My journey: Hair Transplant with Dr Koray Erdogan, 2400 grafts and PRP (08/10/2013)

Yaz89

Hi yaz , looking good mate !! Did dr erdogan not asses your donor and give you a total gonor capacity ? Has he agreed to lower your hairline in your next surgery ?

Hi Wibbles, at that time I wasn't told how many grafts I have left after my first transplant. I think it became Asmed's patient policy in early 2014 to calculate total graft capacity and to notify the patient the numbers. I do believe I still have a good number of grafts left as my donor feels very thick and if I grow it out for a few months it is also very long. And he has agreed to lower my hairline.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, this months marks my 18th month mark. This pic was taken last week after one of my best friends MMA fight which he won. Extremely bright lighting. During the winter the hair was shedding (I always shed during the winters) and now it is thicker than ever. I usually have a short hair cut every 2 weeks with 0.5 clippers. Also 18 months on fin with no sides at all. Donor and sides are thick as ever. Note my strong temple peaks which have always looked like this.

IMG_6486.JPG.622c7413e719badfa8d4f03114c2198c.JPG

Well, this months marks my 18th month mark. This pic was taken last week after one of my best friends MMA fight which he won. Extremely bright lighting. During the winter the hair was shedding (I always shed during the winters) and now it is thicker than ever. I usually have a short hair cut every 2 weeks with 0.5 clippers. Also 18 months on fin with no sides at all. Donor and sides are thick as ever. Note my strong temple peaks which have always looked like this.

Hair looking great - well done.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hair looking great - well done.

Thanks Chris! Nothing likes your thou!

you should be very happy with those results. I am still only at 3 months and i hope to have the kind of results you have shown :-)

Just viewed your pics. Looking good, be patience. You have a long way to go yet but it will be worth the wait

Very impressive! Congrats!

Thank you David. Hope your 3rd transplant will bring a good outcome

• 1 month later...

Hi Yaz.. We haven't spoken before.. My names Shaz.. I've been following your threads for quit some time now.. You and Dr Koray are a beacon of light for all us hair loss sufferers and have convinced me to choose Dr Koray for my procedure hopefully soon :)

Your hair is looking amazing!!! Well done for being strong through the years !!! Dr Koray Erdogan did an amazing job ;O

Just to recap.. Your first session consisted off 2400 and your second was about 3000 did you say? Are you still using Propecia to maintain the thickness?

Unfortunately for me I started using Regaine along with Proscar ages ago, but then had to stop both due a mass breakout of acne, but that was probably due to a combination of that and my Thyroid medication which I am no longer using, thank god!. I managed to treat the Acne using Acer One Steroid Cream and then after it cleared up I restarted my use of Regaine to which end which I saw my hair grow back. not as thick as it was while using both, but have been using it ever since! Just can't stop that runaway train, now! Unless of course I give the Regaine up and go back to Finasteride!!!

I suppose Propecia and Regaine, have the same affect when stopped i.e. you lose the hair that you've gained! In regards to manboobs you were afraid of.. In my experience and research that only occurs with certain males who have an high genetic estrogen disposition and are more susceptible to developing those issues and not the case with men with higher natural testosterone levels. The only down side of using finasteride i experienced was a loss in male Libido and probably down to the loss of testosterone levels. What have you experienced in this area?

Did you ever come across Dr. Humayun Mohmand in your prior research on finding the best surgeon? I read somewhere that he doesn't recommend for any of his clients to take Finasteride or Minoxidil to supplement hair transplantation as it defeats the purpose of having a FUE transplant in the first place! He's the only doctor I've come across who suggests this!!!

A penny for your thoughts! Hope to speak soon.. Have a Good Day!

Shaz

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Yaz.. We haven't spoken before.. My names Shaz.. I've been following your threads for quit some time now.. You and Dr Koray are a beacon of light for all us hair loss sufferers and have convinced me to choose Dr Koray for my procedure hopefully soon :)

Your hair is looking amazing!!! Well done for being strong through the years !!! Dr Koray Erdogan did an amazing job ;O

Just to recap.. Your first session consisted off 2400 and your second was about 3000 did you say? Are you still using Propecia to maintain the thickness?

Unfortunately for me I started using Regaine along with Proscar ages ago, but then had to stop both due a mass breakout of acne, but that was probably due to a combination of that and my Thyroid medication which I am no longer using, thank god!. I managed to treat the Acne using Acer One Steroid Cream and then after it cleared up I restarted my use of Regaine to which end which I saw my hair grow back. not as thick as it was while using both, but have been using it ever since! Just can't stop that runaway train, now! Unless of course I give the Regaine up and go back to Finasteride!!!

I suppose Propecia and Regaine, have the same affect when stopped i.e. you lose the hair that you've gained! In regards to manboobs you were afraid of.. In my experience and research that only occurs with certain males who have an high genetic estrogen disposition and are more susceptible to developing those issues and not the case with men with higher natural testosterone levels. The only down side of using finasteride i experienced was a loss in male Libido and probably down to the loss of testosterone levels. What have you experienced in this area?

Did you ever come across Dr. Humayun Mohmand in your prior research on finding the best surgeon? I read somewhere that he doesn't recommend for any of his clients to take Finasteride or Minoxidil to supplement hair transplantation as it defeats the purpose of having a FUE transplant in the first place! He's the only doctor I've come across who suggests this!!!

A penny for your thoughts! Hope to speak soon.. Have a Good Day!

Shaz

Hi Shaz, sorry for the late reply. Yes I had 2400 grafts in my first sitting. I haven't had my second pass, hopefully in November which will be for 3000 grafts.

I have been on fin since 2013. Haven't had no side effects at all.

Regaine and fin work differently. Fin lowers DHT which is the main cause for MPB. It should be the main arsenal in your hair loss fight. Regaine works by increasing blood flow to the hair which increase the shaft and diameter of the hair root. It merely thickens existing hair but does not grow any new hair. I am only on fin. Regaine in some people can age the skin plus it has alcohol in it so I don't use for that reason and I wish to stay looking young lol.

I didn't research for south-Asian doctors but I have heard of Dr Humayun Mohmand who primarily does strip which I did not want.

Wow Yaz read the whole thing there what a journey. Congrats to you man. I emailed a number of surgeons with photos lookin for suggestions. All responses varied but Dr koray's stood out as he's reply was you must take fin for 6 months before I would consider you as a patient. So I'm thinking of goin on fin and see if I can avoid the sides

Thanks for the compliments! Thats a good plan. I would suggest sticking to fin for a year before heading out for surgery

Thanks for the compliments! Thats a good plan. I would suggest sticking to fin for a year before heading out for surgery
in ur experience do you think without fin that a transplant might be very risky. I never wanted to try fin but it looks like it is my only option if I really want to get a transplant as my balding is pretty serious at 29

Without fin, it is dangerous. If your saying you are quite bald, fin will have a good effect on the donor hair. Besides it helps other hair too, not just the crown. I have had no side-effects at all and I am nearly 27. For younger guys it wise to be on fin as you never know where you will end up on the norwood scale. Fin is a good weapon for diffuse loss, as I figured. It doesn't stop hair loss but will reduce it.

I just saw a young guy in his 30s who was a NW 7 who had had a hair transplant in the frontal third. His hair loss had obviously continued since the hair transplant thus creating an island in separating his native hair from the transplanted hair.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Delancey is spot on! You read my mind! I seen many people in my city, young guys, borderline nw5's walking around with strip scars. They have not researched and simply jumped on the wagon. When I got mine done, I went to a new barber. I was around 3 weeks post op. He said my hair transplant is the most cleanest and excellent job he had seen. He noted, being a barber for 20 years, my hair transplant stood out from the rest. And he is a nw7 himself!

Without fin, it is dangerous. If your saying you are quite bald, fin will have a good effect on the donor hair. Besides it helps other hair too, not just the crown. I have had no side-effects at all and I am nearly 27. For younger guys it wise to be on fin as you never know where you will end up on the norwood scale. Fin is a good weapon for diffuse loss, as I figured. It doesn't stop hair loss but will reduce it.

I'm 29 and have been losing my hair for the past 2 years I'm on minoxidil lasercomb and herbal DHT blockers but inevitably I feel fin would trump all 3 if I go on it.

20150529_095924.jpg.8c4849ce196384dc7c3ec31c3444c830.jpg

20150529_095859.jpg.cdfbf70283baf0bdee97810c7d0663bd.jpg

I'm 29 and have been losing my hair for the past 2 years I'm on minoxidil lasercomb and herbal DHT blockers but inevitably I feel fin would trump all 3 if I go on it.

From them 2 pics, I would say you headig to a nw7. Fin will defo really help you. If your on minxo, then use fin. They work well reallt together. Dump the other crap and stick to the two proven meds

From them 2 pics, I would say you headig to a nw7. Fin will defo really help you. If your on minxo, then use fin. They work well reallt together. Dump the other crap and stick to the two proven meds
Thanks for the advice Yaz I just attached one more pic. NW7 that's like the worst ain't it? I just wondering if I'm a hopeless case altogether. As u can see I do keep it pretty short

2015-06-16_20_01_21.jpg.59d59829f67d29e29d02e99a1cf0a70e.jpg

Cant really tell from these pics mate. I aint a doctor. Why don't you start a thread with pics and maybe more experienced members can share their thoughts. With your hair grown out, it be easier to judge how bad you are. But to me the donor looks weak

Cant really tell from these pics mate. I aint a doctor. Why don't you start a thread with pics and maybe more experienced members can share their thoughts. With your hair grown out, it be easier to judge how bad you are. But to me the donor looks weak
cheers for responding anyway mate. Guess I will give fin a try and if it's a success go for the transplant. Ur results must have changed ur life

No worries anytime mate. Can't wait for my second round!

• 2 months later...

• 3 months later...