Graft Count: 3321

Hair Count: 6655

1.jpg.8891fa7b465b049fe01e57e124addc8d.jpg

2.jpg.fa6d3536c2bac543cbda6579cc36299f.jpg

IMG_4754.jpg.5dc0248c0dc36603dfc422e328400b03.jpg

IMG_0178.JPG.2411287aaf836d5c0d5e294dda68f147.JPG

IMG_4791.jpg.78d64d36578abd10af51c5103f46a509.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg.72cc38833e8c9a61b646e5d07dbba74c.jpg

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

Nice job. That persistent forelock always helps make a solid result.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Overall I'd say this was OK. I think there was a minor issue with yield. In the final result his center forelock looks solid, but that's probably because most of that is his pre-existing hair. Fanning out from the center, the hairline looks a little on the light side, even for having some gel in his hair. This is me being very critical... it's pretty subtle, but there.

In the above shot you can see scalp shining through in various areas in the transplanted zone. For 3321 grafts in that area I would have expected a better illusion 14 months post op from Rahal.

Overall I'd say this was OK. I think there was a minor issue with yield. In the final result his center forelock looks solid, but that's probably because most of that is his pre-existing hair. Fanning out from the center, the hairline looks a little on the light side, even for having some gel in his hair. This is me being very critical... it's pretty subtle, but there.

In the above shot you can see scalp shining through in various areas in the transplanted zone. For 3321 grafts in that area I would have expected a better illusion 14 months post op from Rahal.

I think we have all gotten a bit spoiled :)

Great result!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I think we have all gotten a bit spoiled :)

Great result!!

I agree. To the point where it may be unhealthy for expectations of future patients.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree. To the point where it may be unhealthy for expectations of future patients.

My opinion is relative to other results I've seen, so I wouldn't say my expectation is unrealistic. Rahal himself has had better hairline results. I'm not saying this is a bad result, but just OK. Like a 6-7 out of ten.

I think it is more helpful to be critical of results posted by doctors, than it is to walk on egg shells. And I'm not just talking about the outcome itself, but also how it is presented. If everything half decent posted by doctors receives raive feedback, there's less incentive to provide better documentation and even better results.

If I was just starting to learn about HTs and was viewing this thread, personally I would find it more helpful to know that while this is a pretty good result, it probably could have been even better. And of course I would like to see media indicative of the actual result with proper comparisons of before and after. Not saying this case had that problem, but it is nonetheless a problem I see too often.

My opinion is relative to other results I've seen, so I wouldn't say my expectation is unrealistic. Rahal himself has had better hairline results. I'm not saying this is a bad result, but just OK. Like a 6-7 out of ten.

I think it is more helpful to be critical of results posted by doctors, than it is to walk on egg shells. And I'm not just talking about the outcome itself, but also how it is presented. If everything half decent posted by doctors receives raive feedback, there's less incentive to provide better documentation and even better results.

If I was just starting to learn about HTs and was viewing this thread, personally I would find it more helpful to know that while this is a pretty good result, it probably could have been even better. And of course I would like to see media indicative of the actual result with proper comparisons of before and after. Not saying this case had that problem, but it is nonetheless a problem I see too often.

Your points are fair but you really have to take into account photography of results being presented (as you mentioned) and also the characteristics of the donor hair and recipient side. This was planted into a some pure bald areas, and there was a hairline that was done, which takes a lot of ones to do, so you are going to have a higher number of grafts vs the visual result that you might want when compared to the grafts used. Had this been transplanted into existing hair, or had it not been a hairline case, I would agree with you, but I would bet that this is a significant area covered, and completely bald areas do not cover easily. Had his hair been combed and not styled up, you would not see as much scalp most likely, and I think that the case is a good example of what most people could expect. Perfection is a lofty goal, especially in one sitting. Transplanted density is not natural density due to supply and demand and I think that this case illustrates that well. I have some doubt that there was a yield problem here, but that this is how he was transplanted. When doing hairline work plus more of the scalp, 3300 is not a large amount of grafts by any means. Also, 3300 on one person can look very different than 3300 on another, but that does not mean that yield is low or that the clinic could have done something better (besides plant more grafts, which may or may not have been available),

View Spanker's Website

Rootz, Keep in mind too, this wasn't just a hairline job, there were grafts planted behind the hairline. I do agree that there are some thinner spots in the hairline, but I doubt these will jump out to the naked eye as much as they do under the camera lens (which has a tendency to really highlight thinning spots as we all know).

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 8 months later...

Hi

Just want to say I am the guy in these pictures and want to add that I am extremely happy with my result. Dr Rahal exceeded my expectations and Im grateful for that. At 45 i have a lot more hair than i did when i was 35. I dont think about my hair loss anymore, i can style it anyway i want and I leave my hat at home. This was one of the best decisions I have made.

Edited by petey99

I get both sides of the argument here. I'd also imagine if you just show a normal head from above you'd see through in areas, much the way we freak out when we see wet HTs.

It might not be perfect from above but if you look at the front and side after pics, for the most part that is how every day people will experience him.

Hi

Just want to say I am the guy in these pictures and want to add that I am extremely happy with my result. Dr Rahal exceeded my expectations and Im grateful for that. At 45 i have a lot more hair than i did when i was 35. I dont think about my hair loss anymore, i can style it anyway i want and I leave my hat at home. This was one of the best decisions I have made.

Super. I think it looks great. All that matters is that YOU are happy with the result. I am about your age and I am in month 4. I hope to be as happy as you are about the decision. I have had an above-average first few months, so I remain upbeat about everything.

There are a lot of picky people out here, and sometimes I am one of them. Truth is we balding people probably analyze hair much, much more than the general population, so it doesn't surprise me to see lots of over-analysis on the results.

Really glad to hear of that news mate! Nothing better than the ability to style yourself instead of

masking under a hat. Any new pictures you could bump us with?

Cheers

Mike

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hi

There is nothing to discuss anymore. This means your operation fulfilled its duty :) Good luck.

Petey99 -- for what its worth -- not knowing anything else about how your face looks ---- just seeing that hair makes me think I am looking at someone with age in his early 30s at max . So, if you were able to shave 10+ years off your actual age , thats a pretty good return on your investment . What other cosmetic surgery can compete with that : )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------