My journey: Hair Transplant with Dr Koray Erdogan, 2400 grafts and PRP (08/10/2013)

Yaz89

Hey man, lost of us know how it is. Do not let this put you down now. You still have a long way to go. I am sure your result will be excellent! Your pictures show the work is great and you are responding. You just need to be patient. You will see! Keep us updated! I don't wanna see you only with your head full of hair. I want to see all the stages! ;-)

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey don't worry at all. It's far too early rite now. Perhaps you shouldn't have got your hair cut so short as you will have to wait for it to grow out before you can really see how things are progressing.

Even though 5.5months is too early to judge anything as you have another 6+ months of growing.

Another thing to bear in mind is that people often don't realise how much progress they've made as they see it everyday.

Do you have any pics? It may be that the growth is starting.

In a way you right mate; I shouldn't have had such a short hair cut. I thought maybe cutting it short eventually all the hair will grow back evenly. I understand 5.5 months is still early but from looking at other people threads eg when they hit 4-5 months they look excellent. I have pics, I will upload them right away.

Hey man, lost of us know how it is. Do not let this put you down now. You still have a long way to go. I am sure your result will be excellent! Your pictures show the work is great and you are responding. You just need to be patient. You will see! Keep us updated! I don't wanna see you only with your head full of hair. I want to see all the stages! ;-)

I know Denny mate :( Losing hair at such a young age (at 21) and having mental problems was terrible. I just want my life back that's all. Proscar is working well for me. I post some pics right away

Guys, these photos show the 5 month mark. I also had a very short hair cut which I regret now

5b32ddbbd0a3c_5monthafterhaircut.jpg.fe4903905ceb2dc84683662b885b4368.jpg

5b32ddbc1b34e_5monthafterhaircut2.jpg.b602041773ecdbc6066c6052c56e170d.jpg

5b32ddbc27e36_5monthafterhaircut3.jpg.3742e0a67eea19f92e0062d461ee7a88.jpg

And these were taken today. 5.5 month update. I think flash was used for this photos.

5b32ddbc3e563_5.5months.jpg.b4b703b6c8556cc30a30540ff7c3dabb.jpg

5b32ddbc4de7d_5.5month5.jpg.fd4c45cd438a577f68c4cd64393c51f8.jpg

5b32ddbc60173_5.5month6.jpg.22d3aefeb664cb12392667c8c0a30b26.jpg

5b32ddbc732f8_5.5months3.jpg.6f8d3665afd087fdd2b0779212c38a14.jpg

5b32ddbc890de_5.5months4.jpg.61f1b7f5d9793753fafd7e32c9a15670.jpg

Wow! you actually have a lot of growth! look at your pre op pics - the difference is huge!

in a couple of months the density will improve. You're right on track for a solid result mate.

just hang in there a bit longer

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

There is a big difference from the way I was before. That bloody short cut ruined everything lol. Density and length is lacking. Thanks splittinghair. I know I still have a long way to go yet. Its my first ht and my first experience in waiting for the final result. I'm already planning for a second round to lower the hair line and work on the temples. My right temple is worst off from the left

There are still some gaps where grafts were placed and I'm hoping they would sprout out soon

• 2 weeks later...

Six month update guys. Have seen little growth so far but really, really hoping things will improve soon as still have a long way to go yet. Past 2 weeks I have been experiencing a lot of shedding. A lot of hair loss whilst showering or when a running a comb through my hair. Funny thing is a lot of these hairs seem to be coming from the transplanted areas. Nothing is attached at the end of these hairs; just hair which seem to be breaking off. I have noticed both terminal, transplanted and miniaturized hair shedding. Can this possibly be finasteride? I have been on finasteride for six months now and this is the first time I am shedding hair? Really, really worried at the moment

Frontal.jpg.a3c81ea99ecbed33e8f27470ec710806.jpg

5b32de06d8055_Frontalandmid-scalp.jpg.5f52a93126e97fb4354a0a2ec9a92f7d.jpg

5b32de06f3377_Leftside.jpg.252ff2882edf41907542cfed2d84e199.jpg

5b32de0711609_Rightside.jpg.900c3384cd65b820415e71099a2107af.jpg

5b32de072b935_Leftsidewithflash.jpg.e06218d16cf32f394f259bd975fe9a34.jpg

5b32de0744e9d_Rightsideflash.jpg.472fe8d4859f94ba412a05def81ada2d.jpg

5b32de076260f_Withflash.jpg.87e6329047f29024777baf7cc270b762.jpg

5b32de077f79c_Seasonalsheddingorfinasteride.jpg.be12783f947f6eca3a2435086cd7f8ab.jpg

could be a Fin shed, what shampoo are you using btw? shampoos like Nizoral can also cause sheds

and how is your scalp health (oily, dry etc.)?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

could be a Fin shed, what shampoo are you using btw? shampoos like Nizoral can also cause sheds

and how is your scalp health (oily, dry etc.)?

Hi Hsrp, no I am not using Nizoral. I don't suffer from dandruff and my scalp does get oily if I don't wash it every other day. I am using baby shampoo. I think it has to be the fin as I have read most people do experience shedding on fin usually by 6 month? What I don't understand why am I losing transplanted hair...

I am one who believes Fin can cause shedding of even transplanted hair, by affecting your hormones

is your scalp more greasy/oily after starting Fin?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

That is true; your right. Shedding can affect transplanted hair or native hair. I have been on fin for 6 months and not once my scalp has been oily/greasy. It is tender, warm and feels crusty on the transplanted sites. I think need to give it more time to heal and for the nerves to reconnect.

hang in there, could also be hairs that hadn't shed yet cycling out to grow back soon

I have been going through a shed in one area of my new (and was thicker) hairline, driving me nuts too

go dense or go home

I hope so :( Thanks for your reassurance mate. I was looking good at the 4 month mark and then this shedding happens. Good thing is if it is fin then that means its working! Hopefully new hair should be seen in a few months time. Even veterans like yourself experience this

Hey buddy, I believe you got through e-mail Dr. Erdogan's response:

"We showed your pictures to Dr Ergodan and he considers that the shedding you are experiencing is normal and with most of probabilities it is due to a seasonal shedding.

Moreover, he suggests you to don't worry, because your growth process is going very well and the mature stage of the regrowth will be reached in the next 4-5 months."

You are on the right track! Can't wait to see your final result! ;-)

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

Hi Denny! Im sorry i didn't notify you that I had emailed Dr Koray and he replied back. I am happy now! After reading Dr Koray's reply, my mind has settled now. The shedding is normal but it really scared me as I never experienced a shed like this. Hopefully the hair will come back stronger!

Good luck bro! I hope all is well. I'm at my 6 month and things are decent. There is a definite difference but I really hope it gets better. I'm about the same as you buddy. The hair line has not fully grown in yet, a little worried about that. Plus, my left side is growing slower than my right! :confused::confused: lol

Good luck bro! I hope all is well. I'm at my 6 month and things are decent. There is a definite difference but I really hope it gets better. I'm about the same as you buddy. The hair line has not fully grown in yet, a little worried about that. Plus, my left side is growing slower than my right! :confused::confused: lol

Hey fue2579! Thanks for the words man. Same here, still waiting for some grafts to sprout out...have black marks everywhere. Hoping these are the new hairs trying to push through. Left side is better than the right side; same as yours. Need to have patience really. I am definitely a slow grower but looking at pre op pics its a huge difference. Like they say sometimes it can take 18 months for the final result. Guys who have a full head of hair by 6-9 months are lucky indeed.

I think i have folliculitis. My scalp at the left side and the right side where grafts were placed behind the hairline is still tender, warm when touched, it hurts when pressure is placed on the area and is still slightly red. It also feels lumpy. Its over 6 months since my HT. I am concerned as these are the areas where I am seeing little or no growth. Today I went to my GP but he has no experience in this. All he said the area does look red. Call anyone offer some advice please

Hey there Yaz. Could be folliculitis. Could be acne. Probably a sign of activity/growth. The areas where I had the most acne are the slowest growing, with some small patches where there is little or no growth. Have you contacted Dr. Erdogan?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Thats whats happening right now! Well it has been like this for the past 3 months and I emailed the dr. He said everything is normal. But it still hasn't settled down yet. I emailed him today too, hopefully he will reply in the morning. I can echo your words. This lumpy, hot and tender areas have little or no growth at all. Did yours clear up and did growth start? Gone over the 6 month mark and growth is really slow in these areas .

My acne has cleared up, but in a couple of the areas where it was the worst, it is still noticeably reddish - in these patches and nearby there is little or no growth. It's less than dime-sized, but it is in the center area right behind the hairline where I'll need density. Must be the use of 2s and 3s there.

That is great to hear! Really hope it gets better for you! Did you use anything to clear the acne?

Just warm compresses three or four times a day. I also used a really mild shampoo called California Baby sensitive body wash and shampoo.