4410 Grafts-ASMED Dr. Koray Erdogan- Istanbul

Ponchik

Hi Ponchik,

Thanks for posting the improved pics. Wow, you must be pleased. We are always critical and want perfection, but if you look at where you started its an incredible transformation. The question I would suggest you pose yourself is.... Would you be happy with your 9 month results, if you had been able to see them prior to the procedure. I would be surprised if the answer was no. See how the 'worrisome' areas go and maybe consider a touch up. Personally I would be over the moon. Good luck and hope the hair continues to improve.

The answer would be yes...i would be very disappointed. My main reason for the transplant was to fix my recession. Those worrisome areas are so thin that I can't wear my hair as I am in the pictures because it's extremely see through and also makes it very noticeable that I've had a procedure done. (I was asked by 3 people I didn't know if I had a transplant)

That may sound greedy to some but remember I had 4410 grafts done which isn't a small procedure. That being said I do still feel these areas are gonna fill out still due to the fact that I can still see lots of baby hairs. So fingers crosseda

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear your disappointed :eek: just shows we all have different levels of expectation - that is not a criticism by the way. I do agree it does look thin in the areas you point out. Hopefully these areas will fill out in the next few months. Best of luck with the continued improvement to your hair.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Understand your frustration mate but your still fortunate you had a big procedure and yield is good outside of those spots. A lot of ppl with poor fue results would take yours in a heartbeat. Worst case they touch you up and your good to go. But those areas could still thicken up usually the deadest most slick bald areas lag behind as they're very lacking in blood vessel networks etc

• 2 weeks later...

How come your hair color changed so much? In before pics your hair looks blondish but in the 9 months pics it's like medium brown. I've started to notice this happening in other transplants also. New color looks better though. If those temples get a bit more density it will be an absolute monster result.

How come your hair color changed so much? In before pics your hair looks blondish but in the 9 months pics it's like medium brown. I've started to notice this happening in other transplants also. New color looks better though. If those temples get a bit more density it will be an absolute monster result.

My hair colour didn't change at all. Asmed takes the pictures with very bright lighting and bright lighting makes my hair look more blonde. Darker the lighting the darker my hair looks

• 1 month later...
So I just got back from the ASMED clinic in Istanbul, Turkey. I must say the experience was amazing.

After doing tons of research and looking at different clinic results I finally decided on using Dr.Koray Erdogan. I will admit that travelling to Turkey to get an HT was a huge fear for me and I gotta admit I was scared shitless. But all that changed once I landed and got picked up from the airport by the Asmed driver. The drivers and ladies at the clinic make you feel so comfortable that any fear I had before was gone. At no time did I feel unsafe or uncomfortable.

The first night I stayed at the Radisson Blu hotel which was pretty amazing. The hotel is very classy and has a great restaurant with amazing food. The next 3 nights I booked the Asmed clinic for my stay which was very convenient but not as comfortable as the hotel. The clinic itself is state of the art, super clean and really quite amazing. The ladies that work there are nothing short of amazing. They constantly make you feel comfortable and are always checking to see if you need anything. I can't say enough good things about them.

As for the operation, it wasn't bad at all. The only discomfort you really get is from the initial injections. My procedure was over 2 days, the first was 2400 grafts and the second day was 2010 grafts. Dr.Koray Erdogan definitely brings a presence when he enters the room and he makes you feel confident that you're in good hands. You can also tell he's a perfectionist and expects nothing but the best.

Anyway I'm keeping this short and sweet, for anyone contemplating going to Turkey for an HT, I can honestly say I'm so happy I decided to and like I mentioned before at no time did I ever feel uncomfortable. I 100% recommend The Asmed Clinic to anyone who's wanting an HT, I strongly believe this is one of the best clinics out there.

Does the dr perform the surgery?

Remember where you came from. Your progress looks incredible! Yes to us who browse this forum religiously every hour we just notice the area, but it still looks great. For those who aren't privy to the HT world I'd say they wouldn't bat an eye lid of it looking strange. Don't forget cameras are more unforgiving than the naked eye! If my result comes out like that I'd be over the moon!! Happy growing bud and keep us posted!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Looks great. Ive had my eye on getting my HT with Asmed and Dr Erdogan for the past year. Like what you said, Im apprehensive about going to Turkey, taking that much money, and just getting it done period.

You have to carry the money with you? Aren't the customs authorities going to get suspicious. Can't you just get your family to Western Union you the money and then when you arrive in Turkey go to their location to withdraw.

I am thinking about going to Dr Erdogan for crown work. Your progress looks great.. Hoping to see some more pictures.

Ponchik, do you mind posting how much the trip and the procedure cost you, in comparison to having it done here in the U.S.?

I'm not sure how much is costs in the US but I paid roughly 16k CAD or so for the procedure and travel etc

• 2 months later...
I'll post some pics next month when I reach the 12 month mark

Hi Ponchik - I'm a new user who has been following your thread. Any updates or pics of how your left side has filled in post the 12 month mark? I have similar loss and am really interested to hear about this as I have the same concerns. Thanks!

Right side is still very see through. Asmed advised me to wait until 18 months...I'm at 14 months now so I guess another 4 months and we'll see. I'm starting to believe I'll need a second procedure which ticks me off if I'm being honest

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 3:05 AM, Ponchik said:

I'll post some pics next month when I reach the 12 month mark

Hi Ponchik - would you be able to post some more pictures now that you are past the 12 month mark, thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, Ponchik said:

Right side is still very see through. Asmed advised me to wait until 18 months...I'm at 14 months now so I guess another 4 months and we'll see. I'm starting to believe I'll need a second procedure which ticks me off if I'm being honest

Hi Ponchik,

I hope all is going well. Any developments with the right side given that you're now past the 18 month mark that Asmed advised waiting until? Considering going with Asmed myself so really interested in how pleased you are with the procedure.

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Ponchik said:

Right side improved from 12-18 months but still see through but manageable when I style it. I'll definitely require more grafts there. 

Pleased to hear it, and thanks for the quick response.

So overall are you still pleased that you had the procedure, or do you regret it? In my opinion the last pics you posted look like a great result.