Supplmenet to speed up hair growth

Hello Everyone. I have a surgery with Dr. Hasson on December 18. I know he shaves the transplant area to work around my hair. However, I need my original hair to grow back to its normal length as fast as possible. I know there is a supplement that help speed up hair growth but don't remember its name.

Does anyone know which supplement I am referring to?

3664 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - Oct. 5th, 2007

My Hair Loss Weblog

MSM......Biotin.....Multivitamin.....

I just started the MSM about 1.5 months ago as I've heard really good stuff about it. I've been keeping my hair only half an inch long from then until I had my second HT last week...so it will be hard to gauge how much the MSM works for a few months when I let my hair grow out with the new HT. I heard the powder is much better than capsules. I went to a local Vitamin Shoppe/Vitamin World and they had a couple choices. It's cheap....maybe $15-20 for a thing of it (each teaspoon is 1000mg). I heard 3000mg is optimal.....but your body gets rid of the excess and doesn't use it (so in other words.....it's better to take 3 servings throughout the day versus taking 3000mg all at once).

There are 0 supplements that help with balding. Biotin is a myth . You are better off taking b12 for your over all health. If there was a pill or supplement it would have been on the news years ago. Vitamins are like snake oils when it comes to hair loss. There is 0 proof that biotin grows hair it is a myth.

There are 0 supplements that help with balding. Biotin is a myth . You are better off taking b12 for your over all health. If there was a pill or supplement it would have been on the news years ago. Vitamins are like snake oils when it comes to hair loss. There is 0 proof that biotin grows hair it is a myth.

Re-read the OP. He's having surgery. He'a asking which supplement will help with re-growth post op ;)

I'm taking Biotin, although its likely useless. But its readily available in most of the foods we eat such as meat, eggs, nuts, etc anyway. I'm opting for the basics-lots of liquids, lots of sleep, no stress.

Biotin is a myth will stay with that . Real supplements that work in my personal experience are flaxseed oil and coq10. This is not for hair loss but overall health in my opinion. Only pill that works for hair is finasteride.

https://www.fusionhealth.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Hair-Tonic.jpg

i used to use these, i felt it worked, ive just bought 120caps more

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

I tried MSM and really did not notice a difference with my hair growth but it did seem to grow my nails faster...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I tried MSM and really did not notice a difference with my hair growth but it did seem to grow my nails faster...:cool:

Which brand? There's literally zero efficacy to this stuff (biotin, msm) but guess it cant hurt. Zinc is a good multi to take in general too.

It may be anecdotal at best, but my hair and nails seem to grow noticeably quicker while taking Biotin (1,000 mcgs daily). I share this tidbit with patients when asked about "speeding up" growth. Especially growth in areas of native hairs that were trimmed up for the procedure.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I don't think MSM actually speeds up hair growth, although anecdotal, i did a little experiement on myself some years back, and found that my hair did not measureable grow any faster from taking it.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

I remember several years ago when MSM was really a buzz in the forums but it seems like more guys have subpar results from it regarding the acceleration of hair re-growth.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For patients there is no better advice but to go with their doctor's. Having said that various doctor's prescribe different medicines post op. For example some advise to take biotin, finasteride n minoxidil whereas some suggest to take topical finasteride with neutriderm anti hairloss lotion and biotin but not just biotin...tablets with other supplements & biotin, like grape seed extract, saw palmetto, iron,zinc etc etc...

So the question is what are the best ones that a patient to take.

Edited by Indi9
Typo

I am about to start using these again. the first time I used them I had great success, decided to give it another go.

Hair_tonic_30_caps.jpg.22ea276858a372b641d11f9131afa58d.jpg

Most important thing is eating clean not using supplements. Eat more vegetables, fruits, nuts

healthy protein. Cut down on saturated fats and sugars. Real nutrition comes from whole foods not from supplements. You need the fiber not just the juice either. Supplements are not a replacement for healthy eating. They can be an added bonus but if you eat junk every day it will be pointless. I used to lift weights religiously and the rule always in the US was to

stay on the outside aisles never shop in the middle of the store. Look it up it's true. Grocery stores usually put produce and fruit on the outside aisles and have all of the cookies and salt

loaded tv dinners in the middle part of the store. I never noticed it but it's on a lot of body building sites and it's true. The best things for your body come from the ground not from a

factory. If I were to take only one supplement it would be flaxseed oil it has so many benefits for over all health. I also believe in b vitamins. I do not believe that biotin does anything I think it is just a fad. Maybe I am wrong but it was useless for me. I don't believe in saw palmetto either. Fact is if you are not getting the right nutrition your body decides what is

more important and hair is at the bottom of the list. Major organs will come first if your body

is facing a nutritional struggle. Your hair will not get the nutrients . Most important thing is

eating healthy.

I only eat fresh veggies and lean meats, hardly eat anything bad, I gave up eating crap years ago, but since going back on Biotin i have noticed more hair, same diet same exercise. there are alot of fat guys out there with lots of hair and lots of skinny healthy guys like Kelly Slater for one that has no hair. from what i have read alot of body building supplements such as nettle root or tongkat ali are what cause baldness,

• 1 month later...

i always felt msm made my hair thicker. I think the best supps are the ones that are anti-inflammatory in nature. probably curcumin resveratrol . also I think all the fat soluble vitamins are important. A D K E