I'd like the new hairline.. what does everyone think? Dr cinik said he can lower it by 0.5cm

20191019_164732.thumb.jpg.b03d0d948c2594a5b55393b4d5823635.jpg

Please show some pics, which gives us an understanding of your facial proportions. 

From what I can see right now, going that low (NW0-like) with your hairline is a bad idea.

If it goes well, you will have minor improvement in looks (maybe even no benefit at all) and you have spent all your reserves (including the crown work).

If it does not go well, you are at rock bottom and run out of donor grafts. Such a low hairline has to be very strong to look natural...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

I am now booked in for a 3rd operation with Dr Cinik in Istanbul to fill in the crown (he thinks 2000 grafts are needed using beard hairs)

and to lower the hairline which he believes needs a further 1500/2000 grafts using my current donor area.

I've sketched a rough area where I'd like the new hairline.. what does everyone think? Dr cinik said he can lower it by 0.5cm

20191019_164732.thumb.jpg.b03d0d948c2594a5b55393b4d5823635.jpg

IMO the hairline you’ve drawn here looks unnatural. You already have a great result, and you have a long road ahead, I wouldn’t throw your precious remaining grafts at this. 

Heres my current hairline top pic, vs hairline 6 years ago!

I had a rapid loss of hair in the front in 2013 and although the 2 surgeries have improved the hairline my forehead stills look massive! Compared to 6 years ago and does have a massive impact on the framing of my face..

I think a bit of work on the temporal and bringing the hairline down half a cm wont use up too many grafts? And to be honest I'm happy with a 0 on the sides.

On the issue of remaining grafts, call me naive but I'd rather look good now and worry about my remaining grafts later on on in life (and minoxidil seems to have halted any further hailoss) plus I'm a big believer that technology will allow graft cloning in the next few years.

Having a big forehead isnt a great look!

20191020_231944.thumb.jpg.11a3e756413148f17e987b0ecfdb9b37.jpg20191020_232139.jpg.293c7febf7befa24def8d4ac22bb73bf.jpg

3 minutes ago, XabiAlonso123 said:

On the issue of remaining grafts, call me naive but I'd rather look good now and worry about my remaining grafts later on on in life (and minoxidil seems to have halted any further hailoss) plus I'm a big believer that technology will allow graft cloning in the next few years.

Having a big forehead isnt a great look!

1. We cannot see if your forhead is big, without seeing your facial proportions.

2. And I am not calling you naïve, you are just young. The solution for balding is just 5 years away...since 2000+ years. And since 2000+ years, young people think only the "now" is important. But guess what, you are longer old, than you are young and you still care about your looks then.

3. If you loss is aggressive it is very (!) unlikely minox will be a longterm solution. 

Absolutely agree with you on looking good when older but hopefully by then I'll be married with kids and wont care as much! I honestly dont think I need to lower the hairline that much more to get the same look as 6 years ago.. but it does have a massive impact on how I look, I noticed the different from looking good in 2013 to looking old in 2014 (sorry to be vain) and I do believe my particular hairline has a massive impact on how I look.

Hair loss has stopped now so not worried about losing much more...

I've also got roughly 2000 hairs in the beard I can use for the crown so wouldn't be totally depleting my remaining grafts.

Personally, would be reluctant to lower the hairline any further for the reasons given by others. I may be wrong but your temple points seem to be quite low (closer to your eyebrows) and maybe not that defined/shaped which may make your foreheard larger than you think it is. Maybe some work could be done there to help with the look rather than dropping the hairline further. I'd run it by a number of surgeons to get their opinions before diving into another procedure to be honest.

Agree with you, it could just be the shape of the temple points.. I've asked a few surgeons for advice (although I've booked with cinik regardless for the crown work and filling of the gaps at the front).

Cinik advisor has said theyll assess on the day I just wanted to see what others think.

Well I think that you're going to find it difficult for anyone on this forum to agree with you. So far everyone has told you that it's a bad idea, but it sounds like you already have your mind made up.

• Valued Contributor

This might be a bit long winded so I apologize in advance but I would just like to add my 2 cents. I echo everybody else’s statements when I say your hairline is on point and I wouldn’t lower it if I were in your shoes. 

I can say with confidence that at no point in your life will you not be concerned about your hair. I’m about to turn 40. I’m married. I have 2 babies. My wife could care less about my hair. But I care. I will always care. There are men posting on this forum all the way into their early/mid 70’s who deal with the emotional stress of losing their hair. They all say the same thing-they care about what they’re hair looks like. Those reserves are finite. Once they’re out, you’re out. If you’ve used them all up and your hair continues to go there’s almost nothing you can do.

I only say all of this because I don’t want you to think that at some point later in life you’ll all of a sudden just be accepting of the state of your hair when it begins to subside again. That dreadful feeling you had when you looked at your hair loss pre-surgery-that feeling you have now when you look at the size of your forehead, you’ll have it again one day when you look in the mirror and see the hair behind the wall of hair in your hairline begin to disappear.  

Now, all that being said, I understand wanting what you want. So if it were me...and I were in your shoes...and I HAD to move forward with a procedure, which again, I think you’re good, I would concern myself with the width of my forehead and not the height. As I said I think your hairline is on point. I wouldn’t lower my hairline anymore because I wouldn’t want that boyish hairline in the picture from 6 years ago. Right now you look like a man and women (and men) are attracted to men...not boys.

From your first set of post op pics back from your first surgery it looks like Doganay did some extensive temple reconstruction, however, in your current post op pics your forehead seems fairly wide and I don’t really see the work that was done there.

I would focus on this area as it would help to close off the forehead. FC038D2E-0F55-4C19-BA51-8428C1E30413.jpeg.ced0acaa5006a573df46509e03747548.jpegC40208DD-16D9-42BF-8C48-242A58431DCF.thumb.jpeg.0441dc8e033f78c3208117f70dfe13fa.jpegThose are very crude markings and you should definitely consult your doctor about the actual shape you want but that would be my focus. It’s a minimal-ish use of grafts leaving you with more in reserve for future hair loss.

Congratulations on the current state of your hairline. It’s 👌🏻👍🏻!

And good luck figuring out what to do. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice steve, that really is good advice and I didnt look at it from that angle.. I think it might just be the width of the forehead that makes it looks so big and redesigning the temples would help frame the face.

I dont think the first design in my first operation was great but dr erdogan simply went over the smp I had done rather than designing his own hairline. I'm seeing someone on friday to get some advice and will speak to a few other consultants before making a decision.

• Thanks 1