Dr. True - Doesn't get any better - FUT donor scar

For those that are concerned about scarring from a hair transplant, particularly FUT : although below is a very exceptional scar, patients should expect a very fine linear scar from an FUT procedure if executed properly. This happens to be a fully mature trichophytic donor closure after a 2300 FUT.

IMG_7161zq.jpg

IMG_7162xs.jpg

IMG_7160za.jpg

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

I don't think this thread is getting enough attention. Frankly, I think I may write a newsletter about the concerns about scarring and use this particular topic as an example of exceptional scarring. Frankly, I think the scare of the linear scar from strip surgery is overhyped, in particular by those who advocate FUE.

That's not to say at all that FUE is not a viable procedure however, FUE's primary advantage is that it eliminates the linear scar. However, most strip procedures when performed by an outstanding surgeon such as Dr. True and Dr. Dorin include a pencil line scar that is largely hidden by existing hair even that short lengths. This is a perfect example of this and I appreciate you sharing.

Best wishes,

Bill

Excellent healing - you have to look hard to see it .The tricho closures do really seem to be producing great results scar wise .

I can see no evidence of mine at 4.5 months post op even at a no. 3 to 4 cut - may even try a no.2 cut next time .

How long til an fut scar with this kind of closure technique is "fully mature"?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

I had my FUT with Dr Dorin last month.... but it was only after my procedure that i found out about trichophytic, and patients that had trichophytic closure done by Dr Dorin. Amazing results.

And I wondered why i wasn't given this choice instead of what i received, which was regular closure of donor scar.... as obviously who wouldn't want the type of amazing results done with trichophytic closure.

this was my response directly from Dr Dorin...

"The candidacy for the trichophytic closure is evaluated on an individual basis, the use of it yielding good results are very limited.

I have found using it on an indiscriminate basis yields scars wider, and worse in appearance than a straight closure would for the same patient.

I almost never use it any longer for this and other issues that it can cause for future transplantation procedures during harvesting."

I've attached a patient of Dr. Dorin's with a non-trichophytic closure - 2400 grafts. I see patients on a daily basis and it can be tricky to even discern which type of closure they received. My point in posting this thread is not so much about trichopytic closure as it is more to address the undeserved stigma associated with FUT strip surgery to which Bill alluded. Of course every patient is unique in terms of skin type, elasticty, density, previous surgeries, attention to post-operative care - not every scar is created equally but certainly patients should expect a high level of refinement in scarring with FUT. We do a lot of FUE presently but FUT is still a solid approach to hair transplantion.

jw.thumb.jpg.a69892839d51004d5137864940e70028.jpg

IMG_3591.thumb.jpg.55e9d55cb3bd4daba1e3fc6ad2f4f3b2.jpg

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

Very impressive. Both sets of pics show exceptional scars.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.