Dr Konior Regrets?

Alright gents, just scheduled my procedure with Dr Konior. He's a year out right now, but he seems to be the best in my area (in the midwest). I'm really excited!

Does anyone have any regrets going or any word of advice going with Dr Konior?

I still have a pretty good coverage I'm a Norwood 2 at it's worst. Not looking to rebuild or advance my hairline. Basically just looking for 1500 to 2k grafts in the frontal 3rd and crown area to boost density and position me well as I approach my mid 40s (age). I'm doing a no shave procedure since my hair is fairly long and I have pretty good coverage. Plus I hope to be back at work within a week.

Any words of advice or any regrets?

Pete

This is a FUT procedure. I'm not going to cut my hair since I have to conceal the procedure for work purposes. I figure FUT is the way to go, since i prefer to keep my hair long and Konior is so good with scars (from what I hear). Also FUT is less expensive and doesn't require a full donor area shave.

• 4 weeks later...

Very doubtful that you'll regret a Konior procedure, he's on the very short list of people you should be trusting.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Care to share some pics of your results so far?
At barely 3 months post op he's probably barely starting to grow.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

FUE requires shaving the full donor area, and its more expensive with Dr K. I'm trying to conceal the procedure, and go back to work quickly without a hat. Plus from what I hear Dr K's scars are almost invisible.

I agree with everyone else - you should have no regrets about selecting Dr. Konior. I bet he's probably on everyone's short list. I just want to caution you about your expectation about returning to work within a week and being able to easily conceal your procedure and FUT scar. FUT, while less expense than FUE, is more invasive and will take more time to heal. You will likely have stitches or staples for your incision for at least 10-14 days - after which they'll need to be removed. Most docs have a great way of concealing the scar by leaving your hair longer on top to cover it, but with FUT there is also a risk of shock loss to the hair above and underneath the scar. I understand you are not shaving your recipient area so you can conceal the HT and newly transplanted grafts, but just be aware than in just 7 days most people still have redness from the procedure and while more remote in that timeframe, maybe even swelling in the forehead, face, eyes, etc. Like others have also stated here, for a 2k graft procedure, I too would have opted for FUE. Yes, they shave your donor, but by 7-10 days you'd look like you had a buzz cut, and if you buzzed your hair before having your procedure, people at work would notice nothing by the time you came back with the same look. Furthermore, healing time is much quicker with FUE because its less invasive. Just wanted to provide some words of caution to your expectation that you'd be back to work in 7 days after an FUT procedure - while doable, it won't be totally unnoticeable.

Edited by home1212

One of the very best I'd say. Consistently impressive results.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 8 months later...