My journey: Hair Transplant with Dr Koray Erdogan, 2400 grafts and PRP (08/10/2013)

Yaz89

Thanks I will use the compress. Not sure about the shampoo as I live in the UK.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks I will use the compress. Not sure about the shampoo as I live in the UK.

Touch your cheek first with the compress to make sure it's not too hot. It would usually clear up the acne in 2-3 days for me. And you should be able to find a similar shampoo there or order it off of Amazon. It's also SLS-free.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Thanks I will pop down Boots to see if they have any.

Just a quick update. The past 3 months, since my hair started to grow. My scalp has been feeling lumpy, looked slightly red and was tender to touch. I emailed Dr Koray and he replied back stating it properly is dermatitis. He recommended to used Nizoral shampoo. I brought the over-the counter bottle and used it. Just one application and my scalp is feeling good. Redness has decreased and have a "fresh" feeling around the scalp. Hopefully a few more applications the problem should be gone. A big thanks to Dr Koray and his knowledge...what a great man. To all those who might experience the same, try Nizoral

Just be careful about overuse of Nizoral. It has been known to cause shedding of transplanted grafts. hsrp10 can weigh in more on this. I'd recommend you contact him.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Glad it's helping Yaz

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Thanks Scooter and Since 21. I am aware of Hrsp10 issues with Nizoral. Dr K said use it only for 3 days in a week. I am sure my dermatitis is temporary as I didn't have dandruff or any other issues with my scalp before my transplant. I will contact Hrsp10 for advice. Thanks Since21 for pointing it out

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly 7 months! And its looking good so far. The left side is coming along nicely. Have seen a big improvement this month with the thickening of the hairs. I still suspect I have more grafts to pop out yet. The right side is still lagging behind and my mum said yesterday my hair is getting better but the right side seems slow. Still a massive improvement from pre-op. I can see new hairs which are white and colourless from both sides of the head, I think these should thicken up in the next few months. I am still taking fin and have had no side effects at all. The crown and vertex areas are looking good. I think I am growing hairs from these areas due to the fin as the past few years these areas were slightly thin. Good thing is; I used to lose like 30 hairs in the shower prior fin now its like 5-10! The issue with the dermatitis has been resolved. I used Nizoral 4 times. The redness has gone. But after the 4th time, it really dried my scalp and I noticed hard, dried flakes stuck on the roots of my hair. I remembered Scooters advice and Hrsp's trouble with Nizoral, so I ditched it. I am back on my normal shampoo and no more dried flakes. No point in using Nizoral if I don't suffer from dandruff; I think fin is enough! I have attached a variety of images and have highlighted the areas of concern which are from the right side of my head. This area had grafts implanted and they still haven't popped out yet. I still cannot spike my hair up as, naturally, even before my hair transplant I couldn't. It runs in the family; the fringe and frontal areas always lays flat, same with my brothers. I have tried using a blow-drier to spike the frontal and have used styling products but the fringe/frontal areas lays flat.

Frontal.jpg.74a466cfba865f7a1f0f256acccca4cd.jpg

5b32de8808eb1_Leftsidecloseup.jpg.9de21543b286bc2cce24344965396e48.jpg

5b32de881c6fc_Leftside.jpg.1300b6071bde446d9986d5a9e1aa982a.jpg

5b32de882efda_Rightside.jpg.5bb52e07bfdcc31407cc37f15d15ad8f.jpg

Tilted.jpg.db7185b972d32d682b1df58fbe6f9f15.jpg

5b32de8851327_Leftsideflash.jpg.0dd9edc156c54bd3dc636845ccd3493d.jpg

5b32de886b8e5_RightsideflashII.jpg.848b8d5122c59a9cc925d1aae1efe21c.jpg

5b32de8882f29_RightsideflashIII.jpg.a414a7f3a65e5a6ff81eb5c0549faa6b.jpg

5b32de88957e7_Rightsideflashtilted.jpg.0939b1c8f3ae8cc08c8ad85e45c52557.jpg

5b32de88a57f7_Rightsideflash.jpg.5a17ef227fe60c70d4a3a78c1a296c6a.jpg

Forget to mention, my fringe tends to grow side ways and curly, particularly the right side.

Hi buddy! You improvement looks amazing, specially for seven months! I got you pictures but I am working in Brazil, that is why I did not answer yet! Good to you redness has gone! I am now noticing my hairs coming out. I am almost at my 11 week mark. Good growth!

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

Denny, how are you! Its cool, hoping your enjoying your time in Brazil. I know how busy you are man. Yep, only 7 months and still a long way to go. Good to hear your hair is growing!

Clarification, Since 21 also advised me the dangers of using Nizoral and its effects on transplanted hairs.

Looking real good my friend. What a difference in month#7 ! I'm happy for you and it seems ditching Nizoral has really helped you get over that hump ! Thanks for the updates and happy growing

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Thanks pal. It was a nightmare waiting to grow back the hair from the short cut a few weeks ago! Lol. Things are looking well :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Yaz, how are things going?

I just seen your last comments about Nizoral. What advise was give to you against its use and bad effects on transplanted hairs? I have used this once sine my HT and am a little worried to rad this.

Also can I ask when how soon after the operation did you hairs fall out. 2 weeks, 3weeks or a month? and did they fall out altogether or was it gradual loss of hairs at different times over a few weeks?

Hi Yaz, how are things going?

I just seen your last comments about Nizoral. What advise was give to you against its use and bad effects on transplanted hairs? I have used this once sine my HT and am a little worried to rad this.

Also can I ask when how soon after the operation did you hairs fall out. 2 weeks, 3weeks or a month? and did they fall out altogether or was it gradual loss of hairs at different times over a few weeks?

Hiya mate. Nizoral can have a negative effect on transplanted hairs which are still growing. Most users have said nizoral thins transplanted hairs . Spex (the hair transplant guru) has also documented the effects nizoral has on new hairs. The fourth time i used it it really dried my scalp out and I stopped using it.

My initial shedding began at the end of week 2. I had a gradual loss of hair. Most of it came in the shower. My shedding stopped by week 4. Regrowth started around month 3. The most visible change of appearance I experienced was in month 7. Even now each week its getting better. I have a feeling I am slow grower and will assess my result at the end of the 18 month. From there I will make decision whether I need a second round.

Hi, can nizoral do this?? I was advised by dr Feriduni to use nizoral at 1 month post op as I sometimes get dermatitis!!, I don't think he would recommend it if it could have a negative impact on the transplanted hairs ?

All iv ever heard is OVER USE of nizoral can effect hairs both non and transplanted!!!

I think if you stick to the proper guidelines for the shampoo there should be no issue!!

Well there are different theories and approaches when using Nizoral. I myself had a small case of dermatitis. Dr Koray recommended Nizoral. Like I said, I used 4 times and then ditched it. My mild dermatitis went away too. The thing with dermatitis is usually its a long-term problem and its difficult to treat. Nizoral is effective but I advise to use it less often. Instead of 3 times a week, maybe you can use it once a week. After using Nizoral, if you pull your hairline/ hair back, do you have dried flakes on the roots of your hair? Does your scalp feel dry?

If you look at Hrsp10 profile, he experienced a shed on nizoral which affected his hair. Plus he has dermatitis too

Hi

Yes I remember reading that but I think he said he was over using it a lot!! Like every other day or so!

I only use once a week as directed by the label!

I get stages of dry flakes, my heads shaved so can't pull back the hairline but I get it mainly behind the hairline!

Since using niz once a week and alelsop calming shampoo in between it seems under control touch wood!!

I think niz is a problem if you over use it?

I got dried flakes near my hairline too! Thats when i ditched it. Looks like your current regime is working; stick to it. You just need to find what works for you. Yep niz is a problem if you OVER USE it. Stay safe mate. You don't want to be held back with your growth times after spending a few good bucks on your ht and all pain, time and suffering due to hair loss. Thats what i thought when i stopped niz

Thanks mate!!!

Yeah I think youv just go to see what works!!

I used to get the dermatitis a lot worse, when I went for a touch up dr Feriduni said I had it quite bad and my scalp had to be scraped!!

Shit myself a bit but he said it hadn't effected my yield but if not treated it could eventually cause problems over a long period so he advised that 1 month after my touch up I use nizoral, I double checked before using it with him and he said absolutely fine!

I get very oily skin, always have and it's that excess oil that causes the problem, I think when you use nizoral it's supposed to bring off the shot from your scalp so you will see dry or dead skin!!

Glad to hear yours is going well, I was like you, a gradual grower, mine just improves month on month so huge spurt as such but the best months were 7-10 months Biggest change!!!

Let's hope we all get what we want from this difficult, expensive process!!!

Hi, can nizoral do this?? I was advised by dr Feriduni to use nizoral at 1 month post op as I sometimes get dermatitis!!, I don't think he would recommend it if it could have a negative impact on the transplanted hairs ?

All iv ever heard is OVER USE of nizoral can effect hairs both non and transplanted!!!

I think if you stick to the proper guidelines for the shampoo there should be no issue!!

I went back to Ketocozanole shampoo (aka Nizoral) after 4 weeks I think (Dr approved). Use it no more than twice a week and it should be fine.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Its great to hear your following Dr Fellers words. Most of the time the docs are always right! I do hope your condition improves. Yep I am nearly 8 months now. One side is looking better than the other but still have a long way to go really. I ain't assessing my result till the 18 month. Like you said, lets just hope ;)

I went back to Ketocozanole shampoo (aka Nizoral) after 4 weeks I think (Dr approved). Use it no more than twice a week and it should be fine.

Matt, what would you say to someone like me who doesn't have any scalp problems, dandruff etc. Even though i used niz and found it wasnt doing any good to my hair like the dried scalp, flaking etc. Say I still what the benefit from ketocozanole? Despite the negatives from niz, are there any other options?