4410 Grafts-ASMED Dr. Koray Erdogan- Istanbul

Ponchik

So I just got back from the ASMED clinic in Istanbul, Turkey. I must say the experience was amazing.

After doing tons of research and looking at different clinic results I finally decided on using Dr.Koray Erdogan. I will admit that travelling to Turkey to get an HT was a huge fear for me and I gotta admit I was scared shitless. But all that changed once I landed and got picked up from the airport by the Asmed driver. The drivers and ladies at the clinic make you feel so comfortable that any fear I had before was gone. At no time did I feel unsafe or uncomfortable.

The first night I stayed at the Radisson Blu hotel which was pretty amazing. The hotel is very classy and has a great restaurant with amazing food. The next 3 nights I booked the Asmed clinic for my stay which was very convenient but not as comfortable as the hotel. The clinic itself is state of the art, super clean and really quite amazing. The ladies that work there are nothing short of amazing. They constantly make you feel comfortable and are always checking to see if you need anything. I can't say enough good things about them.

As for the operation, it wasn't bad at all. The only discomfort you really get is from the initial injections. My procedure was over 2 days, the first was 2400 grafts and the second day was 2010 grafts. Dr.Koray Erdogan definitely brings a presence when he enters the room and he makes you feel confident that you're in good hands. You can also tell he's a perfectionist and expects nothing but the best.

Anyway I'm keeping this short and sweet, for anyone contemplating going to Turkey for an HT, I can honestly say I'm so happy I decided to and like I mentioned before at no time did I ever feel uncomfortable. I 100% recommend The Asmed Clinic to anyone who's wanting an HT, I strongly believe this is one of the best clinics out there.

_DSC1828.thumb.jpg.d9f561413568244104033d73591230d3.jpg

_DSC1829.thumb.jpg.0a68f66b4c73223162b593cf0b6265d2.jpg

_1.thumb.jpg.90c0e1c8d738c6f6bfd8fc25107c749c.jpg

_DSC1896.thumb.jpg.83e96a78733efd7d551d8796961886c9.jpg

_DSC2153_20170224095614283.thumb.jpg.9115448c5962b349d2b6d7d3a0f9bdb1.jpg

_DSC2164.thumb.jpg.df0f577d1ecfdb862491c4a40eb0c912.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone please off some opinions on how I'm looking at almost 6 weeks post op. I'm not going to lie I'm slightly worried at how much shock loss I've had. My hair looks 10 times worse than it did before the procedure. I know that some of my hair was thinning before the procedure so Dr.Koray Erdogan had me start Proscar at the same time as the procedure at 1.25mg daily so I'm hoping the hairs grow back stronger. But is this much shock loss normal?? Any input would be great

20170326_153531.jpg.fc9bd292ae03663a772697fd04b2d6bc.jpg

The amount of shock loss varies between patients. I'd say while you have a lot of shock loss, it's normal for having that many grafts and starting finasteride. I'd be confident that it'll grow back stronger.

I certainly hope so. Have you ever seen shock loss this bad before?

Yes. It's common after a large procedure as well as after first starting finasteride. Give it time.

I really appreciate your response...just trying to hold it together lol. Didn't realize how stressful this recovery process would be...especially when you start seeing your hair fall out

I really appreciate your response...just trying to hold it together lol. Didn't realize how stressful this recovery process would be...especially when you start seeing your hair fall out

No prob.

Hi Ponchik,

Congratulations on your hair transplant, I'm sure you will have a great result...........in time.

Be positive and try not to get worked up, no great change will happen overnight.

As for your concerns about shock loss, check out the thread below where Spex's posts will hopefully clarify any concerns you have.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/139893-when-does-shock-loss-return.html

All the best.

don't worry man, its all normal. I've had 4700 grafts on Feb 15 and experienced shock loss as well. Now its looking worse than the before but it will get better.

/

San Diego, you're not concerned at all?

Hi Ponchik,

Congratulations on your hair transplant, I'm sure you will have a great result...........in time.

Be positive and try not to get worked up, no great change will happen overnight.

As for your concerns about shock loss, check out the thread below where Spex's posts will hopefully clarify any concerns you have.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/139893-when-does-shock-loss-return.html

All the best.

Shera, thanks for the link and Ive actually read his shock loss posts but for some reason now matter how much I read it doesn't really put my mind at ease...especially when you see the word "permanent", that word freaks me out.

/

San Diego, you're not concerned at all?

no I'm not concerned because I trust Dr. Erdogan 100%. That's why I chose him and I know that the result will be great. I also research a lot and it is all normal. The real reason of that is not the shock loss. Since you had thousands of holes and serious injections on your head, the blood circulation is weak around that area and that prevents your native hair to grow. So actually its not a shock loss. Make sure you get your fin daily. In my case its already getting better each day. Be patient and don't think about your hair at least for 4 months. At the end you will realize that you freaked out for nothing.

Edited by SanDiegan