Any recomendations on a good FUE BHT dr?

Adam1

Where do you live Hariri?

I live in Dubai :D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck Adam. If you nice anymore advice about india PM me.

Do you know what hotel you staying in, also I take it you are landing in New Delhi and than taxi to chandigarh.

Thanks man. ill only have time to be a tourist the day before surgery. ill be staying 3days after but im assuming ill be inside those days. Dr bhatti recommended The altius for a hotel. Flying all the way into Chandigarh. The flights were a little pricy but I think it'll save any confusion in the long run. The csr from cheapoair actually called me after I booked it and spent 45 minutes finding me better flights with lower layovers which was cool.

Ive looked at that hotel on the internet, it looks very nice. I wish I was going aswell to do my HT.

So how you getting to chandigarh, will you catch another flight from New Delhi or Bombay?

Just to let you know chandigarh is a lovely city, just walk around in the evenings, section 17, 35, and 22 all shops are open till late.

amen to that Mickey...;) ive also seen great results from Indian doctors who charge even less then 2 euros....:D ur right, surgery is a calculated risk and there are no guarantees.

It is unfortunate and happens across the WHOLE cosmetic surgery industry. You go to Doctor's websites and it looks like a website for the new BMW with flashy slideshows, streamlined presentation, amazing before and afters etc. What they don't mention AT ALL are the potential risks, compromises, pitfalls etc. I find it ridiculous that some Doctor's mention any sort of 'guarantee on their website, I have seen failed cases which were not resolved from ALL Doctor's who have a guarantee disclaimer on their respective websites.

From my first consultations with several Doctors all the way up to actually having the procedure, not one person mentioned that a scar might stretch regardless of donor closure, or that permanent shockloss may occur or that sometimes the grafts just do not grow. NOT ONE. No representative, no consultant, no tech, no Doctor. No one. Of course the reps, patient advocates, nurses, techs were all quick to tell me it would look amazing and to trust in the doctor and he has his reputation for good reason. Funnily enough once some serious concerns were brought up by myself, they gave me some absolute spin and totally refrained from actually saying "the scar has stretched" or "the result is not good", instead the beat around the bush until I confronted the Doctor himself. It was all smoke and mirrors, half-truths and hyperbole.That's what the whole cosmetic industry is based on, not only the surgical field but the make up and fashion industries, the magazines, tabloids, the media etc. All intertwined. I won't get into it here because that would need it's own section altogether.

Don't get me wrong, thousands of people have their lives transformed yearly by having great hairtransplants, but there also alot of people who have their lives ruined because they were taken in by the flashy presentation, the nice consultant, the 100s of before/afters only to regret their decision as soon as 6 months later and find out they are worse off than they began. Given that Doctors pride themselves on 'ethics', it's funny how much honesty and transparency is actually lacking... Sorry I'm going off topic...

Hello Mickey,

No doubt as long as there are humans involved lapses in ethics will occure and it is very unfortunate for the people who are the victims of ethical lapses of any professional and or there government 9okay so we all can digresss :) ) But that is why HTN is so great they do a very noble job in cosumer advocacy and it benefits many.

Let me share this. I once posted a query here for an actor friend with a link to his headshots right on IMDB.com . He was asking me if he should get HT because it might help him with certain roles. He sports a really clean shave. The response from members but also from many of the top surgeons here was 'No Way' He is a great looking guy without hair so why bother for a few roles. Now here was an opportunity to jump on a potential patient and every doctor responding said no. So, though there are the unethical...it is more thant offset by the many ethical surgeosn here on HTN.

All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

GNX,

While I understand some of your frustration, I don't think there is any reason to state that all hair transplant surgeons are unethical, greedy, and ruin people's lives. Personally, I feel like the physicians on this network are dedicated, hardworking, and truly passionate about hair restoration.

Don't you feel that way because they pay you money to be featured on this network? Not that I have a problem with you guys making a living but let's not kid ourselves. Most HT docs are sadly mediocre, even the ones featured here... and yes even unethical & greedy.

I think you need to get a scar revision and get some grafts moved while your at it. Dr. Hasson is your best option in my opinion. If you insist on BHT, get a test done. There have been guys over the years who have spent over $100,000 on BHT and had very little growth.

It is unfortunate and happens across the WHOLE cosmetic surgery industry. You go to Doctor's websites and it looks like a website for the new BMW with flashy slideshows, streamlined presentation, amazing before and afters etc. What they don't mention AT ALL are the potential risks, compromises, pitfalls etc. I find it ridiculous that some Doctor's mention any sort of 'guarantee on their website, I have seen failed cases which were not resolved from ALL Doctor's who have a guarantee disclaimer on their respective websites.

From my first consultations with several Doctors all the way up to actually having the procedure, not one person mentioned that a scar might stretch regardless of donor closure, or that permanent shockloss may occur or that sometimes the grafts just do not grow. NOT ONE. No representative, no consultant, no tech, no Doctor. No one. Of course the reps, patient advocates, nurses, techs were all quick to tell me it would look amazing and to trust in the doctor and he has his reputation for good reason. Funnily enough once some serious concerns were brought up by myself, they gave me some absolute spin and totally refrained from actually saying "the scar has stretched" or "the result is not good", instead the beat around the bush until I confronted the Doctor himself. It was all smoke and mirrors, half-truths and hyperbole.That's what the whole cosmetic industry is based on, not only the surgical field but the make up and fashion industries, the magazines, tabloids, the media etc. All intertwined. I won't get into it here because that would need it's own section altogether.

Don't get me wrong, thousands of people have their lives transformed yearly by having great hairtransplants, but there also alot of people who have their lives ruined because they were taken in by the flashy presentation, the nice consultant, the 100s of before/afters only to regret their decision as soon as 6 months later and find out they are worse off than they began. Given that Doctors pride themselves on 'ethics', it's funny how much honesty and transparency is actually lacking... Sorry I'm going off topic...

yes the unfortunate truth is forums are more likely to tell you the painful truth then doctors are. its a business for them and highly competitive.

That's all true Mickey, and very well said. From my observations and research over the past decade, I really don't think much has changed in this industry, as far as ethics are concerned. What positive changes have resulted I believe have happened because accountability was forced upon the industry by the information age. No longer was it as easy to hide ones record of failure and disfigurement like it was when I first got involved. While the results of surgery have improved dramatically, the ethics of this industry often leave much to be desired. Every forum you visit on the internet has tried mightily to distance itself from its sordid past, but there are simply too many butchered people like myself out there to allow that past to be forgotten.

I'm glad forums like this one help steer patients into making an informed decision, but this industry remains full of two things: Huge profits, and huge egos.

It's a jungle out there.

Hello Mickey,

No doubt as long as there are humans involved lapses in ethics will occure and it is very unfortunate for the people who are the victims of ethical lapses of any professional and or there government 9okay so we all can digresss :) ) But that is why HTN is so great they do a very noble job in cosumer advocacy and it benefits many.

Let me share this. I once posted a query here for an actor friend with a link to his headshots right on IMDB.com . He was asking me if he should get HT because it might help him with certain roles. He sports a really clean shave. The response from members but also from many of the top surgeons here was 'No Way' He is a great looking guy without hair so why bother for a few roles. Now here was an opportunity to jump on a potential patient and every doctor responding said no. So, though there are the unethical...it is more thant offset by the many ethical surgeosn here on HTN.

All the Best, Michael

i remember your thread very vividly actually. but i gaurantee you, if that same individual had a private consult with a surgeon, they would not refuse him. why would they? people that look good with shaved heads have had ht's with reputable doctors before. what dors not make him a candidate for surgery? what is said publicly and what is said privately are two different things. especially considering the people whom replied to your thread were reps. those reps employers(surgeons) might have a totally different view and might operate. a dosconnect between rep and surgeon sometimes does exist especially when it is just a general inquiry.

Adam1,

I don't think your frontal hairline looks funny at all. Maybe you've kept thinning and this has made it look undone. As far as your scar revision, try doing it little by little. Big mistake doctors make is trying to erase everything with one shot. Best is to let the scalp settle and then go back and remove more.

Hope this helps...best of luck!

Thanks bud but I'm 2414 grafts newer as of today. I was tired of random shiny areas in pictures from the front and my crown was only getting worse. I actually liked the shaved look before surgery but my scar would have prevented that regardless

Hotel has limited wifi and I've been hitting it on a daily basis so I can't upload any pictures. Dressings come off this morning so maybe I can post a couple this afternoon. I was honestly pretty sketchy about coming alone but the dr has been extremely nice and accommodating. The lift install is running late so he's still in his original office

i remember your thread very vividly actually. but i gaurantee you, if that same individual had a private consult with a surgeon, they would not refuse him. why would they? people that look good with shaved heads have had ht's with reputable doctors before. what dors not make him a candidate for surgery? what is said publicly and what is said privately are two different things. especially considering the people whom replied to your thread were reps. those reps employers(surgeons) might have a totally different view and might operate. a dosconnect between rep and surgeon sometimes does exist especially when it is just a general inquiry.

Hello Mickey;

No doubt that probably happens and as outsiders we can never know the difference. I do know that in our offices I patients have been recommended that other alternatives are more suitable for them and others just told it was not recommended no surgery was performed.

I did however, conduct a test as I said and the results at least spoke positively for the surgeons who responded. I will try to find the thread...i will be a bit of sorting through posts. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Trying but I only have my iPad and the pics aren't very clear. Ill be back in aus Monday with a digi camera. Current pictures don't do my discombobulated head justice

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back to the USA, no Internet in Australia. I'm going to attempt to put some pics up real quick.

Day 1

image_zps3a8baa24.jpg

image_zpsb57b1315.jpg

Day 3

image_zpsbea70008.jpg

image_zpsa7e238dd.jpg

Day 4

image_zps4d4c35fb.jpg

image_zpsc6ea43b6.jpg

Day 14

image_zpsb22a655b.jpg

image_zps2f14ea25.jpg

iPad took terrible pictures in aus so I apologize for not being more thorough.

Hah oops. Everything was edited to the correct rotation before posting, sorry. Ill see if I have some time to redo them next week, gotta pack and leave town for work

Hey Adam, I've had two surgeries done, one in NYC and one in Boca Raton. Both were doctors I researched extensively. I recommend consulting with Dr. Glen Charles in Boca, since he's relatively close to you. Reasonably priced, but not cheap. No need to look for a "bargain" in this instance. My scar is nonexistent, and my hair looks amazing!!! I don't believe you could go wrong with Dr. Charles. He will tell you what he can and cannot do, and will deliver as promised. Good luck.

Hey Adam, I've had two surgeries done, one in NYC and one in Boca Raton. Both were doctors I researched extensively. I recommend consulting with Dr. Glen Charles in Boca, since he's relatively close to you. Reasonably priced, but not cheap. No need to look for a "bargain" in this instance. My scar is nonexistent, and my hair looks amazing!!! I don't believe you could go wrong with Dr. Charles. He will tell you what he can and cannot do, and will deliver as promised. Good luck.
dude, pay attention. hes not interested in another bad scar which is why he went with Dr. Bhatti to have his FUT procedure repaired via FUE....:rolleyes: