Hairline mystery

Sam, chap, you're 5-6 months out from a procedure, right? You don't know your final result - time spent planning the next one now is likely a waste of time.

For what it's worth, I think it looks pretty reasonable at this stage. Sure, I'd want it to thicken up - and it might. And perhaps in time, knowing the final result, maybe I'd get the temple points done. But, bearing in mind the emotional trauma you went through - sounds like you're still going through - after the first HT, I'd really ask yourself if you want to put yourself through a HT again.

HT is not for me at all, i did not accept this change and i feel it is fake, i feel i m cheating myself specially with this artifically hairline, and i doubt my feeling will change at the end, but i will try to be patient and wait

I m used to wide forehead so wide, regardless if it suit me or not but i had peace with myself before, now my life become nightmare just focusing on hair and cannot do anything in mylife only hair,

now there is huge contrast betweeb the skin and hair, this type of hair does not suit hairline at all

If there is a solution to remove it all and get back to how i look and end this chapter of my life, i will pay anything and do it

I think after 6 months you will find me here asking about a way to remove it, unless there is a dramatically change happen

And the problem i had 3650 grafts and i know this almost impossible to remove it, except if laser work for me and my skin was normal without scars

Sam, chap, you're 5-6 months out from a procedure, right? You don't know your final result - time spent planning the next one now is likely a waste of time.

For what it's worth, I think it looks pretty reasonable at this stage. Sure, I'd want it to thicken up - and it might. And perhaps in time, knowing the final result, maybe I'd get the temple points done. But, bearing in mind the emotional trauma you went through - sounds like you're still going through - after the first HT, I'd really ask yourself if you want to put yourself through a HT again.

Mine looked a bit fake around the 5 month mark so yes it is best to wait for the final result in 6 months time.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Dude, you are the only guy I know who actually wants a receded hairline. I would give my testicles to have my hairline from my 20s. I think it looks great, and 99% of people in the world looking at it won't give it a second thought in terms of fakeness. Enjoy the new hair, you look way better than you did pre-op. Go out to the neighborhood college and go pick up some girls.

Sam, ride it out a bit longer. Try some cabooki/toppik and maybe try a different haircut. Don't start having bits taken out, or messing with it. You're starting to obsess about it. No one is noticing anything "artificial" but yourself.

Imagine you're on a diet and at the end of 30 days you lost 30 lbs. If you looked at before/after pics comparing day 1 to day 30 you'd see a noticeable improvement.

But, if you compared day-to-day results the difference wouldn't be so apparent, you might even think you didnt see any results.

If you're staring in the mirror every hour of every day your perception is off and you're going to struggle to grasp the change. Take a step back, try something different.

• Moderators

Sam,

Personally I think it's coming along pretty well. However I understand how you feel. You look in the mirror and see someone you don't recognize because you never had a hairline like that. It's hard to picture yourself as not looking like yourself.

Before you do anything too serious, do the following things:

1. get an eyeliner pencil or something similar and draw in a bit of temple area "hair" on yourself and see if that looks better to you or not. It will wash right out when you shower, so just do this before taking a shower.

2. If you don't think the temple areas are the issue, then try shaving off a very small section in the corners and see if you like that better. It's not permanent as it is just shaved and will grow back, so you don't have to worry about it. The good thing is you get to see if that really is the issue with how it looks to you. If that looks better, then you can move forward and see about maybe FUEing out a few hairs in the corners.

If you do both of those things, you should get a much better idea of what the issue is to yourself and what will make you feel better. Take the next few days and try that and then report back on what you feel. I really think that will help you a lot to know what your next step in the HT journey should be for you.

AL

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

The right and left sides of the hairline need to be restore more if you want to then add temple peaks to frame the forehead.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think that the temple points indeed do a lot to help frame the forehead and the face overall. Unfortunately this is not always possible because the hair itself can be your worst enemy as texture is one of the insurmountable issues that hair restoration surgeons deal with. If you have coarse and thick hair shafts then it is difficult to make the temple points look natural.

By all means, if you are only a few months post-surgery then you should let this result mature and then speak to your doctor about temple points. I recommend you speak with multiple clinics that have shown a consistency for temple point work.

By the way, temples are the recessed corners on either side of your hairline. Temple points are the triangular tufts of hair that reside behind and are slightly higher than each eyebrow.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

Thanks guys for support, really you help me a lot

I spent hours starring and try to find out what will relieve me and make me feel ok

I can describ it exactly like , i see my face as 2d object not 3d because the temple recession and center is connected in one line like smilly face

So i feel the hairline should be narrower it so wide, espically abve the eyebrow it should be like bell shape

it makes my forehead streatching, i cannot feel i have sides now only face, when i see myself from distance believe me i see a 2d object, so i avoid see myself in mirror now

Restoring the temple, it will not help it will make my forehead smalller, with nw6 pattern it will create more problem for me

I did not have temple before balding, so i did not have this problem

Now i feel i want to remove the hairline and keep the forelock

How i can do it, laser, electrosys, fue punch out,

The hairline is framing the face, and really this is not suit me at all, i want to remove fhis frame

I feel i m fake, really it is nighmare, i will loss my job if i continue like this

Can i start now after 6 months ?

Edited by Sam23

U know, i want to remove it, i m tired from all of this, i cannot recognize myself anymore, i want to come back how i was look, and see my old me

When i see my old pics before transplant 6 months ago, i almost cry, what i did to my self, how i can fix this now, it is like cheating myself and cheating everyone, this is not me

The problem is in the frame, they framed my face i do not like that, my face was never framed in whole mylife, i hate the hair textures

That is why i ased to implant in the middle and not create something new, they conveinced it will look ugly, i should listen to my inner sound, it was right from beginning,

I went to dermatologist yesterday and told me your scalp is ok there are no scars but there is redness, however, maybe there are internal scars that need to be checked

She does not recommend me to use laser, and say that laser is hair reduction and not laser removal, and

The only way to go is electrolysis but it usually used for small area, and outdated tool

she told me that the skin will not back like before no matter what you do, but it can look normal but not super clean scalp

But really i do not care anymore, i want to restore my life and end this chapter

Edited by Sam23

They should mention that before doing HT, it is a one way ticket whether you like it or not it is one way ticket

I should think about it in this way before, not just have hair,

I wish when i did it i will look like the old me with same hair, but it seems it was something totally different

Now it is like you wearing an ugly wig but you cannot take it off, i hope if i used wig at least i can take it off

Edited by Sam23

Sam, I think you should speak to your Dr. You seem to be suffering from anxiety/stress, that may or may not be related to your transplant.

When you are feeling like that, you are in no position to analyse anything objectively.

Yes i know,

it is simple, i do not like it, it is not the way i want, it is does not look good for me and i cannot accept it and i cannot do something about it and i feel i will spend my whole life with it

Everyone tell me to wait, so i m waiting but i making it difficult to myself and try to prepare myself what i should do after 6 months

Maybe my issue it is only the hairline if i fix it i will be ok

Now when i m talk to the people, i start starring to their head to see if someone have defects like mine or to understand how the hairline should look

I put a pic how i think my hairline should like, not a giant wide circle,

I magnify things in mind, cuz i lnow it is transplant, if i forget it is transplant i will never say anything

Hhhhhh, really i became crazy man

image.thumb.jpg.9235c01b07a02c5e9268a856f195737b.jpg

Edited by Sam23

Yes i know,

it is simple, i do not like it, it is not the way i want, it is does not look good for me and i cannot accept it and i cannot do something about it and i feel i will spend my whole life with it

Everyone tell me to wait, so i m waiting but i making it difficult to myself and try to prepare myself what i should do after 6 months

Now when i m talk to the people, i start starring to their head to see if someone have defects like mine or to understand how the hairline should look

I magnify things in mind, cuz i know it is transplant, if i forget it is transplant i will never say anything

LOL, really i became crazy man

Maybe it all happen becuase i can still see my top of head and systematic hairline grow in ugly way

Sorry i m writeing a lot here, better to wait and see

Edited by Sam23

Yes i know,

I magnify things in mind, cuz i know it is transplant, if i forget it is transplant i will never say anything

LOL, really i became crazy man

Maybe it all happen becuase i can still see my top of head and systematic hairline grow in ugly way

Sorry i m writeing a lot here, better to wait and see

sorry mate, you need to go see a psychologist. Take care of yourself and get better.

Finally. I dignose the problem

I told you there is something wrong, nobody believed me and said nothing is wrong and it is just my imagination ,

From first day i knew it, i did not like this hairline

Please look to the pic, those the hairs that makes the problem,

Always i feel i cannot see the front as front and my forehead has streatched and no dimensions in my head anymore becuase The the individual hairs are so systematic, the whole first hairs are wrong all of them are on the same level and so close to each others

Only if there are density it will be ok

Otherwise i have to remove or unplug some of those hairs,

okay, so either wait for the hair to mature to determine whether you have enough density, or go see an electrosys or laser removal technician and remove it. Whatever makes you happy. Personally I wouldn't get it removed, but if that's going to make you happy, do it.

You need help Sam. I'd wager that over 99% of people in your situation would be quite happy, that tells me the problem is with your mind and not your hair.

You should go and see a doctor to talk about your anxiety and depression.

You need help Sam. I'd wager that over 99% of people in your situation would be quite happy, that tells me the problem is with your mind and not your hair.

You should go and see a doctor to talk about your anxiety and depression.