**PHOTOS** Question for the community: WHICH IS WHICH ???

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my guess is that they are both FUT., why? majority of FUE needs to shaved down for surgery

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

my guess is that they are both FUT., why? majority of FUE needs to shaved down for surgery

I'm not going to give the answer yet because I want to see what others think first and why.

But you think it's because there isn't enough hair shaved in total in either? That's interesting.

I will tell you that they are not both FUT.

And I will ask you another question. How many grafts do you think are represented in each case? Hint: it's the same number.

Thank you for playing.

Try and get a bit more specific if you can. When I reveal which is which and why it would be interesting to see if the reason for your answer matches.

Was there any particular characteristic that helped you decide?

I will preface this by saying I haven't seen many FUT post-op pics. For FUE pre op seem a bit bloody, brighter, and the incisions seem deep.

I don't believe which procedure can truly be determined by photos especially at that angle since it's the extraction of the two techniques, not the placement that sets them apart.

Good point .

Good thinking. That SHOULD be true. But it isn't...if you know what you are looking for between the two photos.

Give yourself a moment to just look at the two and compare the differences. It will come to you as the differences are fairly obvious.

I will preface this by saying I haven't seen many FUT post-op pics. For FUE pre op seem a bit bloody, brighter, and the incisions seem deep.

I'm not sure what you meant by FUE "pre op". Did you mean "post op" ?

And when you say "incisions seem deep" do you mean each incision appears deeper into the skin or the incisions in general are placed farther back from the hairline toward the crown?

Although I realize this is just part of your agenda, the right is FUE. The point you are pushing is that the yield will be lower in the FUE case so grafts need to be placed more densely over a smaller area.

However, my own conclusion is that the right guy has much thicker hair than the left guy (as well as less aggressive loss in an A pattern) and they are attemping to match that density.

Although I realize this is just part of your agenda, the right is FUE. The point you are making is that the yield will be lower in the FUE case so grafts need to be placed more densely over a smaller area.

Matt,

Why do you think that would be my point? Because it could actually be true, or, because it is actually untrue but I'm disingenuously pushing my agenda?

And in your view, what is my agenda?

I'm not sure what you meant by FUE "pre op". Did you mean "post op" ?

And when you say "incisions seem deep" do you mean each incision appears deeper into the skin or the incisions in general are placed farther back from the hairline toward the crown?

post op. Incisions seem deeper into the skin, which may cause more blood.

Matt,

Why do you think that would be my point? Because it could actually be true, or, because it is actually untrue but I'm disingenuously pushing my agenda?

And in your view, what is my agenda?

Because in every post of your's I read you are criticizing the yield of FUE.

I get it. You're a businessman. But every American (and Canadian) doc and rep says the same self-serving thing. FUE is just for small jobs like temple closure, etc. It's easy to see through.

Because in every post of your's I read you are criticizing the yield of FUE.

I get it. You're a businessman. But every American (and Canadian) doc and rep says the same self-serving thing. FUE is just for small jobs like temple closure, etc. It's easy to see through.

I'm not sure it's "every post" , but to be sure FUE vs FUT is the hot topic.

You think I and all North American doctors favor FUT over FUE solely for business reasons, nothing else?

Is it possible that non-North American doctors favor FUE solely for business reasons ?

why I said both are FUT, is because Blake said recently in another thread - lifting weights 14days after surgery thread, that you dont do FUE into hairlines because of approximately 7 detrimental reasons. so why would you post an FUE hair line image, when you dont do them

I'm not sure it's "every post" , but to be sure FUE vs FUT is the hot topic.

You think I and all North American doctors favor FUT over FUE solely for business reasons, nothing else?

Is it possible that non-North American doctors favor FUE solely for business reasons ?

Non-NA doctors don't seem to necessarily favour either method. They just react to demand. They don't, from what I can tell, attempt to hard-sell any particular method on their patients. Feriduni, Bisanga, etc. will do FUT or FUE for the same job. I'd be curious whether they quote more grafts if you opt for FUE though.

Suspense is killing me doc, I have no idea which is which. It probably has something to with the bleeding, but I have no idea why. . For my first FUT procedure, I bled a lot, so looked like a zombie afterwards. My best guess would be that the bloodied one is FUT as there is more protective tissue surrounding the grafts which means the incisions had to be larger resulting in more blood, or the flip side and the more bloodied one is the FUE as damaged grafts had to be forced in?

why I said both are FUT, is because Blake said recently in another thread - lifting weights 14days after surgery thread, that you dont do FUE into hairlines because of approximately 7 detrimental reasons. so why would you post an FUE hair line image, when you dont do them

Maybe he won't, but I do. That said, his reasoning is correct, FUE hairlines do not seem to pan out as well as FUT hairlines.

So forget any extraneous information. Just look at the two and observe the differences. It should come to you shortly after that. Give it another shot.

Non-NA doctors don't seem to necessarily favour either method. They just react to demand. They don't, from what I can tell, attempt to hard-sell any particular method on their patients. Feriduni, Bisanga, etc. will do FUT or FUE for the same job. I'd be curious whether they quote more grafts if you opt for FUE though.

I never thought of that. Do YOU think yields for FUE may be lower than FUT to the point that these doctors feel the need to compensate by offering more grafts for the FUE choice ?

so if your clinic is saying there are up 7 detrimental reason why not to do FUE into hairlines then why are you doing them, surely that means there isn't 7 detrimental reasons

I never thought of that. Do YOU think yields for FUE may be lower than FUT to the point that these doctors feel the need to compensate by offering more grafts for the FUE choice ?

Hahaha. Come on doc. The jig is up. Anyway, I haven't seen evidence of it. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible.