2 FUT Procedures, 3,900 and 4,000 grafts-pls comment

how

Hi,

I am 53 years old.

I had my first FUT in January 2015--approximately 4,000 grafts

My second was January 2016-approximately 3,900 grafts.

I was a Norwood VI- I am attaching pics of my hair as it looks today. I don't have any previous pics before the surgery that avoids my face...but I required a lot of work!

I am concerned that after approximately 8,000 grafts my hair is still thin and I look bald.

Please let me know your opinions. Am I wrong to have expected a better result?

I want to hear some opinions prior to posting who performed the procedures.

1.jpg.14e785e28c3f00cad92605816991e8e9.jpg

2.jpg.28664167e1d5e8e340834560c97e9c5e.jpg

3.jpg.ff0cc3465be953be5b70373428295faf.jpg

4.jpg.83b7a22d45a12d28f3e3c548a4a38c57.jpg

Who was the surgeon? Could you post some post ops of right after the grafts were implanted?

Sorry- I do not have any post op pics.

I am growing my transplant hair long as it looks better from the front.

I want a few opinions before I reveal the surgeon...

The work is horrible, I strongly suspect your surgeon lied about the graft numbers also. There's no way that if he was this incompetent in acheiving growth he could have removed 8000 grafts via any method. You should tell him you'll post this wherever you can and on social media showing what an incompetent scum bag he is unless he refunds you the money.

I'm 99% sure you didn't get 8000 grafts, or even 8000 hairs, but if you did your growth was about 2%. At least you weren't butchered but in terms of growth it would be among the worst yield I have ever seen if it was 8000 grafts (which is wasn't and you should get your money back and threaten legal action for not providing the service they said they would). 8000 grafts should give you something close to a full head of hair, even for someone as bald as a NW6

Are you sure that is not hairs instead of grafts?

If you were to ask me to guess, I would say that this is about 2500 grafts.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would check am make sure your numbers are correct on the number of grafts. Here is a patient that is a class 5v after 2 sessions and about 6,300 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/189091-panine-md-chicago-hair-transplant-clinic-patient-results-after-2-procedures.html

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

Spanker sounds about right - no way is that 8000 grafts - more like 2000-2500 at the most. You look like you have a very good donor area still - in the hands of a surgeon with a good track record, you could still achieve a very acceptable density and look. It is what it is and you have a choice now to move on. At 53, you are still 11 years younger than I was when I had my 1st HT, so get it going!

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I will get this fixed.....

Good for you.

I am astounded that 8000 grafts resulted in such a minimal result - 8000 grafts in the hands of a recommended surgeon should have had you reeling with joy.

I have a feeling you wish you would have found this forum years ago -

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Bro u don’t realize how bad they did you wrong .. not asking for a partial refund or compensation will just let that clinic continue to do buisiness this way .. u will never have good hair again .. .. around 9000 grafts wasted is gone forever .. u probably barely have any donor hair left to get good coverage .u think another doctor is going to be able to perform a miracle on u? They will do better than what that clinic did to u .. but by wasting most of ur donor hair u be making it very difficult for other surgeons to do work on u .. because most ur donor is gone .. the doctors can only work with what u got .. n u seem like a nice guy with enough funds to not be devasted about this clinic .. but u owe it to urself to expect more ..

What do you mean no refund or litigation and you will get it fixed? Get that refund ASAP and go to a top doc in the world, even then you are in a tough spot because all those wasted grafts...good luck man

If a top doc says they cant perform on you and if your current clinic wont give you a refund please make it your mission to out the bastards who did this to you, no one should be going to them

A receipt saying you got 8000 grafts doesn't mean you got 8000 grafts. Sorry but you didn't get 8000 grafts, that is plain BS.

Hasson/Wong would be a better option next time round just as an example.

HI

Did you consult with another Hair Transplant Surgeon about this? The work is horrible. Consult with a nearby recommended doctor. No one, on this forum, other than MAYBE a doctor will be able to tell you with any level of accuracy, what MAY work for you.

See a doctor.

Hope this Helps

Sorry- I do not have any post op pics.

I am growing my transplant hair long as it looks better from the front.

I want a few opinions before I reveal the surgeon...

Please can you name the surgeon? i don't understand.

Isn't this what the forum is for, to help each other so that other people don't fall foul of bad surgeons??