**PHOTOS** Question for the community: WHICH IS WHICH ???

i'm going left FUT and right FUE

Why?

Because I think the guy on the left will need more lifetime grafts so you decided to go FUT first to obtain those

This was my first thought too.

Maybe guy on right has more or less stabilized with meds so FUE up front will keep him happy for a while. Guy on left might desire to go au naturel (as far as drugs anyway), so will need a lot more other help.

Edited by HairLostYears

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will guess the left is FUT and the right is FUE. The right looks to be packed with more density to offset the lower yield with FUE. If Dr. Fellers average yield numbers are correct, the patient with 75% yield in the FUE proceedure and grafts packed more densely would get about the same result as the patient with the grafts packed less densely and a 98% yield with the FUT.

I am really not sure on this one but I'll go with the one one the left is an HT and the one on the right seems to be the Fue. It's because I see the one on the left has more area done with the same amount of grafts

Hmmm...I'm going to throw in my $.02 and try in a completely different direction. What has me wondering are the marked transplant areas. The actual FUs transplanted on the left descend PAST the areas marked off. Possibly a result of additional grafts available in the strip? Whereas on the right you can see there is an area marked further back into the native hair that was not touched. Also, there is a shaved/bald area towards said native hair where no FUs seem to have been implanted. Is it possible the remainder of the procedure had to wait or be stopped? Or rather it needed to be split into two sittings/procedures?

FUT left, FUE right.

(Also part of me wants to say FUE to both, just to be contrary and that it was a trick question all along!)

Left is FUT! Come on Dr Feller am I right! Pass me an free MFUE!

• Administrators

Everybody who's guessed is wrong both of these patients received mFUE the new revolutionary treatment some may even call a miracle, from the great minds who brought you "FUT is more popular than FUE" Dr. Feller and his apprentice Dr. Bloxham. Please call Feller&bloxham hair transplant and sign up today!!! annnnnnnddd end commercial.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

No idea. In the immediately post-op pics, the one on the right looks more densely packed. That might suggest 'healthier' FUT grafts as they may not require as much blood supply to survive and grow.

But difficult to see from the grown-out pictures which had better yield/result as the hairstyles are different.

Everybody who's guessed is wrong both of these patients received mFUE the new revolutionary treatment some may even call a miracle, from the great minds who brought you "FUT is more popular than FUE" Dr. Feller and his apprentice Dr. Bloxham. Please call Feller&bloxham hair transplant and sign up today!!! annnnnnnddd end commercial.

And??? If patients have the choice for more techniques what is wrong with that? Just like some prefer the play station or the xbox. I hope Dr Feller presents some grown out MFUE's showing great results. Even better, when he presents his papers on MFUE in the IHRS conferences people will realise the technique is not a 'gimmick'

FUT on the left

FUE on the right

Because the grafts from the FUE were thin from skeletonization I had to make smaller recipient slits. I also packed it closer together to make up for expected drop in yield, which did happen.

Because the grafts from the FUT were nice and chubby, I just made the slits normal distance from each other as I usually do. Normal growth yield.

9.jpg.23e3b6e3e17c93cce142e28d1fff3140.jpg

8.jpg.34c73f252ca46509d717f8832f3b8937.jpg

I was right then. A good demonstration showing how graft tissue plays a major impact in growth. Good work sir! I love these games!

These games are very informative Dr Feller! A great way to educate the so called fue experts!

Dr Feller - could you comment on why you use the grid-placement of the grafts?

Non-NA doctors don't seem to necessarily favour either method. They just react to demand. They don't, from what I can tell, attempt to hard-sell any particular method on their patients. Feriduni, Bisanga, etc. will do FUT or FUE for the same job. I'd be curious whether they quote more grafts if you opt for FUE though.

Completely untrue, Bisanga in particular. Biology works the same way in Europe as it does in the USA. Btw, ask Bisanga if he disagrees with Feller on the pros and cons of FUE. I think we all know where Dr B will stand.