My journey: Hair Transplant with Dr Koray Erdogan, 2400 grafts and PRP (08/10/2013)

Yaz89

Thanks Ahmed. I am from a city in Cambridgeshire

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update: Well I am 27 months post-op and I turned 27 on Monday! In April, I am heading for my second surgery at Asmed for 3000 grafts. Hopefully to lower my hair line, fill in the temples and to address some slightly weak areas. From my first surgery, I have experienced that it takes a very long time for the transplanted hair to mature and "act" like your native hair. The images show my hair line and temples exposed, the remaining show my usual hair style. I have not cut my hair since November. I am planning to see Dr Erdogan with my hair grown out.

image1.thumb.jpg.06cadabc683a5175c2bc28b4dbecf03d.jpg

image2.thumb.jpg.2d0bc82a147f7cb9ecc7b2c488d9e5a0.jpg

image3.thumb.jpg.4392cf02687c9eeb1ebb4662e0966c19.jpg

image4.thumb.jpg.f3a2edf85ca06d17bccb9e76c02690ed.jpg

5b32ea48868ae_IMG_76661.JPG.2879bea31bf35fde07cfdba683ed182a.JPG

5b32ea489fee6_IMG_76671.JPG.9166b98be3bf60ec28d8b6cdcff07ff8.JPG

I know buddy! I was slicked bald. Truly life changing

Great result, and very good documentation, thanks for coming back and providing an update, your hair looks great.

3000 grafts sounds a lot considering how good your hair looks, don't forget to keep some in the bank for later just in case.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Great result Yaz - you are a credit to the forum by continuing to post your current and future surgery.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Great result, and very good documentation, thanks for coming back and providing an update, your hair looks great.

3000 grafts sounds a lot considering how good your hair looks, don't forget to keep some in the bank for later just in case.

Thank you Petchski. Good luck with your recent surgery!

I sure will do. I was not told my donor capacity. I will surely find out how much I have left in the bank.

Great result Yaz - you are a credit to the forum by continuing to post your current and future surgery.

Many thanks Chris. I recieved a lot of help from this forum. Just my way in giving something back. Will surely open a new thread for my second surgery.

Jesus man you sure about lowering that hair-line, looks pretty good to me, hair looks good combed back as well, great result

Thanks Mick! Trust me Mick, if you see me in person you will definitely know the high hair line doesn't suit my features. Plus I have a long face and a long forehead making it worse.

Excellent result Yaz, you have to be thrilled !

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Thanks Mick!

Hey Scott, nice to hear from you buddy. And thanks for the warm words

Thanks Mick!

Hey Scott, nice to hear from you buddy. And thanks for the warm words

Hey Yaz. I just want to let you how your thread influenced me to get a HT by Koray Erdogan. Often I kept scrolling this thread to find you monthly process and it motivated me so much that I in the end finally ordered the HT. Still, after almost 6 months after my HT, I keep looking at your progress to compare your progress with mine. It's has been so motivating and interesting to follow you and I just want to spread the karma.

Btw. I'm really satisfied with my results even just after 6 months. Can't wait for the next 6 months as well.

Hey Yaz. I just want to let you how your thread influenced me to get a HT by Koray Erdogan. Often I kept scrolling this thread to find you monthly process and it motivated me so much that I in the end finally ordered the HT. Still, after almost 6 months after my HT, I keep looking at your progress to compare your progress with mine. It's has been so motivating and interesting to follow you and I just want to spread the karma.

Btw. I'm really satisfied with my results even just after 6 months. Can't wait for the next 6 months as well.

TMNK, I am glad to hear my thread and experience is helping others. I received a ton of help from others in terms of research and answers to my questions. I am happy to know I have inspired others to do the same. Happy growing mate

Hi yaz, a very good documentary you made on your HT journey. I have been suffering from hairloss for last 2 years. I am 26 and thinking to have my HT. If you don't mind, would you tell me how much would it charge altogether for your next 3000 grafts HT.

And I wish you best for your next HT

Thanks.

Hi yaz, a very good documentary you made on your HT journey. I have been suffering from hairloss for last 2 years. I am 26 and thinking to have my HT. If you don't mind, would you tell me how much would it charge altogether for your next 3000 grafts HT.

And I wish you best for your next HT

Thanks.

Hi Malik, I have pm you

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Matt, firstly I apologise for my late reply.

If I be honest with you, I do not feel family history of hair loss will determine whether you will end up bald or not. I believe everyone is different and if we have the baldness gene or not. Best thing if you do notice hair loss, as you say you have, is start taking finasteride or apply regaine foam. Personally, I wouldn't recommend regaine as once you stop using it, any hair which has grown will be lost forever.

Before my hair transplant, my mid-scalp and crown were really weak. I started to take finasteride which Dr Koray recommended. Like you I was scared of the side-effects. Believe it or not, I have experienced no sides at all. My crown and mid scalp is much thicker, darker, filled in. I had a bald spot in the crown and every month it is getting thicker and new hairs are filling in. I have been taking finasteride for nearly 9 months in conjunction with my transplant. Finasteride has to be taken forever in order to maintain the hairs or when one believes its has lost its effectiveness. Finasteride acts by blocking DHT which causes hair loss in the first place. If finasteride is stopped, all hairs grown and all the hairs maintained by finasteride will be gradually lost. Finasteride is not a permanent solution to halt hair loss, it mainly slows it down. Let me give you a example. Prior my transplant and finasteride usage, if I tried pulling some hairs from my head, I would see 10 or 15 hairs coming off. Even having a shower or combing my hair, I would lose a lot of hairs. Now I hardly lose any hairs whilst showering, combing or trying deliberately to pull my hairs out.

You think your hair loss has stopped. The problem is we never know when it starts or ends. Trust me I know about that. Going to the doctor will hardly help unless you do have a condition which is causing your hair loss. I been there and done it. I had blood tests, iron count, and other pointless tests which all came clear.

No doctor with good ethics will perform surgery on you at the young age of 21. Be vary of clinics who promise you false hopes. I take it as your hair line is still intact but you have not hairs at the temples. That's means your maturing as a man. Are you a NW1? If so, it shouldn't be really bothering you at this point of life. My opinion would be get on finasteride, maintain and possibly grow of what you have now, and enjoy your life. Many would agree on this statement. Were here to help.

Dear Yaz,

first of all, thank you so much for this wonderful encouraging thread you have created and maintained for such a long time.

Could you please answer a few questions regarding the difference between finasteride and regaine.

You wrote in the above message regarding regaine:

"Personally, I wouldn't recommend regaine as once you stop using it, any hair which has grown will be lost forever."

Then you went on and wrote regarding finasteride:

"Finasteride has to be taken forever in order to maintain the hairs ... If finasteride is stopped, all hairs grown and all the hairs maintained by finasteride will be gradually lost. Finasteride is not a permanent solution to halt hair loss ... "

Having quoted the above, I have the following questions:

1. "will be lost forever", "will be gradually lost": So aren't regaine and finasteride the same to the extent that once you stop taking either of those, those hair which's loss was halted by regaine/finasteride begin to fall?

2. I understand that either of these products primarily "block" the loss of hair which is supposed to fall out, correct me if I'm wrong. So, am I not better off taking e.g. regaine, because if I don't, hair which is supposed to fall out, falls out (much) earlier?

Greetings from Germany

Sebi

Dear Yaz,

first of all, thank you so much for this wonderful encouraging thread you have created and maintained for such a long time.

Could you please answer a few questions regarding the difference between finasteride and regaine.

You wrote in the above message regarding regaine:

"Personally, I wouldn't recommend regaine as once you stop using it, any hair which has grown will be lost forever."

Then you went on and wrote regarding finasteride:

"Finasteride has to be taken forever in order to maintain the hairs ... If finasteride is stopped, all hairs grown and all the hairs maintained by finasteride will be gradually lost. Finasteride is not a permanent solution to halt hair loss ... "

Having quoted the above, I have the following questions:

1. "will be lost forever", "will be gradually lost": So aren't regaine and finasteride the same to the extent that once you stop taking either of those, those hair which's loss was halted by regaine/finasteride begin to fall?

2. I understand that either of these products primarily "block" the loss of hair which is supposed to fall out, correct me if I'm wrong. So, am I not better off taking e.g. regaine, because if I don't, hair which is supposed to fall out, falls out (much) earlier?

Greetings from Germany

Sebi

Hi Sebi,

I apologise if my post did not make much sense. First of all, lets begin with regaine. Regaine works by increasing more blood flow to reach the hair shaft. Meaning with this increase, the hair grows thicker. It does not grow any new hair. If it does, it will be thin in structure and wispy. Regaine does work well if you have slight thinning and thus when applied to thin hair, the hair will become thicker. But there is a downfall. Regaine does not stop DHT. DHT is the main cause of hair loss in men. One may use regaine on its own and will see benefit but will carry on thinning. Secondly, because regaine gets into the blood flow, it is very likely it will reach other areas of the scalp where it was not used. This is why one loses other healthy hair if regaine is stopped. For example, when watering grass. If you aim for one area, the water will dissolve to the other parts of the soil where it was not directed at. I have a few friends who used regaine just on the frontal line. When they stopped regaine, few months down the line they lost hair where they had no used regaine. This was because that area also became dependant on regaine.

Fin: It works by blocking DHT. Fin will work all over the scalp where there is hair including the donor area. I found that my crown, midscalp and donor are now extremely thick, darker and feel different. For most, fin stops hair loss and helps them keep their hair for longer. It even brings back hairs which are miniaturizing. But most men only see the benefit of keeping their hair not regrowth. I have been lucky that I have seen regrowth. If fin is stopped, the hair will return to pre-fin state and if one was suffering from hair loss it wil resume. I am 27, my brother is nearly 25. I have been on fin for nearly 3 years whilst my brother looks like the way I was in my pre-op state. Fin should be the main weapon. Because DHT is the cause.

I hope this has helped you.

This is super clear, I fully understand now. Thank you so much for this quick answer. Once again, what you did and still are doing is really encouraging for us who are planning to have their first hair transplantation.

Best wishes from Germany

Sebi

• 4 months later...
Does he treat women?

Nicnac, yes he does. You should contact them as I have not seen many female cases from Asmed. But I am sure he will. Even better for females who do not want to shave their donor area; he offers long hair fue.

Thanks for the speedy reply :)

I don't suffer with hair loss just inherited my dads forehead and would really like to lower the hairline.. I'm 24 and eager to get this done.

Can you tell me how much he charged for your case (I'm rather new to this forum so please excuse me if that is not prohibited)