My journey: Hair Transplant with Dr Koray Erdogan, 2400 grafts and PRP (08/10/2013)

Yaz89

Yaz89 I salute your update and documentation. I wish every Turkey HTN patient does that whether with Erdogan or Hakan as most of them stop posting after certain time. Glad to see your hairline growth as planned. Indeed manual FUE is the best.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yaz89 I salute your update and documentation. I wish every Turkey HTN patient does that whether with Erdogan or Hakan as most of them stop posting after certain time. Glad to see your hairline growth as planned. Indeed manual FUE is the best.

Thank you very much Harri my friend! It means a lot coming from you!

It is most likely due to you begin a new member. Carry on leaving comments in other threads until you can reply back to me or contact the moderators to give you access

Hi what an amazing experience! Im only 21 and none of my family suffer hairloss at all, ive lost my temple areas, about 2 years ago, I am not losing any hair onky been improving new little hairs around my hairline, but nothing compared to where I hse to be, im quite new to this and dno where to begin,

I know this might sound stupid but its all new to me, but when you have a hair transplant do you have to take medication for ever? I thought it was just get a hair transplant and look after it like you do your normal hair?

I havent used any treatment or medication because im not losing any hair so didnt want to do more harm then good, plus I read all bad reviews mostly doing more harm then good,

im gona go to my doctor and see what he thinks, but I am considering a hair transplant

Hi what an amazing experience! Im only 21 and none of my family suffer hairloss at all, ive lost my temple areas, about 2 years ago, I am not losing any hair onky been improving new little hairs around my hairline, but nothing compared to where I hse to be, im quite new to this and dno where to begin,

I know this might sound stupid but its all new to me, but when you have a hair transplant do you have to take medication for ever? I thought it was just get a hair transplant and look after it like you do your normal hair?

I havent used any treatment or medication because im not losing any hair so didnt want to do more harm then good, plus I read all bad reviews mostly doing more harm then good,

im gona go to my doctor and see what he thinks, but I am considering a hair transplant

Hi Matt, firstly I apologise for my late reply.

If I be honest with you, I do not feel family history of hair loss will determine whether you will end up bald or not. I believe everyone is different and if we have the baldness gene or not. Best thing if you do notice hair loss, as you say you have, is start taking finasteride or apply regaine foam. Personally, I wouldn't recommend regaine as once you stop using it, any hair which has grown will be lost forever.

Before my hair transplant, my mid-scalp and crown were really weak. I started to take finasteride which Dr Koray recommended. Like you I was scared of the side-effects. Believe it or not, I have experienced no sides at all. My crown and mid scalp is much thicker, darker, filled in. I had a bald spot in the crown and every month it is getting thicker and new hairs are filling in. I have been taking finasteride for nearly 9 months in conjunction with my transplant. Finasteride has to be taken forever in order to maintain the hairs or when one believes its has lost its effectiveness. Finasteride acts by blocking DHT which causes hair loss in the first place. If finasteride is stopped, all hairs grown and all the hairs maintained by finasteride will be gradually lost. Finasteride is not a permanent solution to halt hair loss, it mainly slows it down. Let me give you a example. Prior my transplant and finasteride usage, if I tried pulling some hairs from my head, I would see 10 or 15 hairs coming off. Even having a shower or combing my hair, I would lose a lot of hairs. Now I hardly lose any hairs whilst showering, combing or trying deliberately to pull my hairs out.

You think your hair loss has stopped. The problem is we never know when it starts or ends. Trust me I know about that. Going to the doctor will hardly help unless you do have a condition which is causing your hair loss. I been there and done it. I had blood tests, iron count, and other pointless tests which all came clear.

No doctor with good ethics will perform surgery on you at the young age of 21. Be vary of clinics who promise you false hopes. I take it as your hair line is still intact but you have not hairs at the temples. That's means your maturing as a man. Are you a NW1? If so, it shouldn't be really bothering you at this point of life. My opinion would be get on finasteride, maintain and possibly grow of what you have now, and enjoy your life. Many would agree on this statement. Were here to help.

Month 9 update: Things are still improving, it doesn't end in the 9th month! From judging on my progress, I have a feeling I will see the full potential of my transplant after the 18th month. Many people wanted to see my hair line design and how its growing currently. I have attached several images. Where the hair is combed/ parted sideways, these areas I suspect will fill in gradually. At the moment the only style I can do is the frontal comb over. Besides I have the native fringe which always lays down. This is my final update. I will update again on the 12 month and then again on the 18th month. I feel until I see a great improvement then its worth updating otherwise I don't see the point.

5b32dfb7d0f09_photo1.jpg.d20bcf5ffb35b1649516a4d47e9bce08.jpg

5b32dfb7ded55_photo2.jpg.5dbf52279494be8ab1a73c8f5a4ed7ab.jpg

5b32dfb7ec467_photo3.jpg.3e49a5e86c680724ab588bb9ca9123b4.jpg

5b32dfb80aaa2_photo4.jpg.7579e751927b7bbbe99bf886ea272196.jpg

5b32dfb81986b_photo5.jpg.bb97a463eee97bad25fb7b7b1098720f.jpg

5b32dfb82ff34_photo6.jpg.7caf7d6e70035eafc8700e3d6577d457.jpg

5b32dfb83dc34_photo7.jpg.db02609480315503f3a9dece169ab7b5.jpg

5b32dfb8513e9_photo8.jpg.07567284da62a78b5305600f00907ac0.jpg

5b32dfb86a86c_photo9.jpg.1951e3c71761afd147042cb76d2f087e.jpg

5b32dfb881d51_photo10.jpg.00883f4e6df806061464ca0a0ac201d1.jpg

5b32dfb91760e_photo11.jpg.00a86f9f9ca4a4b7655daad8c47c8de7.jpg

• 2 months later...

hi dear,

i went through 2 surgeries (old technique) with a great surgeon.

he didn't implant that much unfortunately so.. the result is absolutely natural but not dense enough (in my opinion)

i have scheduled a surgery with dr. Koray this fall and i am very much looking forward to that.

anyway.. i wanted to tell you that your result is amazing and you should be proud of it.

it is true, it's a very long process and when they say 1 year... uhm... lucky them !

my growing back process always got close to 100% after 18 months....

so... for the time you have been waiting... it looks SENSATIONAL !!!

Always be positive, Dr Koray has done an amazing job and you look great !

rob

Hi Robyai. Thank you for viewing my thread. Doctor Koray certainly is a good surgeon. You are right growth times affect everyone differently. I wish you well in your surgery. Your in good hands

Hi Yaz,

I just read your whole thread and what a great documentation it has been! I would like to congratulate you and Dr Koray on such a great great result! Just because of this thread i am now seriously considering this procedure with Dr Koray. Would you mind telling me how much the procedure cost you?

Thanks.

Hi Jay. Thanks for viewing my thread. If i can recall correctly, it cost me 6300 Euro at that time. The current pound to euro rate is much higher since last year. 6300 just for the transplant side.

• 2 weeks later...

Yas89, I have read through your entire thread and I must say you have included all the intricate details in there which eliminates so many questions that I had. Because of your thread, I have already decided that Dr. Erdogan is the best FUE surgeon as oppose to my other candidates which include Dr. Demirsoy and Dr. Hakkan.

I still have so many questions but I cannot utilize the pm because I am a new member. Is there any other form of communication to get a hold of you?

If you could write your email address here and i will email you.

• 1 month later...

Hi Yaz

Hows it going?

Have you any progress pics for us? You stated at the 9 month mark that you would update us at the 12 months mark and again at the 18 month mark.

We are overdue that 12 month update ;)

Have things improved, has hair thickened and increased?

We are all very interested to know. Don't leave us hanging Yaz. Your days of hair worry might be over but we need news :D

Greeting to everyone who is concerned about me. Many thanks to the few people who do care. I have been busy with work and enjoying my life. Next week would be 13 months since my hair transplant. The past few months I have stopped worrying about my hair. The main worry was the right side seemed thin and lacking in growth. It has thickened and matured evenly compared to the left side. I suspect I will experience more thickening and maturation of the hair right up to the 18 month mark. I do agree with most docs that the full potential of an hair transplant is visible after the 18 months.

Have also been on fin for 1 year now and have not experienced no sides at all. The old conker is still working! :) Fin has greatly reduced my hair loss and I do believe it has stabilised it. How do I know this? Prior fin, I was losing a lot of hair when showering or combing and my crown areas were thin. Fast forward 1 year; no hairs falling when showering or combing and the crown has thickened up nicely.

Future plans if any? Well at the moment I am busy with life and work. I have been in touch with Dr Erdogan and him and his staff are pleased how my 2400 grafts have turned out. Quote from a member of Dr Erodgan's team member "Dr Koray has said of the 1st operation from the professional view, you achieved very good result with performing 2400 grafts, according to our experience many patients wish and try to achieve the result close to yours". This says it all. There are a few members here who are questioning Dr Erdogan does not do most of the work himself but leaves his techs to do it. I think you are forgetting Delik his main tech has years of experience; Dr Lorenzo vouches for her! Hair transplant is a team effort. Do not let this put you off. Asmed and Dr Koray Erdogan have been doing manual fue for the past 11 years. His results speak for themselves. Hopefully late 2015 I will be visiting Dr Koray to lower my hair line and tweak any weak zones.

I am grateful for Asmed, Dr Erodgan and Delik. They have restored my self-confidence, my youth and my good looks!

5b32e2677e59a_FullSizeRender1.jpg.5dc5bdd67368a3f52ac7bcc2135bb3bf.jpg

5b32e26791de0_FullSizeRender2.jpg.590f1119da24d232ccbe991fac1d86bc.jpg

5b32e267a184e_FullSizeRender3.jpg.8644f3f38a7c015af45db6528e4ccf19.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.7f45d2c525163d0ea2339409cebdbba6.jpg

IMG_5806.jpg.1bf1b2e7cf8a85b11d9fe555f857f6db.jpg

Hello

I just want to say congratulations on your amazing results, you have a perfect and full head of hair now. Your result was the one that made me finally choose Dr. Koray Erdogan, as we had almost the same frontal hairloss pattern and the same hair characteristics, and your results are amazing with only 2400 grafts.

I had 2500 grafts in the frontal zone and 2500 grafts spread from midscalp to crown.

When comparing your 6 month results to mine, yours seem like you had almost twice as many grafts as me, and your 6 month results looked almost like a full head of hair. Do you remember if you had many more grafts sprout from 6 months until now, or was it just the same grafts that just got thicker? I am a little worried right now, but I keep telling myself that it will improve in the next 6 months :)

Here are my results:

Can you please if you have time, take some photos of your hair in natural light with your hair combed upwards.

Again, congratulations with your new hair, looks amazing!

Thanks for the update Yaz. Its great to see you doing well and restored to your former glory :D

Not having hairloss as a worry anymore must be great. Sometimes people don't understand what a constant worry it is and how it can get you down.

I'm at the 7 month 2 week mark and happy with my result. I've been trying out many different styles etc and looking forward to months of further growth and thickening based on your pos Yaz

@ acegik, I had exactly 5000 grafts also. 2500 in the front and the rest in midline and scalp. I'm not on any fin minox but happy with results. I must make a thread about my op and post some pictures but I think people have different growth levels depending on age and health and some other mysterious factors

I wore a cap for a long time in work after the op but I have been comfortable with my result and grew out my hair and took of the cap since about the 4.5 month mark.

If you are worried about slow growth just bear in mind what Yaz and many others here say and that that the 18month timescale is what we think will be your full final HT result so acegik you are only 1/3 of the way along in your journey.

I wish you good growth and all my hairloss bros good growth and a future free from hairloss worries :D

Thanks for the update Yaz. Its great to see you doing well and restored to your former glory :D

Not having hairloss as a worry anymore must be great. Sometimes people don't understand what a constant worry it is and how it can get you down.

I'm at the 7 month 2 week mark and happy with my result. I've been trying out many different styles etc and looking forward to months of further growth and thickening based on your pos Yaz

@ acegik, I had exactly 5000 grafts also. 2500 in the front and the rest in midline and scalp. I'm not on any fin minox but happy with results. I must make a thread about my op and post some pictures but I think people have different growth levels depending on age and health and some other mysterious factors

I wore a cap for a long time in work after the op but I have been comfortable with my result and grew out my hair and took of the cap since about the 4.5 month mark.

If you are worried about slow growth just bear in mind what Yaz and many others here say and that that the 18month timescale is what we think will be your full final HT result so acegik you are only 1/3 of the way along in your journey.

I wish you good growth and all my hairloss bros good growth and a future free from hairloss worries :D

Thanks mate! Oh yes, its wonderful not to be worrying about hair loss. The other night my friends who I have not seen for a month for commenting on how good my hair is looking. And they showed me some old pics of me. The transformation is amazing!

Your at the 7 month RedChillie? Its not over yet. Wait till the 12 month! You will be amazed on how things look so different comparing the 7 month to the 12 month

Yaz,

love the results congratulations buddy.

Thanks for sharing

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Thanks Yaz for all your documentation. I am booking in for a consultation with Dr Koray at the end of this month as I wanted to meet him in person and see his place of work before I go ahead with the surgery. Ive been following your progress for almost a year now and your result is the reason I have chosen him.

Is it possible for you to spike your hair up with a strong gel or wax or is the hair growth / angle too strong to do so? Cheers.

Yes I can spike my hair up but I don't prefer do. My hair is thick, always has been naturally since I was younger. I couldn't spike my hair then neither I can now. My hair style suits my face. I have never used wax, gel or any other styling products. I look after my hair and I feel chemicals are bad for hair health