Dr. Bisanga 2502 FUE in Feb 2014

I've been visiting this site for about a year and it has helped me tremendously in my research and decision to do my HT which I had on Feb 24, 2014.

I'm in my mid 40s and my objectives were to create density on top and frame my existing mature hairline. I want to be more conservative in my ht restoration. I left the crown as it is for the moment.

My experience with Dr. Bisanga and BHR have been outstanding! He really listens and looks after his patient's interests. Everyone there is friendly and they really have addressed my concerns pre and post op.

I'm posting my preop, postop day1, day11 and day 18.

before1.jpg.56931a821908dad07c7a9cfe781db675.jpg

before2.jpg.90f30f4ffcb1594b0ba70f0a6863dddf.jpg

before3.jpg.95f7a4e6f1ac2ce0836f156dcf06884b.jpg

after_day1_right.jpg.9a867bf7a23b8152efaa0555ac7e24a4.jpg

after_day1_left.jpg.30724e6e78a598df10c2a8ac04e966b2.jpg

after_day1_top.jpg.ae937974270b3104919d873c9dc323a4.jpg

after_day1_back.jpg.3731ca9eeff73bb8e36f897e517a581d.jpg

day11_back.jpg.e43da5033697422ec10abe8aee0d175b.jpg

day11_right.jpg.9a4a22031eac4d93c97bc4cf52e7d3da.jpg

day11_left.jpg.ffc58e81666462b6b7be875256919e4c.jpg

day11_top.jpg.46aa3983aaa522d383e1ca3df0fa5355.jpg

day18_top.jpg.9f1c2d22772bd6be76ff3d9c7f180ed0.jpg

day18_topright.jpg.ab0c5994a28fe64757cb67a98ed1ee29.jpg

day18_topleft.jpg.2d228f81ec1aab26757108e37fb23c23.jpg

day18_back.jpg.136de47e38672e38d706cdc3829014d3.jpg

congrats, the work looks really refined and I like the fact that you decided to stay conservative and within your existing hairline, I think it will make your end result look so much better and natural, best wishes

Good for you "Watchitgrow"! You have a lot to look forward to! I had over 5,000 grafts and my donor area post-surgery looked very similar to yours. Looks like your Doc did a fine job!

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 7 months later...

I don't get? 2500 grafts and the temples are left untouched? he will still look balding even if every graft grows. not a good result. maybe thats what the patient wanted but it makes the Dr. look like an amateur.

From the patient comment in this thread that Dr.B listens to his patients then I would assume the design was agreed upon at consultation and within wishes of the patient and in fact he states his goals here in this thread also as the following "create density on top and frame my existing mature hairline"

The patient's age (mid 40s from what I read here), donor density, loss potential etc all play a part in the design and temple closure lower would have meant far more graft distribution to the front and then not covering back as far as we did with the numbers so personally on this case I can see why the design was such and in line with his defined goals also.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

i really hope he does update. and id be curious to ask him why he hasnt so far. we always wonder why people dont update. is it really that they are so happy with their result that they move on with life and dont bother coming back, or is it because they have a bad result. very curious about that.

I purposely stayed away from visiting this website in order to avoid comparing my results with others and getting anxious in the process. I also got busy with work and life in general. Today, I'm almost at my 9 month mark, 5 days shy. My initial goal of increasing the density of my top front side is shaping up! This was the game plan that Dr. Bisanga and I agreed upon and he thought it was the smart approach. I didn't mind leaving my temples high in exchange for a fuller top front side and mature hairline.I can say that I'm satisfied with my progress. The quality of the transplanted hair is a bit wiry and I know it will thicken eventually as it matures. I'm using virgin coconut oil to treat my dry scalp and it's working!

I'm thankful that I did this HT, it helped turn back a little bit of time. I'm glad I chose the right doctor!

Now, I'm just waiting to see the full effect when I hit the 15 month mark. Next, I might be considering HT for my crown, which was already thinning from the start. I better start saving!

9months_frontside.jpg.f68e1514602779f9b4e99e4fcb6e6306.jpg

9months_rightside.jpg.7e19ff5b75cfea3fe0afd0ae166796fd.jpg

9months_leftside.jpg.4c399e67acf923b44d53df3c6a8b0112.jpg

I don't get? 2500 grafts and the temples are left untouched? he will still look balding even if every graft grows. not a good result. maybe thats what the patient wanted but it makes the Dr. look like an amateur.

I can see your point of view. My initial thoughts were similar. But this is a conservative and safe approach, a suitable hairline as this guy gets older and safe-guarding for further hairloss. Not the top result I've seen, but pretty good. Overall it's a solid foundation for a second HT in the future.

Hi watchitgrow and thank you for updating your case.

I think looking very nice already and as said the hair coarseness is a bonus for sure but with your hair type there are naturally lower groupings of hairs per follicular unit, so there is give and take.

A fairly large area covered and I personally think the right approach also as now the next stage will be to then go into the crown and concentrate on going backwards.

The hair will refine more as it cycles and at under 9 months growth still to come.

It is never easy for a patient to post a case and most simply do not from my experience and for many reasons some of which you mentioned also so thank you for being willing to share and look forwards to the final result and then the next stage for you.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I can see your point of view. My initial thoughts were similar. But this is a conservative and safe approach, a suitable hairline as this guy gets older and safe-guarding for further hairloss. Not the top result I've seen, but pretty good. Overall it's a solid foundation for a second HT in the future.

What you have to realise with hair transplants is no one generally comes out of Them with more hair than you had before hair loss had started as MBP is progressive.

So you have guys like this who probably had recessed temples like this since teens or before

Are never going to have enough donor for Norwood 1 hairlines and to cover the rest of their loss. It's a numbers game and you have to be smart and careful with your numbers .

This is good planning and he can easily have 2 more procedures to see him set long term.

Wow! This is one of my favorite results i've seen on this site. It looks so natural. I have many similarities to your case: Im asian, similar hair texture, and have about the same diffuse hair loss pattern (although your 'widows peak' so to speak is a little fuller than mine) Only thing is i'm 25. After seeing your results, I would also sacrifice some of my temples to get a more dense hairline/top..although I do want to lower the temples just a tad.

Have you been taking Propecia since the operation? Thats my only problem, I did not respond well to it and had bad sides. My hair continues to fall out and i'm afraid I won't be able to get adequate results like this without taking it fin. Unless I wait till I'm completely bald before having an HT, but then I wont get results nearly as good as this. :/