Dr. Rahal / 2536 graft FUE / NW 3 / 9 months post-op

Dr. Rahal / 2236 graft FUE / NW 3 / 9 months post-op

This patient came to Dr. Rahal in his early 40s with a receding hairline. Using 2536 FUE grafts, Dr. Rahal provided this patient with and age appropriate hairline.

5b32edbaa74a2_pre-op(6).JPG.ff90edaae027dc2aef2ab6f90a759dd8.JPG

5b32edbab6ef3_pre-op(3).JPG.8e277cfd00a4191de39371e31bb2b775.JPG

5b32edbb1aee1_pre-op(5).JPG.653a8f0aa81ed34f19ab7a138f31f18e.JPG

5b32edbb38d88_pre-op(1).JPG.3fe9f51837b72324aad5eaad2d8c6e89.JPG

5b32edbb4834f_pre-op(2).JPG.9cf4db3f63c126f7dfb42e5955228877.JPG

5b32edbb5e3ae_pre-op(4).JPG.91cb07ebd4c4ccf21938f235e17505bf.JPG

5b32edbc22ca5_1daypost.JPG.f74bf91b2698a0be08b45da08f3e47a3.JPG

5b32edbc3d3e9_9monpost(6).jpg.4a513fb6fd4c6c9227072edcd8175291.jpg

5b32edbc4cf92_9monpost(4).jpg.6a52c2becdd9ed612566f357ae873a4e.jpg

5b32edbc69c80_9monpost(5).jpg.71177f0dfb429c0a754a4aa1f68a05dd.jpg

5b32edbc78c7f_9monpost(1).jpg.54d07e0695ed434137ba89c1800c3597.jpg

5b32edbc85dd4_9monpost(2).jpg.41748764ced7d743497c36e34be5c93e.jpg

5b32edbc8fbfd_9monpost(3).jpg.46946bc250de2d548ccb4a96d19d2275.jpg

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

In another thread entirely, someone made an observation that stuck with me about the importance of temple points. He basically said if someone has a great looking hairline but poor/no temple points, it can look like he has a toupee sittin' up there.

While this patient obviously still looks good in the minuscule images available, it seems like his result could be a first round knockout with some more temple point definition.

I agree better images would be nice, but it looksays like a very good result.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Fairly certain it was me who made the observation about temple points you're referring to. I think people still underestimate the importance of them. Unfortunately they are very tough to replicate, especially if the donor hair quality is thick.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

totally agree with everyone's observations about temple points - the first priority of the patients and docs usually is restoration of the frontal zone and framing the face, but there are very few docs/clinics that I see doing some work on the receding temple points in order to match and be somewhat symmetrical with the new hairline - would love to see some more comments and discussion on this -

Couldn't agree more regarding temple points. I brought this subject up with my doctor, and he advised against me getting mine done. Now that i am 5 months post op and everything looking great, i am really disappointed in myself that i didn't insist on him doing my own. Each temple point required up to 200 grafts each. That was an estimate of course. I think it would be less than that. Having to go back and get them done just seems like too much hassle.

Props, hairthere, if that was indeed you who initiated that discussion. One of many things I've picked up here from reading veteran posts.

I recall someone posting a pic of Cuckoo's Nest-era Jack Nicholson as an example in that thread. While the hair on top was definitely already on the move, his overall look was bolstered a good bit by his excellent temple points. Oh, and by being Jack f'n Nicholson.

100% with you all on the temple points. They are very important in framing the face and completing the look.

I also think that if you have temple points done then you can get away with a higher hairline.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

While work from this clinic is excellent, the presentation of this case is really poor.

Trying to look over poor pictures I do agree that a lot of doctors shy away from temple points which to me puts the icing on the cake when done properly.

I dont understand why its difficult to mimic temple points with high dense donor as it normally takes 1 or 2 hair folicals & something the so called higher doctor's should do without any issue's unless trying to use donor to its best potential.

Guys if you want a sample of temple points just you tube Dr Diep he almost fills in the temple points when needed & mimics as natural ascan be imo...which imo frames the face completely.

Edited by ontop
edit

No, not in this Instance with poor pictures posted.

but other clinics who post you can mostly see the pre op/post op pictures which would show fue or fut on the back of head unless in rare cases the donor is not shaved down.

So these picture's is a prime example on how not to present patient's pre op post op pictures.

which I find it bizarre coming from a top clinic to be honest, they should know better IMO on how to present such patients in the most transparent way of which is not the case.

Couldn't agree more regarding temple points. I brought this subject up with my doctor, and he advised against me getting mine done. Now that i am 5 months post op and everything looking great, i am really disappointed in myself that i didn't insist on him doing my own. Each temple point required up to 200 grafts each. That was an estimate of course. I think it would be less than that. Having to go back and get them done just seems like too much hassle.

What was the doctor's reason for advising against the temple points?