Any recomendations on a good FUE BHT dr?

Adam1

copied from my previous thread:

Im 31 now but at 24 I had my first procedure with MHr in Tampa. small scar, about 4" and I want to say 1300 grafts? My temples were receding bad and they brought my hairline all the way up making it extremely thin and silly looking (I'm assuming to get me back in the door for another surgery). After a couple years my uncle who's a barber in wi told me about his landlord who had the surgery from dr Reese in mn and he couldn't tell anything was ever done. This got me extremely excited to go and have my first surgery corrected. Dr Reese was a former MHr surgeon who went off on his own to cater to patients a bit better. 2nd surgery went fine but I didn't know my scar would end up just above my ears on either side. I'm not sure about my number on this one but I want to say 2000ish. Great dr, great staff, but now this is twice where I'm told my scar should be 1mm or hand wrinkle size. A couple years later after emailing dr Reese's office I fly up there and they did a scar revision and a couple hundred grafts free of charge! Again great dr and great staff all the way but my scar still looks the same. I believe I'm a nw6? and propecia and overseas generic finastride has slowed it down a bunch but I know it'll all be gone eventually. I shave the sides with a 4 and the top with a 3 (I feel like the shorter it is the less thin it appears). Even with the 4 out back the absence of hair on the scar is visible. I'd just rather shave my head at this point but the scar is terrible and looks like a zipper. With thinking about 10 years down the road I'm not sure what to do at this point. I want to laser every other follicle off my body but if it'll be useful somewhere else I'll wait for one one to chime in.

So as of today im looking for a FUE dr to pull from my chest, abs, legs, wherever really to fill in my scar and thinnning areas. Ive searched a bit but maybe someone with personal experience can point me in the right direction. Im in FL so a dr in the area would be ideal but not necessary. thanks guys

Pics:

before any surgeries

Recovered_JPEGDigitalCamera_167.jpg

scar after last revision

DSC02776.jpg

yesterday before low cut

113-5_zps2f59c883.jpg

113-6_zpsbd69e8b4.jpg

113-7_zpsa5a22e63.jpg

113-8_zps848d799a.jpg

after shaved with a #1

113-4_zpsaf35dae5.jpg

113-3_zpsd2113f37.jpg

113-2_zps91abd627.jpg

113-1_zps5bdbfef9.jpg

Recovered_JPEGDigitalCamera_167.jpg.48658771d26c20bb97d3dd0fa9f4a2d5.jpg

DSC02776.jpg.c8db6ec6f8ac7e6837118af09d293961.jpg

113-5_zps2f59c883.jpg.762c59219ac8c9ea0912db75b49e3a08.jpg

113-8_zps848d799a.jpg.10a1ab79a70bd421db007ad2fd6f69df.jpg

113-4_zpsaf35dae5.jpg.e57e018757e12d3dbc929aabceb2130c.jpg

113-1_zps5bdbfef9.jpg.5daee5bc68856a2980694252d4c8775e.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scar is not good. I totally agree it needs repairing.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Adam,

Thanks for sharing your story. While there are several expert physicians recommended by this community who perform FUE, if BHT is something you're seriously considering, I'd suggest consulting with Dr. Sanusi Umar of Redondo Beach, CA. Dr. Umar is a leading expert in both FUE and BHT.

That said, you may be a candidate for scalp FUE alone without the need for BHT. To see a list of expert physicians we recommend in Florida, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

just filled out Umar's online thing. Spending $8 a graft is a bit rough so im hoping those discounts make a difference somehow. I leave my hair pretty short (#3-4) so using bht should be ok. id rather not exhaust my head if possible

One Word (BISANGA). Dr. Bisanga would be my number one choice when it comes to BHT. Good luck...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

After my last revision I just dont have high hopes and I don't want he scar any larger. It's at the point now where another cm on either side and id be able to see it in a mirror (if I can't see it I don't think about it) I can consider it though. Care to recommend anyone good for a revision?

Hi there,

In my opinion you also might want to consider another scar revision with a recommended doc, there are some very talented scar revises on here. Revise as much scar as possible whilst harvesting as many grafts as possible.

This way you can kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Then FUE after that. Utilise all your scalp donor prior to BHT in my opinion. BHT is HIGHLY inconsistent regardless of what some headless chickens say. BHT is a last resort after you have utilised scalp hair in my opinion.

Best

Spex

I strongly agree with SPEX here. Im going to do the same as well. A scar revision first with Dr. Feriduni then after a year a Beard hair FUE into my scar with Dr. Bisanga in order to save my donor for future thinning and Scalp FUE restoration :cool:

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Adam there is the same arguement with consistency of yield of even Fue let alone beard or body hair into a scar.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Yes but that doesn't require my head to be cut back open, a longer scar, and another 10 days of migraines and sitting up straight. That being said, I would much rather a revision if the results came out close to as promised.

• 2 weeks later...

About to schedule with dr bhatti, just have a couple questions for you guys.

I'm filling in my scar, crown, and adding density to the front. I'd like to stick with body hair as much as possible, then scalp, then beard. I'm trying to avoid the possibility of scarring on my face

Is there better hair suited for better areas for consistency? After this I want to be able to shave with a 2 or 3 and look relatively natural.

after a fut procedure and a failed revision, i wouldnt get my hopes too high about a thinner scar. sometimes it's just the scalp laxity(or lack of) that is the culprit regardless of the technique. if you were to revise it i would not go outside the scar at all, meaning dont extract any grafts with it. only take out the scar tissue and avoid excess tension. but i agree with going the fue route to fill the scar.

Adam, your hair really doesn't look that bad. The scar looks nasty when you shave your hair down to the bone, but it looks like you have a fair amount of donor hair left. Get the largest FUT possible first and use what you have...and make the scar look better. Let that sit a couple of years and consult with Dr. Umar in the meantime and get a good game plan moving forward if you need to start using your body hairs. Best of luck.

Tom

I too am concerned about beard scaring but from all the patient photos of Dr. Bhatti I have yet to see any unsightful beard scaring.

I know Dr. Bhatti prefers to use chest hair when it comes to body hair but again on average beard hair will grow longer and faster then chest (body hair) will. we have all seen people with beards 6-8 inches long if not longer but if ur gonna keep ur hair very short then its not as much of a concern I guess but the beard hairs will be thicker then body on average and give better density.

I happen to have quite a few 2's and 3's from by body and will certainly be utilizing them when I get a HT. I am shooting for a densely packed complete restoration cause I have unlimited body hair.

I would shoot for body hair to fill in ur scar and crown and scalp for the front along with beard. what does ur body hair look like?

body hair can take quite a long time to grow due to its long telogen phase. personally, I really dont care how long it takes to grow as long as it grows and my dam body hair is probably thicker then most people's beard hair.

in fact, id rather it take a longer time then shorter cause then it will be less noticable to others that you have had hairs transplanted.

II wouldn't use any body hair on your scar right now if you are planning on getting a larger FUT procedure later, it would be a waste of money, especially at 8 per graft. You will get a lot better looking scar with a good surgeon and use the rest of your donor hair. You probably won't even need body hair after that.

The pictures make it look a lot better than it really is. In person it's patchy up front, bald crown, and the scar is visible with anything lower than a #4. Can't cut it short due to scar, can't let it grow due to crown and odd frontal. That's my predicament

Going with bhatti due to patient feedback and cost. I feel that a dr with positive patient results and experience the job is the job. I've received estimates above $10 per graft which results in a $40k surgery. While some doctors in prime locations may be able to command such high prices, I'm not wealthy enough to justify that. Definitely not trying to be cheap but multiple happy patients make the choice easier

The pictures make it look a lot better than it really is. In person it's patchy up front, bald crown, and the scar is visible with anything lower than a #4. Can't cut it short due to scar, can't let it grow due to crown and odd frontal. That's my predicament

Going with bhatti due to patient feedback and cost. I feel that a dr with positive patient results and experience the job is the job. I've received estimates above $10 per graft which results in a $40k surgery. While some doctors in prime locations may be able to command such high prices, I'm not wealthy enough to justify that. Definitely not trying to be cheap but multiple happy patients make the choice easier

thats not being cheap. thats having common sense. for years I assumed I would need $40k+ as well but thankfully competition has driven the price down.

im not a rich man either but make very good money and even if I was rich I still would opt for Dr. Bhatti over most of the other HT surgeons.

these other FUE surgeons are out of their mind charging $8-10 a graft when Dr. Bhatti charges $1.3 per head graft and $2.8 per body graft.

some people are just fooled into thinkn if they pay more they will get better results. that's nonsense!

I mean how much money does a HT doctor need to make a week to live a very wealthy life?:rolleyes: personally, I think it is pathetic that many feel the need to rip people off cause they know people are so desperate to get their hair back which has ruined most peoples lives in one way or another and dont know any better.

at the prices these HT doctors charge they would have to be making $25,000-$50,000 a week! if they did an average of 1000 grafts per day at $8.00 a graft thats $40,000 a week. cmon! thats rediculous!

earning $10-20k a week would not be enough for a doctor to live comfortably on? chit, I know ER doctors that dont make anywhere near that kind of money. most make about $180-200k a year.

I strongly agree with SPEX. ADAM1, we both have almost the same scar. I decided to follow Spex advice to go first to Dr. Feriduni for a scar revision since Europe is close to me that USA. Then in the future I would go to Dr, Bisanga which I consider (Best FUE BHT Dr.) to use beard hair for my revised corrected scar.

Give a scar revision a chance first to save your beard grafts as you can get only 2000 grafts maximum in two sessions. I made a lot of homework and research and found SPEX advice is the most appropriate one. Dr. Lindsey is a good choice too as he is very very passionate in strips and revisions, he is the only doctor I know that pictures the strip taken away after surgery and that shows that he is really into it. He also contributes to every thread about scar revision so if you are in North America then Dr. Lindsey is the best choice for a Scar Revision :-)

My Hair Treatments:

GNX,

While I understand some of your frustration, I don't think there is any reason to state that all hair transplant surgeons are unethical, greedy, and ruin people's lives. Personally, I feel like the physicians on this network are dedicated, hardworking, and truly passionate about hair restoration.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.