• 2 years later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/3/2014 at 10:14 PM, ATP4Hair said:

All wounds (including transplanted hair) are ischemic (decreased blood flow), and when you make a lot of wounds, such as in HRS (i.e., 2000 wounds in the scalp), the tissue looses ATP from the lack of oxygen. Thus, the need for ATP during hair restoration procedures is a very important consideration that makes the difference between a poor outcome and a good outcome. Why is ATP important in HRS? Simple, when the physician removes your hair follicles from your scalp they are immediately cut-off from the blood that was delivering oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicle cells. During this ischemic period, the hair follicle cells begin to lose intracellular ATP, which if left uncorrected, results in death of the hair follicle cells. In many procedures, the ischemic time can exceed 4 hrs from removal to implantation, which results in significant loss of viable hair follicle cells. The end result of this outcome are either non-viable hair follicles or "shocked" follicles that may take months to a year to regrow a hair shaft.

However, that is not the end of the story. When you go home from the transplant procedure, the implanted follicles are still without a source of blood flow and remain ischemic until angiogenesis (formation of blood vessels) is complete, which can be from 3-5 days. This period of ischemia also results in loss of viable hair follicle cells and invariably death of some implanted follicles.

Cutting edge hair restoration surgeons are beginning to understand this as evidenced by the increasing adoption of graft holding solutions and post-operative treatment regimens that address ATP loss.

Hello,

I am looking for supply of liposome encapsulated ATP spray in India? Can you suggest me who can supply it from anywhere in the world. I will bear the transportation cost also. Kindly provide some reference for the same.

Regards,

Sagar N.

India

(+91-9820368001)