Dr. Karadeniz - 2770 Grafts FUE

29 year old patient with a Norwood 5 / developing Norwood 6 hair loss pattern came in for FUE.

2770 grafts FUE was performed using a 0.7 mm motorised sharp punch at low RPM.

The graft breakdown was as follows:

Singles 700

Doubles 1370

Triples 700

I designed a conservative hairline without closing the temples to prevent the patient from running into trouble if hair loss progresses. Custom made pre-cut surgical blades of 0.5, 0.6 and 0.8 mm were used to perform sagittal incisions. About 2400 grafts were used at the front and the rest were placed lightly at the crown.

The patient surprisingly contacted us at 5 months with the following after photos mentioning that he didn't think he saw any improvement!

BEFORE AND 5 MONTHS AFTER

buzyazilim_NDc5.jpg

buzyazilim_NDgw.jpg

buzyazilim_NDgx.jpg

buzyazilim_NDgy.jpg

buzyazilim_NDgz.jpg

buzyazilim_NDg0.jpg

Ali Emre Karadeniz, MD (Dr. K)

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Big changes at only 5 months! I agree he should think about a haircut. He's well on his way to looking fantastic.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

If this isn't a classic representation of how our own self image can be distorted then I don't know what is. I've met patients in person where I'm holding a copy of their before picture, where they were completely bald, and a year later I'm holding a copy of a photo I just took to show them the actual difference and they have just looked at me like I was crazy, meanwhile in my hands I'm holding images of what some would assume were two different people because the difference was so black & white.

Regardless, it's a stand up result for five months and I'm looking forward to the continued progress for him. Well done, doc! Say hi to the ladies for me:)

Thanks all for your input.

I was very surprised to receive these photos from the patient after hearing that he wasn't happy with the progress so far. I am hoping that he will improve more in the coming months.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Dr. Karadeniz,

I can't imagine why the patient isn't happy with his progress to date. Clearly there is significant growth and he is still in the very early stages of growth. Perhaps if he is unhappy his expectations of what can be realistically accomplished are a bit skewed. However, perhaps he should visit this discussion forum so the patient community can provide him with reassurance and information on what to expect. After all, hair transplant surgery isn't a miracle regrowth cure, it's simply supply versus demand and moving as much hair as possible from a small area to a larger balding area to provide maximum fullness and density.

Great work!

Best wishes,

Bill

If this isn't a classic representation of how our own self image can be distorted then I don't know what is. I've met patients in person where I'm holding a copy of their before picture, where they were completely bald, and a year later I'm holding a copy of a photo I just took to show them the actual difference and they have just looked at me like I was crazy, meanwhile in my hands I'm holding images of what some would assume were two different people because the difference was so black & white.

Regardless, it's a stand up result for five months and I'm looking forward to the continued progress for him. Well done, doc! Say hi to the ladies for me:)

So, are these people just unhappy with the density or what? I've heard stories of such people.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dr. Karadeniz,

I can't imagine why the patient isn't happy with his progress to date. Clearly there is significant growth and he is still in the very early stages of growth. Perhaps if he is unhappy his expectations of what can be realistically accomplished are a bit skewed. However, perhaps he should visit this discussion forum so the patient community can provide him with reassurance and information on what to expect. After all, hair transplant surgery isn't a miracle regrowth cure, it's simply supply versus demand and moving as much hair as possible from a small area to a larger balding area to provide maximum fullness and density.

Great work!

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but the link you have to your H&W HT procedure write-up doesn't work. Would you mind ending me a link, I. Would love to read about your experience with them.

Thanks

So, are these people just unhappy with the density or what? I've heard stories of such people.

Hi Spanker,

In most cases they are unhappy with density, coverage, angles, direction or anything else you can dream up. Anyone else looking at the same result would see a miracle before their eyes but the patient sometimes can never be happy with the best hair transplant on the planet and I suspect in some cases they would not be happy with their own original hair. It is rare but it happens and it points to larger issues being involved.

Out of interest doc, what is your ratio of FUT : FUE patients ?

It is about 80% FUE and 20% FUSS.

RecedingTide, irishsailor, stinger99, darlinglocks, thank you for your comments.

Dr. Karadeniz,

Great work!

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you Bill.

You are right; patients who don't educate themselves by reading forums, don't know what to expect from a hair transplant which sometimes results in complaining in situations when most of us would be quite happy.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey

Personally I think it's a personality type, there's another guy on here I won't mention his name who went with Dr Rahal, in my opinion his result turned out pretty good but his expectation of what could be achieved was not possible, he probably didn't even need a transplant which fits in with a comment form above he was probably never happy with his original hair this type of character must be every doc's nightmare.

By the way i'm not saying this guy is that type but they're definitely out there

Dr Karadeniz is definitely one of the leading docs in Turkey. This is a result that has indeed yielded well and there is a distinct change based in his prior pics. This is based on this patients actual extensive level of hairloss. 2770 grafts went a long way for this guy. Very careful use of donor grafts and smart placement. No wastage. Outstanding Dr Karadeniz. It is hard work that pays off. I believe Dr Karadeniz does all the work and his results show it.

If there is anything wrong its the Pts eye sight.

People like this have no business doing HT because the best Dr, hair donor or whatever it still be no good.

He proberly ask for a refund at 12mths.

Dr Karadeniz is definitely one of the leading docs in Turkey. This is a result that has indeed yielded well and there is a distinct change based in his prior pics. This is based on this patients actual extensive level of hairloss. 2770 grafts went a long way for this guy. Very careful use of donor grafts and smart placement. No wastage. Outstanding Dr Karadeniz. It is hard work that pays off. I believe Dr Karadeniz does all the work and his results show it.

Thank you, Sean.

Did the decision to go for FUE over FUSS come from the patient side or from yourself Dr. K? Was there any explicit reason FUE was chosen?

I try to discuss both options in every patient unless they clearly state that they are interested in only one of them. However, patients seeking a hair transplant in Turkey almost always want FUE. I did discuss both options with this patient and he decided to stick with FUE. His characteristics were favourable for a successful FUE procedure so we moved forward with it. With the results so far it seems to have been a great decision.

AEK Hair Institute

Istanbul, Turkey