My journey: Hair Transplant with Dr Koray Erdogan, 2400 grafts and PRP (08/10/2013)

Yaz89

If see other results of the doctor, them patients do spike their hair. Its personal choice regarding hair style and products

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yaz,

love the results congratulations buddy.

Thanks for sharing

Scott

Thanks Scott!

Yes I can spike my hair up but I don't prefer do. My hair is thick, always has been naturally since I was younger. I couldn't spike my hair then neither I can now. My hair style suits my face. I have never used wax, gel or any other styling products. I look after my hair and I feel chemicals are bad for hair health

It would be great if you could just spike your hair up and take some photos under natural light, just for us to see how it looks. That would be a great way for people too see how transplanted hair looks in reality without actually having to see you in person. Of course its up to you if you want to do it or not :)

• 2 months later...

Holidays booked from work in November for second round with Dr Erdogan for 3000 grafts!

Where is he going to put 3000grafts? You have an excellent head of hair now so you may want to consider keeping some in reserve for the future.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

My first 2400 were not sufficient enough for my loss. When the doctor saw me in person, he stated I needed more than 2400. My current state; I have to maintain a short hair style. Left side is weak. Again, if I grow my hair out, hair from my sides and back of head extends more than my front. I cannot style my hair other than the frontal comb over. Have been on fin since October 2013 and it has halted any shedding I was experiencing. Has also grown and thicken crown and mid scalp. I rather have great hair in my younger days. My donor bank I feel it is very capable for my goals

Edited by Yaz89

Good for you Yaz ! Even through your hair looks great now, but only you and ur doc know your goals so I say go for it !

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Good for you Yaz ! Even through your hair looks great now, but only you and ur doc know your goals so I say go for it !

Thanks Scott for the support. That is right; only I know how my hair is no one else, unless they have seen me in person for an inspection lol. Hope your well

• 3 weeks later...

Have been in touch with Asmed and I have decided to go for the maximum number of grafts they can obtain in 2 days. Which I believe is 5000. If my donor allows 5K to be extracted then I am going for it! The plan is rework the hair line, temples, crown, midscalp. Literally the whole head!

Hey Yaz. I've been reading through your journey and it sounds as though despite having some times where things felt bleak, you're firmly through the worst of your struggles.

I can't comment on your decision to have a further HT so I'll leave that to those more qualified. What I will say is: great result, you deserve it mate! :)

Thanks guys. Its quite late at this time but I will post some recent pics exposing my thin areas and where the extra grafts will be going

Read your thread and your experience at the various stages - great documentation!

And not to mention, fantastic results! idk if you need a second procedure with that head of hair but you know better!

BTW, though it has been a while, any severe pain or discomfort in the first weeks post-op? How long the numbness lasted?

Thanks

Hi Yaz,

You are an inspiration too many of us hair loss sufferers:)

I have a pretty similar pattern of baldness as you did before surgery and i was initially told by Dr. Erdogan that i need 3,600 grafts although they can do the procedure with 2,800.

You wrote that he initially told you that you needed 2,400 grafts but when he examined you that you needed more. How many more did he say you needed?

Also has he recommended 5,000 more grafts? That seems a bit high especially since you already had 2,400 and you look fine, although i completely understand that you want your great hair from your younger days. (We all do ;)) But still 7,400 grafts in 2 years is an amazing amount of grafts and i have only seen people who are almost completely bald get that many grafts. But you and the Dr know best of course.

Also did you notice any benefits from PRP? Any less itching or faster recovery? Would you recommend it?

Thanks and looking forward to your updated pictures!!

Have been in touch with Asmed and I have decided to go for the maximum number of grafts they can obtain in 2 days. Which I believe is 5000. If my donor allows 5K to be extracted then I am going for it! The plan is rework the hair line, temples, crown, midscalp. Literally the whole head!
Edited by FUEAsianHairline

Hey Yaz. I've been reading through your journey and it sounds as though despite having some times where things felt bleak, you're firmly through the worst of your struggles.

I can't comment on your decision to have a further HT so I'll leave that to those more qualified. What I will say is: great result, you deserve it mate! :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Read your thread and your experience at the various stages - great documentation!

And not to mention, fantastic results! idk if you need a second procedure with that head of hair but you know better!

BTW, though it has been a while, any severe pain or discomfort in the first weeks post-op? How long the numbness lasted?

Thanks

Nope, no pain or discomfort at all in the first week. Just general black eyes really. Donor area healed well in 3 weeks and the redness was all gone by the second month. The PRP helped in healing. The numbness lasted for at least 10 months I think? Cannot really remember now as it has been a while

Hi Yaz,

You are an inspiration too many of us hair loss sufferers:)

I have a pretty similar pattern of baldness as you did before surgery and i was initially told by Dr. Erdogan that i need 3,600 grafts although they can do the procedure with 2,800.

You wrote that he initially told you that you needed 2,400 grafts but when he examined you that you needed more. How many more did he say you needed?

Also has he recommended 5,000 more grafts? That seems a bit high especially since you already had 2,400 and you look fine, although i completely understand that you want your great hair from your younger days. (We all do ;)) But still 7,400 grafts in 2 years is an amazing amount of grafts and i have only seen people who are almost completely bald get that many grafts. But you and the Dr know best of course.

Also did you notice any benefits from PRP? Any less itching or faster recovery? Would you recommend it?

Thanks and looking forward to your updated pictures!!

Thank you! I have had a tough time in my teenager and early adult years with battling depression and my hearing loss. Really means a lot.

I did not ask how more I needed but was told the result will still be good with 2400

Thats my own estimate lol. Asmed emailed me a few days ago saying Dr E has said 3000 grafts would be enough for the result I am looking for. I wish to drop my hair line down a bit and fill in the weak right side area. Maybe touch up right temple too.

Yes PRP really helped in healing. The redness has gone by the second month and donor was back to normal in 3-4 weeks. My skin is light brown/tan and it helped

Great result, are you still taking finestride?

Yes have been taking 1/4 of proscar everyday since my transplant. I am plannig to switch to propecia. I feel cutting the pill into four pieces reduces the efficiency of the drug. I rather be safe and take a steady dose of 1mg per day as opposed to cutting the pill into pieces and not knowing the amount of fin entering the body

Updated pics:

It has been 16 month since my hair transplant. I had a haircut last week which the photos are making it seem thinner than it actually is. I find that transplanted hair have a good density if kept at 1.5 or 2 inches in length. From April to December 2014 my hair was looking good. Then I had a dreadful shed during the winter period. Maybe it is a seasonal shed or maybe it’s the fin. I am not really bothered as I know the hair will come back stronger and thicker. I still haven’t reached the 18th month mark yet and maybe the shed indicates the hair will return thicker.

The images are shown under fluorescent light showing how I style my hair and exposing the hair line. The final image shows where I have marked where I hope density can be added in my second round.

Am I happy? Damn, you can say I am! My pre op images are proof of the pudding. But am I satisfied? No I am not. No fault to Asmed and Dr Erdogan. I was told I needed more than 2400 grafts but they have done a remarkable job of giving me hair where I was bald before, despite limited styling options and a bit high hair line it is a success.

The points which bother me: The hair line is far too high. I would prefer a lower hair to accommodate my strong temple points. I also have this natural fringe which you can see from the pics. This ass**** of hairs always lay down and the f***** are thick! I would like the hair line just to be slightly implanted below this section of hair which hopefully will give me the ability to spike or side part my hair.

I was seriously thinking about adding regaine (minxo) to my hair regime but gave up with the idea. Minxo can affect the other hairs around the area where minxo is applied as it gets in the blood stream. If minxo is stopped; bye bye hair. It is a risk I cannot take.

I have been in touch with Asmed and Dr E. And we have agreed on another 3K to be done in November. Knowing Asmed and their graft counts, I will budget for 3.5K grafts. I wish to have one final transplant and be done and dusted with it. I still don’t how much donor I have left but hopefully I wouldn’t need another pass after my next. If I do, maybe in 15-20 years’ time.

1.jpg.fbdd91259cbc666c9a2f5f0ddce18242.jpg

2.jpg.2995897894e540e67b2ab723061d93b6.jpg

3.jpg.3c3898987106cca3f5fa125166ffda8a.jpg

4.jpg.f5d1c900cfda0afb9c2bac3984b55cd7.jpg

5.jpg.9234a66223db5c0c6c2c15a3ab79477a.jpg

6.jpg.c2b216015eb957ae118d10e6149548e0.jpg

7.jpg.9db0788195cd9647b61eddda2409f7a8.jpg

8.jpg.f3a87b05d7cda91d20fa05293b38cb6d.jpg

9.jpg.317094656d96d029b378023ccd2495c7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

wow great wright up. Your hair looks great, you picked a great Dr. I'm considering him for my fue, he did a great job. I was wondering what the price was? And if the flight & hotel were included in the price giving to you. i think i would need at least 5000, if not more then that. Would you happened to know how many grafts can dr koray do in a day. Thank you for any info.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic write up. It was great to be able to read through the emotional struggles of the ugly duckling phase and then to see unbelievable results! I'm so happy for you Yaz and hope your November transplant closes out any imperfections or density gaps. Dr E is on my shopping list!

wow great wright up. Your hair looks great, you picked a great Dr. I'm considering him for my fue, he did a great job. I was wondering what the price was? And if the flight & hotel were included in the price giving to you. i think i would need at least 5000, if not more then that. Would you happened to know how many grafts can dr koray do in a day. Thank you for any info.

Sorry for the late reply. I do not access the forum much these days. He charges 2.50 Euro per graft. Flight and hotel are not included in the price. Dr Koray can do 3000 grafts in 1 day. So 5000 may take 2 days

Fantastic write up. It was great to be able to read through the emotional struggles of the ugly duckling phase and then to see unbelievable results! I'm so happy for you Yaz and hope your November transplant closes out any imperfections or density gaps. Dr E is on my shopping list!

Thank you!