Just Over 12mths Post Op Dr Jose Lorenzo

Finally managed to upload an update. These pics were taken just over 12 months post op with Dr Jose Lorenzo, when he was at Farjo Institute. As you can see the result is great and I'm very pleased with how my hair is maturing. :)

1.jpg.3dbce4dfd81af40781c5f55380704133.jpg

2.jpg.0970a5d7554c97e8e56e2f87b7d33226.jpg

3.jpg.45e0ca00dd3c2b6639bc64e9c8b41e87.jpg

4.jpg.648200c981bcf28ef7503e4131e36341.jpg

untitled.jpg.e7f765e2ebeedd61aa8b7da3f0dfacc2.jpg

What a result - you must be happy.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

That sir is one of the best results I have ever seen !! And with only 2.5 k grafts !! I would be interested to know how much of this result is down to what appears to be an excellent donor or the cherry picking by dr lorenzo ? Would any of the turkish doctors be able to achieve these results , or is it a case of you get what you pay for :) I'm still stuck between dr erdogan vs dr lorenzo :/

That sir is one of the best results I have ever seen !! And with only 2.5 k grafts !! I would be interested to know how much of this result is down to what appears to be an excellent donor or the cherry picking by dr lorenzo ? Would any of the turkish doctors be able to achieve these results , or is it a case of you get what you pay for :) I'm still stuck between dr erdogan vs dr lorenzo :/

Hands down Dr.Lorenzo, Its not the cherry picking its the skill of this great doc.

Looks fantastic, bet you can't keep the smile off your face when you see your new hair in the mirror. I have just come back from Madrid having my second Ht with Dr Lorenzo, I can't fault anything the guy does. I think it is great that he loves his craft so much.

Stellar result! Congratulations!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I agree , but what is the trick ? I reckon the turkish des would have put closer to 3500 to achieve this result ? Is it the cherry picking of higher number grafts ? Growth rate ??? I'm dumbfound by lorenzos results with what appears less grafts ? Is he placing grafts at a lesser density so it gives an illusion of coverage !? Either way this is an incredible result

, would love to see a wet hair pick ?

I agree , but what is the trick ? I reckon the turkish des would have put closer to 3500 to achieve this result ? Is it the cherry picking of higher number grafts ? Growth rate ??? I'm dumbfound by lorenzos results with what appears less grafts ? Is he placing grafts at a lesser density so it gives an illusion of coverage !? Either way this is an incredible result

, would love to see a wet hair pick ?

There's no trick. He's just an exceptionally good proponent of FUE who produces results on a par with the best FUT docs. The Turkish docs are good but not on the same level as him IMO.

Many thanks for your positive comments. You certainly do get what you pay for. That's the reason I chose Dr Lorenzo. The results I saw prior to surgery were a no brainier for me. I'm very very happy indeed with the result and it does make me feel a lot younger whilst my self conscious negative feel, has gone completely. A top top surgeon and a fantastic bloke too.

I did have a few 3's 4's and even 5's from my donor area, which certainly helps thicken the hair and the hairline is very natural. My confidence is way above what it used to be so, anyone contemplating an HT, I'd say go fo it. I've not regretted it for a second.

Thanks densedream. It certainly has paid off mate.

Hello buddy.

I Think it looks fantastic.

I have considered lorenzo for a great While now to correct my latest bad HT.

- did you see Any change after 9-10 Month in growth ?

- is it possible to see some pictures with your hair wet and messed up a bit in the front?

- do you know at what density your transplanted area is? 40-50cm/2?

- do you know if lorenzo thinks its ok to cut the reciepted area after 1 Month?

Edited by johnny2000

Really happy for you , it's threads/results like this which make me think another year saving will get me to see lorenzo , out of interest what were the docs thoughts on you not being on meds ? He seems to be very pro finasteride prior to carrying out surgery , what were his thoughts on your future loss and did he find miniaturisation in other areas of your scalp that would indicate future loss ? A wet hair pic would be great for us guys to get a feel for the kind of density dr L was able to achieve with his magic wand (choi pen) ;):P

Johnny2000 - after 9-10 months the hair had completely regrown. Not much different to the pics really, maybe a bit thicker at 12 months than at 10, but hardly noticeable. After one month, the donor site and recipient site had healed completely. ( look at my profile pics 1 month post op) so yes, I suppose you could get your hair cut. I'm not sure what my hair density is, but if I look at the recipient site to existing hair it's pretty damn the same.

Wibbles180- I tried fin for 3 months pre op but got side affects so stopped. He had no issues with me not continuing to use it post op either. My rate of hair loss was gradual over a few years and was only at the front. I suppose I'm at the age were hair loss was slowing to re point where maybe I wasn't to lose what I had left? I'm not sure. Anyway, I've not used meds since and my hair is as the pics, at 16 months post op.

I'll post pics showing it wet soon. Cheers