4 surgeries and 8600 grafts! Dr. Pong, Dr. Panine, and Dr. Bhatti.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thread this

Personally I think your hair looks great

Your thread really shows the limitations of a HT in that with high norwoods that 'DenseDream' is pretty much beyond being realistic, if only we all could get 20/30k grafts!!

You have come a long long way mate, you have been through a hell of a lot with the stresses and strains of getting this thing done (times 3)!! you look great IMO

Hi densedream,

If you could start all over again, before the first procedure, knowing what you know now, what would you do?

How much did you spend on all procedures combined? (if you don't mind me asking).

Hi densedream,

If you could start all over again, before the first procedure, knowing what you know now, what would you do?

How much did you spend on all procedures combined? (if you don't mind me asking).

If I could do it all over again I would have waited until 30 years to do any surgeries. I would have also went for a FUE, probably with Dr. Bhatti the quality/price ratio is great. With beard grafts and body hair FUE can accomplish a lot. I could then shave my hair to a 3-4 blade is things got really bad in the future. Now I am stuck with a giant wrap around scar as can be seen in my photos. Dr. Bhatti did repair it with beard grafts so it does look better, but I will never be able to shave to under 3-4 blade.

1st Dr Pong - $3200

2nd Dr. Panine - $9,000

3rd Dr. Panine - Free

4th Dr. Bhatti - $3000

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd share some pics with wet hair. Wow wet hair is scary really shows the thinning hardcore. My mid scalp is thinning and that's my new reality... I hope between my beard and what's left of my donor, I'll be able to address what falls out in the future. Is the cure still 10 years out??lol A few dry pics show an area in my part that looks bad still even after all the grafts.

I'm 10 months post-op Dr. Bhatti BTW

IMG_0427.jpg.719a12de0ab6d89020279ce7b29130a0.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg.9f6105ca55a2ba403dcbc4d1c323fef7.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg.3d3977d1d64201d39e90f28dde07930b.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg.3b32145cd8f4f1f632c2f82b4bb3c6ad.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg.87e4e113c5bb2fa7fb5e7e5533404333.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg.17721b4d3a82f8b07cec816d22078fe9.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg.6c29fe3fbbc1fe43e3c3d10e4131d0a0.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg.bc1ca9ff8e8e25de04475b501da0c786.jpg

Densedream,

I read through your previous posts and whilst you have had a lot of grafts especially into the crown under normal lighting your hair looks great. I do agree with others that chasing a dream of full density into the crown was probably unrealistic and Dr Beehner advised that at the time. I can understand your frustrations after so many grafts and being consistent on Propecia.

Taking photos with wet hair under bathroom spotlighting is only going to lead to disappointment and is not a realistic way to judge the true state of your hair. I don't think you should be looking for the next surgery to address the mid scalp until you really need it and hopefully that day won't happen. Keep your grafts in reserve for now I think you need a break from surgeries for now. All the best you are looking good.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks Garageland for your reply. There has been a lot of frustration indeed and I never imagined that this is how the road would lead but I am happy overall even though I've been through so much. My hair does look ok dry and styled with a bit of Caboki. The pics I posted are the worst possible reflection of the hair because I wanted to see the scenario without sugar coating it to see where my hair could be heading

I am not getting a surgery anytime soon at all, I don't have the money to blow and it has been an unhealthy obsession for the past 5 years of my life. I'm going to enjoy my hair for what it is even though it's not as perfect as my unrealistic expectations. Dr. Beehner gave me such sound advice years ago and everything he said is happening. Let this be a lesson to other forum members who get advice from doctors with history and wisdom. Some of them have your best interest in mind,

Your donar looks fairly thick still and your hair in the second photo (of your front profile) looks great, as Garageland says bright bathroom lights are not flattering and would highlight thin areas in most men I would say.

Your donar looks fairly thick still and your hair in the second photo (of your front profile) looks great, as Garageland says bright bathroom lights are not flattering and would highlight thin areas in most men I would say.

Yeah I saw a photo of my hair in natural light from a distance and it didn't even look like I was balding so this photos show the worse it looks. After swimming or the beach is when it would look then and shitty but to many it's better than being totally bald. My donor is still pretty thick considering how much has already beed harvested. I get the friar tuck look when it grown bc the sides are so much thicker than the top. I think I have about 3000 left FUE plus beard hair. So I'll keep that in the bank until I'm 40 and reassess the situation^^

Your head shape looks good for a buzz cut & just a thought buzz it down have temp SMP all over the scalp esp the thinner areas & see how that looks...you never know that could work because I've a feeling with you that its the scalp showing which bother you more than the density.

But like garageland said give your scalp a rest for any future HT & again maybe have a chat with your Dr about Dut or a combo fin/Dut & see what the next 1/2 yrs is like.

Just food for thought there buddy.

Great post for the young bucks out there.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm almost one year post op from my 4th Surgery with Dr. Bhatti. I can say that I am very satisfied. The beard FUE into my FUT scar grew remarkably well and I can now cut my hair shorter without the scar being obvious. My hair dresser even had trouble finding it when before it was as clear as day. My temple points are much more defined as well as the middle of the hairline.

Mid scalp thinning which was my main reason for getting surgery has been greatly reduced. For the amount of money spent and results obtained, this has been my best surgery. If only I knew about Dr. Bhatti from the get go,I would have more money in my pocket and more hair on my head. That is why this forum is so important and I greatly appreciate it's existence. It helps us seek out the best solution for our insecurities. Thanks Dr. Bhatti and HRN!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes most doctors do you a tricophytic closure in which the hair grows through the scar ideally. Unfortunately it did not work well in my case after my 2nd FUT. My first doctor (Dr. Pong) made a beautiful trico scar that was barely detectable at a 2 -3 blade cut. The second FUT was bigger for more grafts (different doctor) and did not turn out as well. Dr. Bhatti repaired that scar with beard grafts and it looks better now when I cut it short. It's just one of the risk with FUT. No guarantee for a great scar. But the good news is the FUE into the scar can work.

Yes most doctors do you a tricophytic closure in which the hair grows through the scar ideally. Unfortunately it did not work well in my case after my 2nd FUT. My first doctor (Dr. Pong) made a beautiful trico scar that was barely detectable at a 2 -3 blade cut. The second FUT was bigger for more grafts (different doctor) and did not turn out as well. Dr. Bhatti repaired that scar with beard grafts and it looks better now when I cut it short. It's just one of the risk with FUT. No guarantee for a great scar. But the good news is the FUE into the scar can work.

So, did Dr. Panine comment as to why the scar looks like that? That certainly doesn't look like a tricophytic closure, unless it stretched.

I had about 100 beard grafts I think. The beard grafts were taking from under the chin. If I grow my facial hair for a day or two I can see where the hairless parts are if I look closely. Just looks like white skin. It's not noticeable to anyone. My scar no blends in with my other hair, before I could lift up my hair on the side and find it in 2 seconds. Now I can define where it is. I'm sure if I had 1-2 blade I could see it easier but I never cut it that short. I'll try to get some photos up soon.

please go for the 11,000 graft, Im sure that would some kind of record..... think of the hits you'd get on youtube with a title "11,000 grafts HT journey" you'd be famous in no time at all.... take care !

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

• 1 year later...

Densedream, you certainly make great contributions to this site. Thanks. I came back to this thread after reading some of your more recent posts in the hope of seeing how your fourth with Dr. Bhatti worked out. Also, did you ever try the fin/dut combo suggested earlier in this thread. Just wondering why that makes sense?

Thanks Mountinvan

I never did the DUT, still on 1.25 of proscar every other day.

Here are some pics of my current situation.

This is 2 years after Dr. Bhatti. My scar is better and hard to find at all. But with that said, I can't go below a #4 blade bc you can still see the indention of the scar. You can see the smiley face shape. Still better than before. I think my hairline looks a little harsh and I have some nearly bald areas still in crown even though I've had a crazy amount of grafts there. But I'm done putting anything back there.

I'm going to consult with Dr. Yaman and see if I can soften up the hairline and add density where he thinks it's possible. Not sure if my donor is even good enough but I've had in person consultation and some doctors said I have 3-4000 grafts.

IMG_1594.thumb.JPG.bc8a61bc8a60db90832ac6462e8c86b0.JPG

IMG_1596.thumb.JPG.854c287a221865add74aa12a532582a2.JPG

IMG_1598.thumb.jpg.decf91b3308200978da561952cacc184.jpg

IMG_1599.thumb.JPG.2de9799508298d4887e1fe1585a7ef16.JPG

IMG_1602.thumb.JPG.70085720744e20d28e74721f31f23248.JPG

IMG_1603.thumb.JPG.e0a18a5b8f173082507008b53c122499.JPG

Thanks Mountinvan

I never did the DUT, still on 1.25 of proscar every other day.

Here are some pics of my current situation.

This is 2 years after Dr. Bhatti. My scar is better and hard to find at all. But with that said, I can't go below a #4 blade bc you can still see the indention of the scar. You can see the smiley face shape. Still better than before. I think my hairline looks a little harsh and I have some nearly bald areas still in crown even though I've had a crazy amount of grafts there. But I'm done putting anything back there.

I'm going to consult with Dr. Yaman and see if I can soften up the hairline and add density where he thinks it's possible. Not sure if my donor is even good enough but I've had in person consultation and some doctors said I have 3-4000 grafts.

Hi Densedream,

I have been following your case. You seem to be happy with Dr. Bhatti's work. So, why are you considering Dr Yaman over Dr. Bhatti? Is that Dr. Yaman is better than Dr. Bhatti or some other reason.

Cheers

V

When you said if you could do it over again, you would have gone directly to Dr. Bhatti, do you mean that you wish you had never had FUT done and had done all FUE? Has your FUT scar been your biggest regret?