FUE tips?

Julius

Follow doctors orders, take pain meds as prescribed. Don't be a tough guy, you will need the meds for a few days. Protect those grafts the first 72 hours at least. Be patient and happy growing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good advice from John! My FUE went very smoothly. You've been at this a long time and I'm sure you know as much as anyone Good luck and keep us posted.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

In addition to the above, make sure you have chosen an elite surgeon that has very few or if any negative reviews/failed procedures, give yourself enough downtime to recover physically, mentally and socially and follow the post op instructions of your Dr. carefully while protecting your new grafts like they are gold for the critical first 10 days.

good luck

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi Julius,

Make sure all necessary arrangements are made prior to the surgery. You can then concentrate on the surgery alone without any hiccups.

Also try to make sure you are in a sound mental state, if you are under a lot of stress then you may want to delay the surgery until you are relatively stress free.

Make sure you are fully aware of the different phases you will go through, try to realistically limit your expectations and after the first few weeks just try to get back to normality. Just include the aftercare in your daily routine and try to put the surgery at the back of your mind, don't get obsessed with it!

Also, having had a few surgeries for various injuries down the years I would recommend that you always stay positive and optimistic. Others may disagree but I feel strongly that many factors play their part in a successful result. The actual procedure, the aftercare, the patients own genetic makeup and the patients mental well being (often overlooked) all need to be spot on.

I wish you all the best in your surgery, I hope its a massive success.

Edited by Shera

Try to avoid moving in bed while sleeping by staying awake until you actually need sleep.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the kind replies. I am planning on staying at the hotel nearby the clinic and flying out (30 + hour plane trip home) on the third day after my transplant. Would three days be enough before a LONG international flight?

I can't speak to the flying personally, but it should be fine from a physical standpoint. Just make sure you're mentally prepared for it and ready to handle any potential pain or discomfort that should arise while in the air. Pain meds will help with this. :)

Also, I think one of the most important things to keep in mind after a hair transplant is to be patient. The waiting game is often the hardest part, which I'm sure you're aware of.

Best of luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Yes it would be "enough," but I'd try to get a more direct flight path or lesser travel time if you can change the ticket. As this will make you tired and also put you at more risk of bumping the new grafts with longer travel time.

Also day three is when the swelling really starts to kick in.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck! As long as you did your due diligence, I say science and the doc will take care of the rest! And instruct you properly (post-op) as well!

Mine was best decision of my life! Wishing you the same success!!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

• 1 month later...

You will be fine Julius, you have so much to look forward to. Keep sending us updates.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

after its all done, #1 you will be relieved, and #2 you will remember that you went thru all that pre-surgery anxiety for nothing! The good docs and clinics have staff that look after you like you're a newborn baby! Very concerned about your comfort, etc. It really is quite painless and I'm sure you will have had dental procedures that were more painful.

Best of luck -

I had just under 2000 grafts which took about eight hours all up.

To unwind after my procedure at the hotel I watched a funny TV show which made me laugh and when I went to the mirror I had some bleeding in a part of the receipt area (the laughing made me bleed). I’m worried that a graft may have popped out?

Otherwise everything went smoothly

I’m a bit swollen now but will update with pics shortly

Thanks for the kind replies. I am planning on staying at the hotel nearby the clinic and flying out (30 + hour plane trip home) on the third day after my transplant. Would three days be enough before a LONG international flight?

Typically, you won't have any issues at three days post-op other than some possible swelling on the forehead.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians