Liposomol ATP

To All Who Have Inquired:

The liposomal ATP (ATPv) is currently available in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Turkey. If your hair transplant physician does not currently use ATPv, you can have them contact us directly for ordering information. You can also contact us directly and we can work with you and your physician in getting the ATPv available for your next upcoming operation.

Best Regards,

Energy Delivery Solutions

(812) 920-0596

info@energy-delivery-solutions.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very good news to know that it is that readily available.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

ATP,

Please remember that while you are more than welcome to discuss the role of ATP in hair restoration, you are not allowed to use the message boards for promotional use. Because of this, I was forced to edit your above post. If you have any questions regarding our Terms of Service, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you for understanding.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I chose Dr. Cooley because of his efforts in leading HT research for improved results, and this is a great example. One of the respected HT surgeons I interviewed before making my decisions called basically anything like this "mumbo jumbo", which surprised me.

I'm looking forward to my procedure with Dr. Cooley coming up April 17th.

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

Hi KD2020,

Imagine that you are going to receive a liver transplant and you inquired as to how the procedure was going to be conducted. You learn that the transplant team has decided to cut-costs and instead of using say University of Wisconsin (UW) Solution (ViaSpan) that they were going to isolate and transport your donor liver in normal saline. You do a little research and you find out that UW solution, when compared to saline preservation, yields a 90%+ successful liver transplant rate while the saline preserved livers have a 10% success rate. You do a little more research to find out why UW is superior to saline and you find out that it boils down to mainly maintaining intracellular ATP levels and preventing reactive oxygen species formation. Needless to say you are disturbed as to why the transplant team wants to use saline.

The good news is that no cell, tissue, or organ preservation expert/team would ever use a sub-standard preservation method, because they want the best possible outcome. Successful hair transplantation should absolutely be NO different from any other tissue preservation method. As soon as the doctor removes the hair follicles (follicular units) from the scalp, there is an immediate drop in blood flow, oxygen and ultimately ATP. Any solution that can help maintain intracellular ATP levels (e.g., HypoThermosol, UW, Euro-Collins, KPS, and ATPv) is going to combat the loss of ATP, and prevent cell damage/death.

Is this type of thinking "Mumbo Jumbo" or is this actually how all HRS should be conducted? If I were paying $4-9/FU, I would want the surgeon to do everything possible to make sure my implants had the best success of survival. Or maybe it is some of the docs who use saline or substandard preservation technology that want you to get more implants to achieve their desired outcome...

Imagine that you are going to receive a liver transplant and you inquired as to how the procedure was going to be conducted. You learn that the transplant team has decided to cut-costs and instead of using say University of Wisconsin (UW) Solution (ViaSpan) that they were going to isolate and transport your donor liver in normal saline. You do a little research and you find out that UW solution, when compared to saline preservation, yields a 90%+ successful liver transplant rate while the saline preserved livers have a 10% success rate. You do a little more research to find out why UW is superior to saline and you find out that it boils down to mainly maintaining intracellular ATP levels and preventing reactive oxygen species formation. Needless to say you are disturbed as to why the transplant team wants to use saline..

So there are conclusive (percentage) rates of survival for grafts when ATP is used as opposed to when it is not? Because that is basically what you're saying by using this comparison.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

There have been several studies, one conducted by Dr. Beehner, that demonstrated a significant difference between the viability of saline stored vs ATPv stored grafts. There have also been other studies conducted by Dr. Cooley and Dr. Parsley showing denser re-growth. The actual number of follicles that are viable as a result of the procedure is going to vary from doc to doc, but based on our user group feedback to be around 10%. So, in a "typical" HRS you have ~ 1850 grafts x 2.5 surgical procedures = 5159 grafts x 10% = ~560 grafts.

Hi KD2020,

If I were paying $4-9/FU, I would want the surgeon to do everything possible to make sure my implants had the best success of survival. ...

To me, this is why I chose Dr. Cooley. His approaches (ACell, PRP, etc.), while not necessarily the same as other leading HT doctors on this forum, appear to have merit. And at some point in the future may become standard practice - that's what pioneering something new does, it breaks new ground for improved processes and procedures.

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

From what I gathered from one of Dr. Cooley's earlier posts, the noticeable difference is purely observational. I'm not refuting that, but until there are some conclusive clinical studies and numbers akin to your liver transplant comparison, that might explain why some docs call it 'mumbo jumbo.' They are men of science, after all.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Anything that can improve survivorability and corresponding yield is worth it's weight in gold IMHO. So improved oxygenation to tissue, organs, etc can only help if done competently.

I am sure with time, the differences will be documented with clinical substantiation and then presented at their respective workshops and conferences.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 11 months later...

Hi All,

Any update on this, ie exact directions how to use the spray etc? Some people say every 30 mind for the first 48 hrs post op. I'm scheduled to have my transplant with Dr Path in 2 weeks, he is starting to use this but says he may charge an extra fee for the spray, is that normal? Also should the solution be used to keep to bathe the extracted grafts before they're implanted or do most people just use it as a spray post op?

Thanks

From my understanding, doctors and clinics charge extra for this application and depending on the doctor, either application is beneficial whether the solution is applied to the grafts and/or applied post-operatively. Some may even use both approaches.

I would fathom that getting the ingredient into the wound as directly as possible would have the best effect since it facilitates the healing process and survivability.

Gillenator

• 2 weeks later...

Had a 2 day procedure with outstanding surgeon Dr. Jim Harris (Colorado) who used ATP at the conclusion of each day (lots of spraying) and I used it extensively post-op per their instructions (including 2 days with it infused into my scalp with every 2 hour sprays and wearing a shower cap to keep it all extremely moist).

I can't compare to non-ATP use but I have been amazed with my healing in the transplant area and the complete lack of scabbing, which seems to be common with these procedures. Dr. Harris also injects your own spun up blood plasma (super enriched) back into your scalp so I'm sure that is playing a part in a terrific recovery as well.

I know the transplanted hairs generally fall out after 2-3 weeks but I'm 8 days post-op (and still using the last remnants of the ATP) and they are growing very nicely (ATP?) so I'm wondering if they will end up falling out or not. I feel Dr. Harris, in addition to being a remarkably skilled surgeon and super personable guy, used every advancement in hair transplantation surgery to give me the best possible shot at terrific results and I'm thankful for the research that went into developing ATP for hair transplantation.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

ModernHair,

Congrats on your recent procedure and nice to read about your experience with ATP. It sounds like you had a PRP treatment which you stated as your spun up blood plasma. The ATP and PRP are of good benefit to you in the healing process and IMHO, will also promote an optimal yield.

Eventually your grafts will cycle into dormancy however if a larger percent of them remain in the growing phase for now, it would not surprise me. But you do want your grafts to eventually shed because they will again cycle back into the growth phase and that will manifest into a nice end result.

Happy growth to you...;)

Gillenator

• 10 months later...

You're going to read about experiences and opinions, not a verdict.

Everyone responds differently so some will respond favorably from these treatments and some will not.

Gillenator

Not a definitive answer to my knowledge.

The question especially on topical application after a HT is ow it would penetrate to reach the grafts.

However, topical application likely may not hurt the grafts and MAY help. If recommended by your clinic, certainly it may be wise to follow protocol. Also, clinics receiving shipments will likely have stronger quality control in place for the product vs. you trying to get on your own.

You're going to read about experiences and opinions, not a verdict.

Everyone responds differently so some will respond favorably from these treatments and some will not.

We are talking about a solution to hold the grafts while they are outside the body (better than what the conventional Saline liquid does). The spraying of it post op is a secondary use. This can't be left to a hit and trial or luck by chance. If it holds grafts better while they are outside the body then there has to be some proof of it doing better. While experiences of some suggest it works better than saline.

Why then most of the clinics still use saline to hold the grafts? Clearly there is a difference of opinion which has to be driven with lack of evidenc. Otherwise who doesn't want to bet on a winning horse and make their own results better.

I'm 3 days post-op and I am using it - was given to me in 4mL spray bottle by my clinic

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

We are talking about a solution to hold the grafts while they are outside the body (better than what the conventional Saline liquid does). The spraying of it post op is a secondary use. This can't be left to a hit and trial or luck by chance. If it holds grafts better while they are outside the body then there has to be some proof of it doing better. While experiences of some suggest it works better than saline.

Why then most of the clinics still use saline to hold the grafts? Clearly there is a difference of opinion which has to be driven with lack of evidenc. Otherwise who doesn't want to bet on a winning horse and make their own results better.

Yes I agree it's a much better alternative than saline alone as far as prepping the grafts yet the primary addition of Liposomol ATP to the procedure was to improve the vacillation of the tissue and improve yield. That's what the physician who developed it for HT surgery has suggested.

It's still early and also expensive so although some docs may choose to not incorporate it in their procedures, it's still an additional expense above the base cost of the procedure, and some patients choose to not use it.

Gillenator

• 3 months later...

Just had my FUE procedure 3 days ago and was given ATP spray solution to use Post Op

Which I apply every 2 hours. Quite strange as the scabs which had formed from insertion of the grafts seem to be sprouting hair. Now I'm not sure if it's my natural hair pushing it's way through, or if it's the Grafts themselves which are sprouting hair. A bit too early to call but I'll post my progress here.

Additionally, the little holes left from the Donor area seem to be healing very quickly, not sure if this is a result of using ATP or just my body healing very quickly which I find a little strange as I am Diabetic and wounds / cuts generally take a little longer to heal.