FUE scars normal or large?

ilhwan

Had two surgeries:

1) 2500 FUE ~2012

2) 1000 FUE ~2013

My questions are:

1) Are the FUE scars larger than the average?

2) Were the results worth it? I had receding hairline along the temples.

Many thanks everyone.

IMG_20140525_043002_077.jpg.90188d6aa1794318a5a1edf14827f879.jpg

IMG_20140525_043009_374.jpg.30de7ccc8ce1498a57c90379f074f9e0.jpg

IMG_20140525_043031_271.jpg.2f0a006915043628c114822e3a5e469d.jpg

IMG_20140525_043124_128.jpg.33540a1b02f319dc0f2115c77a273e84.jpg

IMG_20140525_043138_383.jpg.03de4e0f7493bdf937acda4c0e44d5ec.jpg

Sorry to say those punches/scarring look way too large. Also, without a before picture it's tough to tell how many actually grew, but I would say you should have a much denser hairline for that number of grafts if all were used in that area. Who was your surgeon?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

From the over 30 FUE cases that I have seen with the head shaved I would say this is normal. I have seem 2 that were smaller and a few that were bigger but this is the normally they all appear to look like this.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

hard to say as you are cutting your hair extremely short, I'd like to see how it looks at a little bit longer length

there's always going to be some (obvious) scarring even with FUE, and you have to compromise by keeping it a bit longer

however, a few sessions of SMP could also help to disguise it more if you really want/need to cut the back that short

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I agree that smp would be your best bet to keep your hair that short. That was a lot of grafts taken from a small area. I would say that it is a bit worse tthan average but for an area that small and 3500 grafts taken, it's not surprising at all considering how short your cut is. Was it worth it? That's something only you can decide. You aren't wearing your hair in a manor that will best serve your ht, it he donor or the recipient area.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Considering the pretty significant number of grafts extracted it does not look terrible. It is noticeable, but not disfiguring. I agree that smp should help tremendously to camouflage the white dots. Then again, your hair is very aggressively short in the back.

As for your doctor, his name has come up before and I do not believe it was in a positive light.

Guest shreyas24

Hi, thank you for posting good images for getting somewhat information about HT, because i am newbie in this forum.

Larger than average sadly. Not the worst FUE scars I have seen though, far from it. It does look like the extraction patterns were not as calculated as they could have been with some areas in the safe zone untouched while adjacent areas nearby over-harvested. It is possible that too large of a punch was used also. Not the worst FUE scarring I have seen, but not the best either. You could probably get away with a grade 2 clipper and show very little to no signs of surgical intervention. A photo(s) of your hair prior to any surgery would be needed to make the best possible analysis of yield.

As has been mentioned before, it's impossible to tell if the outcome yield is good/fair/bad without pre-op photos. Your pics were also taken at two different times, correct?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• 1 month later...

Negative. All were taken at the same time (two years post op). I was not balding too badly... I would say Norwood Class II. All those grafts were placed in the temples (primarily the left, as it was worse than the right). Seeing other results, it seems that only 1500 grafts were needed...

My concerns lie in the aftermath of the donor area. If I chose to have another surgery by a board certified doctor, do I have enough grafts to go around or am I **** out of luck? Many thanks for all the helpful responses!