Dr. Mwamba using Dr. Nigam's Hair Doubling technique

HARIRI

hariri next week or by this month as you mentioned

I dont understand this I think such breakthrough and tentative dates ?

As far I know dr mwamba is very instant in his replies and dont u think with this thread he is well well aware of ?

I am wondering why is he not replying

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Physicians don't always follow every forum topic. Thus, it sometimes requires one of us to contact a physician to notify them asking for them to reply. I have asked Blake to notify and contact Dr. Mwamba to post a reply on this topic.

Thanks,

Bill

Cool! Hope it is true.....

Hairguy,

I don't appreciate you bumping unrelated topics in order to continue discussing your experience when we're in the middle of discussing what's expected of you privately. Again, you must give Dr. Umar the permission to discuss everything he finds relevant to your case. You will then have the opportunity to respond.

I've already sent you a private message to discuss this further. Please do not Bump any more topics or make any additional public comments regarding your case until the permission issues we're discussing privately are resolved.

Your cooperation is appreciated and expected.

Bill

Hello everybody ,

I do apologize for the time I took to respond to your inquiries .

I was very busy after my trip in India where I had to perform surgery , study Dr Nigam's technique , jet lag ...And back in Belgium I had to start right away my session of surgery .

I have been following and reading progress on hair regeneration technology , Dr Gho"s techniques , Intercytex and Aderans works, Dr Hitzig's work , Dr Cooley's work , Dr Nigam's work and my own experience with Acell application .

With my technique , I was not able to erase completely white dots in my donor , donor regeneration was about 10 to 30% .One thing I witnessed was the absence of scar formation , the improvement in hair caliber and pigmentation .

I kept reading and investigating physicians who were claiming to get above 60 % of success .

One of Dr's NIgam rep contacted me and proposed me to meet Dr Nigam who were willing to share openly his technique with me .I therefore accepted his invitation and requested him to perform his technique on my own patient so I can follow up myself the results .And he agreed .So I took my plane ticket and made one step forward .

The plan was : I will perform surgery on their patient with my FIT technique and they will apply their products to regenerate the donor ; and they will perform their technique on my own patient .I will follow up both patients in my clinic in Brussels as both of them live in Europe .

I was well surprised by his passion and the clarity of his explanation about his techniques and the science behind .I also witnessed result on a live patient and on the patient I was supposed to perform surgery on . I just found out the hair growth he had was from a previous surgery with the hair doubling technique from Nigam .

I had proof that I couldn't deny ;but let's agree that you can not generalize it to everybody .

That's why I decided to give it a try .He taught me how to perform his technique so I can start to offer it in my clinic in Brussels .It will help me to prove it right or wrong to myself.

I shared with him my concerns about mastering the basics of modern hair transplant surgery in order to produce results that should be undetectable , natural and well done .It is only through a quality work that we can make others doctors embrace Dr Nigam's techniques and findings .

One of the rule of scientific proof of valid techniques is reproducibility of the same results in another environment if you apply the same protocol. I therefore choose to apply Dr Nigam's technique in another environment ( my clinic ) to prove the validity of his concept .

And he totally agreed on that .

We just need to finalize our partnership details to make it happen .In the meantime , I am following up the two patients who travelled with me in India ( Dr Nigam's patient and my patient ) and I will go back to India for more training about his technique and I will bring my expertise to train his staff on art and aesthetics of hair transplant surgery .

Let's hope , Dr Nigam's technique will bring us to a new way of helping the entire community and I will keep you update .

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Excellent news Dr Mwamba. It's great the HT community has a doc like yourself looking into this kind of procedure in such detail. Exciting times for sure and it will be fascinating to see how things pan out in your clinic re results of your patients over a period of time. Thanks for posting.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Thank you Dr Mwamba, this could be great news. A highly respected Doc to test and hopefully back up Dr Nigam's claims. I hope the 2 patients you have tested this technique on, will be updated on here. Fingers crossed for the whole hair loss industry on this one:)

This is indeed exciting news. I hope to see this evolve into something big. Those of us who have limited donor to address present and future balding may finally not be without hope.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Dr. Mwamba,

I'm very pleased to see this scientific and academic approach to donor doubling. Truly look forward to the updates!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Crafter , I am not sure if I get it right ;you want to know the aim of the technique or the practical protocol of the technique ?

The purpose of the technique is primo to get unlimited donor so patient can afford to do what they want ; secundo you can now treat NW6 and 7 hoping to bring them back to an early stage ( NW2 ) .

In practice ,we want to reproduce what mother nature does when you shed your hairs at the end of one hair cycle .New hairs come out from stem cells that you find in the original hair follicle .Our goal is to stimulate those stem cells with whatever is available ( growth factors , Prp, ECM,etc...) to generate new hairs follicles.

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Crafter , I am not sure if I get it right ;you want to know the aim of the technique or the practical protocol of the technique ?

The purpose of the technique is primo to get unlimited donor so patient can afford to do what they want ; secundo you can now treat NW6 and 7 hoping to bring them back to an early stage ( NW2 ) .

In practice ,we want to reproduce what mother nature does when you shed your hairs at the end of one hair cycle .New hairs come out from stem cells that you find in the original hair follicle .Our goal is to stimulate those stem cells with whatever is available ( growth factors , Prp, ECM,etc...) to generate new hairs follicles.

Thank you for the reply Dr Mwamba

What do you think the chances are of having success with making this technique work? also would it not need years of clinical trials and FDA/MHRA approval?

Thanks

Thank you for the reply Dr Mwamba

What do you think the chances are of having success with making this technique work? also would it not need years of clinical trials and FDA/MHRA approval?

Thanks

I listened to Dr. Mwamba talk about this on the Bald Talk and the good thing about this protocol is that it involves doesn't use any proprietary solutions, just what is already available from the patient, thus there is no need for FDA trials.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

I listened to Dr. Mwamba talk about this on the Bald Talk and the good thing about this protocol is that it involves doesn't use any proprietary solutions, just what is already available from the patient, thus there is no need for FDA trials.

Interesting. So if this really works doctors in the USA could start doing this once they received training.

That's what he said. He had an hour long talk with Spencer on the bald talk radio show last week. Head over to the website and listen to it. It was really good and really promising.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

I had a listen to the show, was interesting. I just think if it really is all that promising then why aren't more of the top surgeons involved with the research? and how Dr Nigam got so far a head when there are big firms spending millions on research?

Time will tell and I 'll believe it when I see it.

I am with you Crafter ,

I mentioned one thing in my talk : sometimes , things are very simple and we , as expert in the field , we push our mind far away to get a solution. And it takes just the insight of a novice to point out to the right direction .

Now there is a long way to prove this concept ( which for me makes a lot of sense ) .We need hard work , dedication and clear protocols that will be presented to our peers .Their insight and knowledge may also ease or speed up research toward a solution for our patients .

Also, Dr, Nigam just magically appeared not that long ago onto the forums to share his findings. There has been quite a bit of interest and skepticism ever since. However, as all good science, results are all that matters, and if it proves reproducible under the same circumstances elsewhere, it will prove to be something that we NW 5+ have been craving for the longest time.

Dr. Mwamba, I have a question to ask. If this does show promising results, can you give us an idea about how the prices will compare to normal FUE?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

We didn't get to that point yet .

right now we are investing in learning the process .If we define the final protocol , we will get a list of what is needed ( supplies , man power,etc...) to perform the technique.After gathering all the info , our adm team will work on pricing .

I'm still not certain whether or not the procedure (as currently defined) would require FDA review. Dr. Nigams seems to use quite a few growth factors (especially with the "de novo" approach), and I'm not sure if there are all approved. It will be interesting to see how this progresses in the US!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I'm still not certain whether or not the procedure (as currently defined) would require FDA review. Dr. Nigams seems to use quite a few growth factors (especially with the "de novo" approach), and I'm not sure if there are all approved. It will be interesting to see how this progresses in the US!

I guess that's a good point. I am quite certain that as long as the tools are available by qualified surgeons in Europe, such as Mwamba, most Americans would be willing to travel. That is where FUE techniques are in their prime, so even if it were available in the USA, most would opt for Europe, myself included. :D

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments: