Kicking Myself Over Hairline

I am about 2 months post op and now I am kicking myself for not going a little lower on the hairline. I have always had a bit of a high hairline. I believe it is just over 7cm from my brows. I am 42 and have ad minimal loss over the years. Now I regret not just getting it done while I had the opportunity.

I would like to be able to wear the buzzed or slicked back look and not have the forehead look too high.

In the case of lowering a couple cm, you pretty much have to go through the same process right? How long should you wait before having another procedure done?

Here is an image of where I am at now:

http://imgur.com/lQmkiAy

What do you think?

I think your hairline looks great and is the right height any lower would not look right imo as you get older. Your Doctor did the right thing for you in not lowering it any further.

Enjoy and wait until it grows in. Once your hair is longer you won't be so focused on your forehead.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

At least your hairline looks pretty symmetrical. It may be better facially framed then most folks who have a hairline procedure. How many fingers can you fit from top of your eyebrows to the start of the hairline? Is the hieght from the bottom of the nose to the bottom of your chin, the same distance up top? Usually some docs will tell you they will give you a hairline which you agree to in emails and convos then at surgery time they may pull that here is what i think card and disagree with you and etc., it is the only way for you to get in their chair and pay and they dictate some rules later after youve made the trip. So, see how this looks when grown out. See even if the doc even has had success woth the growth. Because if you have growth issues in the hairline where doc has transected or caused shockloss then it will look very conservative if you are missing adequate density. In the meantime from that pic, it doesnt look too bad but keep an eye on the growth.

For your safety, document your progress and keep hd pics and if possible videos of your progress. Post pics when you can for input, but use multiple forums as some forums may have doctor trolls that will argue with you to play you down.

Right now, no one knows how this will end up in terms of growth/design, but as the months progress, they should be able to get a better picture.

Wish you the best and happy growing.

Hi Borrn2Shine

As said the hair line is nice and natural and you are only going to age also.

In answer to your question if you were to lower it then yes, a new hair line needs to be established with single FUs then going back with two and then multiple units, so in essence a repeat of the first surgery and then blend back into the current hair line.

Wait a good year to see how it comes in as you may be very happy with it then and not need to change anything at all. But if you do decide to lower it then this is easier than removing and going higher, so a positive there!

But having good quality hair coming in will make a nice difference and frame your face and be patient and assess at 12 months and go from there as in terms of thoughts and wants it can change dramatically as the hair transplant grows in.

All the best.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Looks perfect - and will look better still with some length. I'm 43, booked for surgery, and will be avoiding the temptation to lower my hairline anymore than the doc suggests..I think it's just as easy to have regrets later in life that you went too low.

Your 2 months post HT and already have a defined hairline most would be happy with at 8 months. Presumably the shot was that taken before the shed?

This is 2 months? You have a perfect hairline already? Like the others said---it's solid. Honestly, if anything, It's too aggressive for a guy your age.

I'm younger than you (35) and opted for a hairline that was even less aggressive, yet more consistent with where my hairline lived 5 years ago versus 10. Naturalness and appearance relative to age should be strongly factored by any good doc.

And he did. Great job. I think too many people want a 20 year olds hairline. It just doesnt look natural even if its appealing. It's like a 40 year old woman trying to lookl like she did in her youth. Doesn't sit right.

Thank you for the comments. To clarify... this is before the shed and now I am 2 months post op. It is even with where my hairline was before. I just had it strengthened and the temples filled in. Hopefully I will get a good yield. Waiting for the growth and not knowing how it will turn out is very difficult.

You look totally age appropriate. With your hair grown out, like many said, you'll quickly forget where your hairline is.

The waiting part right now is the toughest! Happy Growing!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Thank you for the feedback. I look at guys like Channing Tatum and Tom Hardy and they seem to have a lower hairline. This lower hairline seems to make the shaved down and combed back styles look more appropriate.

I guess it is just a little bit of hair greed kicking in. Honestly... I will be thankful to just get a good yield and get past the stage I am at now. I am at just past 2 months and time seems to have slowed down.

As others have said, your hairline looks great and age appropriate. Grow well.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

At least your hairline looks pretty symmetrical. It may be better facially framed then most folks who have a hairline procedure. How many fingers can you fit from top of your eyebrows to the start of the hairline? Is the hieght from the bottom of the nose to the bottom of your chin, the same distance up top? Usually some docs will tell you they will give you a hairline which you agree to in emails and convos then at surgery time they may pull that here is what i think card and disagree with you and etc., it is the only way for you to get in their chair and pay and they dictate some rules later after youve made the trip. So, see how this looks when grown out. See even if the doc even has had success woth the growth. Because if you have growth issues in the hairline where doc has transected or caused shockloss then it will look very conservative if you are missing adequate density. In the meantime from that pic, it doesnt look too bad but keep an eye on the growth.

For your safety, document your progress and keep hd pics and if possible videos of your progress. Post pics when you can for input, but use multiple forums as some forums may have doctor trolls that will argue with you to play you down.

Right now, no one knows how this will end up in terms of growth/design, but as the months progress, they should be able to get a better picture.

Wish you the best and happy growing.

Should the front point of the hairline to eyebrows, be the same distance as the point of the nose to the chin? Is this the ideal aesthetically?