My journey: Hair Transplant with Dr Koray Erdogan, 2400 grafts and PRP (08/10/2013)

Yaz89

Matt, what would you say to someone like me who doesn't have any scalp problems, dandruff etc. Even though i used niz and found it wasnt doing any good to my hair like the dried scalp, flaking etc. Say I still what the benefit from ketocozanole? Despite the negatives from niz, are there any other options?

I've never had any scalp problems myself but use Niz due to it's possible (unproven) hair retention properties. I think it was also used in Minoxidil trials before Rogaine first came out but I could be wrong.

Other options? T-Gel or T-Sal possibly. However, if you don't have any scalp issues then I would suggest not to bother with any of them.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one Matt. Just don't know which shampoo to use. Been looking for a sls free brand but its damn difficult here in the UK. (Bet you know how things run! Lol)

I bought a shampoo called Devine hair shampoo from the same company that make the devine hair oil which has got some good reviews although I don't think it does much for hair loss.

Its free from SLS, SLES, fragrance and Sodium Chloride. Its made in the uk and you can buy it here

Buy Natural Hair Loss Treatments And Hair Loss Remedies Online With Divine Herbal Hair Oil For Men And Women

Myabe its a good option for you Yaz. Its not that expensive either :)

I bought a shampoo called Devine hair shampoo from the same company that make the devine hair oil which has got some good reviews although I don't think it does much for hair loss.

Its free from SLS, SLES, fragrance and Sodium Chloride. Its made in the uk and you can buy it here

Buy Natural Hair Loss Treatments And Hair Loss Remedies Online With Divine Herbal Hair Oil For Men And Women

Many thanks! Not a bad price either. Will definitely give it a try

• 2 weeks later...

8 month update. This month has really been good. Have noticed a lot of thickening of the hairs. Right side is catching up with the left; still a bit weak but much better since month 7. Have noticed new growth in the crown due to the fin. Previously there were was a small bald patch and I can see small hairs coming through. Only down side is that the transplanted hairs in the hair line grow curly once they get some length and I have to cut them a tad bit shorter to straighten them. Cant tell from the pics as I cut them straight a few nights ago.

Finally have my self-confidence back and these days my hair is not bothering me any more. Still have a few months to go and really hoping for more growth.

Frontal.jpg.22320928289ea93e9534a06243ec5a11.jpg

5b32df1adf00a_Leftview.jpg.db6d69e2b9fe38e3eb17b868ef2a4905.jpg

5b32df1aec05b_Rightview.jpg.07b9b794432dd1ab97f68508add66e3c.jpg

5b32df1b0c2f8_Leftcloseup.jpg.8b99c5ba2b41f392f99cb2923fbf168c.jpg

5b32df1b19323_Leftcloseupflash.jpg.8752e62f8d00364c7ac1b09f0d17e43e.jpg

5b32df1b2b65e_Rightcloseup.jpg.52d7bfcbfb7183260aaf3b0901231fc2.jpg

5b32df1b4d3b9_Rightcloseupflash.jpg.312f84977435ec76f6d9b2f67f822c87.jpg

5b32df1b5bbf9_Midscalpflash.jpg.28e33ea794c37257088a433053a933d8.jpg

5b32df1b76057_Crownflash.jpg.a2b26557c2213d38398ee40d785c640c.jpg

5b32df1b84217_Anormaldayinlife.jpg.88386aff62306283631025a91b1f5d66.jpg

Superb result and more to come!!! You look like a different person!!!

Well done dr erdogan!!!

Thanks Hairshopeing! My friends say I look 15 again! A big thanks to Dr Erdogan; he changed my life

Finally have my self-confidence back and these days my hair is not bothering me any more.

That is a successful outcome. Congratulations, my friend!

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

That is a successful outcome. Congratulations, my friend!

Thank you! It feels good to wake up in the mornings and having that messed up look! Missed that mate!

This month has really been good. Have noticed a lot of thickening of the hairs. Right side is catching up with the left; still a bit weak but much better since month 7.

This is good to hear since I am 6 months post-op and notice gradual thickening, but still hope to see improvement.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

8 month update. This month has really been good. Have noticed a lot of thickening of the hairs. Right side is catching up with the left; still a bit weak but much better since month 7. Have noticed new growth in the crown due to the fin. Previously there were was a small bald patch and I can see small hairs coming through. Only down side is that the transplanted hairs in the hair line grow curly once they get some length and I have to cut them a tad bit shorter to straighten them. Cant tell from the pics as I cut them straight a few nights ago.

Finally have my self-confidence back and these days my hair is not bothering me any more. Still have a few months to go and really hoping for more growth.

This is looking very good Yaz and you still have a minimum of 4 months of growth left before you reach the 12 month mark and some even say the full results are at the 15-18 months mark.

Your right side looks to have filled in better and its got an overall balanced look. You no longer have high temple of the look of hairloss but look like a youngman with a full head of hair.

As for the curly hair have you ever considered using a hair straightener? I used one before my hairloss got bad and its a quick and easy tool to style hair and keep it looking neat. Be careful though, I'm not sure if hair straightening is good for hair in general let alone for transplanted hair but in my non hair thinning areas it never was a problem for me. I used it at a very low heat setting so not to damage hair. Some people have burned hair off by having it on too high a setting, but personally I doubt the heat transfers to the graft or damages it but do your own research on it.

Anyway I am happy for you and as I'm 1 month post op I hope to be happy with my result like you one day.

This is good to hear since I am 6 months post-op and notice gradual thickening, but still hope to see improvement.

You be just fine. Stay away from mirrors! I know its difficult but you need to stop looking at the hair. Eg last month my right side you could see a fair amount of scalp and last night my brother said that gap is getting thicker. Trust me things will move forward for you my friend

This is looking very good Yaz and you still have a minimum of 4 months of growth left before you reach the 12 month mark and some even say the full results are at the 15-18 months mark.

Your right side looks to have filled in better and its got an overall balanced look. You no longer have high temple of the look of hairloss but look like a youngman with a full head of hair.

As for the curly hair have you ever considered using a hair straightener? I used one before my hairloss got bad and its a quick and easy tool to style hair and keep it looking neat. Be careful though, I'm not sure if hair straightening is good for hair in general let alone for transplanted hair but in my non hair thinning areas it never was a problem for me. I used it at a very low heat setting so not to damage hair. Some people have burned hair off by having it on too high a setting, but personally I doubt the heat transfers to the graft or damages it but do your own research on it.

Anyway I am happy for you and as I'm 1 month post op I hope to be happy with my result like you one day.

Thanks Redchilli007! I am definitely hoping for more as I still can see smaller hairs which will definitely thicken. I still have some black stubble which I think are new hairs trying to push out.

Both sides are on track and the right side is definilty catching up. Its normal for one side to grow faster than the other; not really worried now :)

Yep I am looking much younger than my age ( I am 25). The hair line is very close to the one I had when I was 18 so a big shout to Dr K! From the age of 21 when my hair started to fall and to this point of life; I am really happy and others around me have noticed. Thank you for the kind words my friend.

I have tried using a hair straightener but cant seem to use it the right way lol. I cant manage to get the hair under the plate plus I find the heat a bit too strong. After showering I use a hair dryer on the cold setting which usually helps but once the hair line gets to a certain length its hard to control the curls. Hopefully that should sort it self out in a few months time

These pics were taken about 3 weeks ago using my brothers 10 megapixel camera. The lightning is a bit harsh. By comparing these 7 months 1 week pics to todays 8 month update you can see a big improvement

5b32df1e7f22c_photo1.JPG.cbe1112f8d3195827fedb082cdaad993.JPG

5b32df1e96437_photo2.JPG.7bfd6f71027ccec24a1d4b75601bd573.JPG

5b32df1f4bef2_photo3.JPG.210934c63152c16e40295059f1f27ae3.JPG

5b32df1f5d664_photo4.JPG.c4812b6b95c903fd8fd24682db08ea92.JPG

And my current look, taken outside in natural sunlight with no flash

5b32df1f6d560_Anormaldayinlife.jpg.af781a84078d59230d0cb16ce84dcadd.jpg

Now go back and read your posts from 4 and 5 months when you thought it was over...LOL! Looking good.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Now go back and read your posts from 4 and 5 months when you thought it was over...LOL! Looking good.

Thanks for reminding me! Never give up hope! Thanks mate

Your results are looking amazing so far Yaz! You must be really pleased with the outcome

Thank you Slevin! Yes, I am very happy indeed! My new hair has knocked years off my face. I look 16 again lol

Outstanding results buddy, your hair looks fantastic. When you compare the before pics and now !! Congratulations !!

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Dr Erdogan has done a great job on your hair Yas. Pleased its worked out well for you. Dr Erdogan does really well with the frontal hairline, so I'm seriously thinking of going to him. Thanks for sharing the pics.