Any recomendations on a good FUE BHT dr?

Adam1

I strongly agree with SPEX. ADAM1, we both have almost the same scar. I decided to follow Spex advice to go first to Dr. Feriduni for a scar revision since Europe is close to me that USA. Then in the future I would go to Dr, Bisanga which I consider (Best FUE BHT Dr.) to use beard hair for my revised corrected scar.

Give a scar revision a chance first to save your beard grafts as you can get only 2000 grafts maximum in two sessions. I made a lot of homework and research and found SPEX advice is the most appropriate one. Dr. Lindsey is a good choice too as he is very very passionate in strips and revisions, he is the only doctor I know that pictures the strip taken away after surgery and that shows that he is really into it. He also contributes to every thread about scar revision so if you are in North America then Dr. Lindsey is the best choice for a Scar Revision :-)

Just out of curiosity, how much does an average scar revision cost?

Trying to avoid beard hair as much as possible for facial scarring. I was going to laser every but of body hair off so they are welcome to take all of it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

This might be already too late Adam, but from memory Dr. Bhatti mentions in one of his videos that he can provide you with a letter to obtain a medical visa. Not sure if it's any cheaper but worth a shot if you haven't done so already.

I must say I'm REALLY looking forward to your experience with a BHT.

I'm yet to go in for my first HT but I'd like to preserve as much hair even on the back of my head as possible, so BHT seems like a great alternative.

Please keep us posted.

Just got my tourist visa back so I'm set. I'm nervous about the cabs and food, and just figuring things out in general. I feel like I'm going to be stuck in my room the entire time which should be about a week

GNX,

While I understand some of your frustration, I don't think there is any reason to state that all hair transplant surgeons are unethical, greedy, and ruin people's lives. Personally, I feel like the physicians on this network are dedicated, hardworking, and truly passionate about hair restoration.

where did I state ALL hair transplant surgeons were unethical, greedy and ruin peoples lives?:rolleyes: if ur gonna quote me on something then get ur facts straight.

there are plenty of hard working doctors on this forum. no one is disputing that.

Just got my tourist visa back so I'm set. I'm nervous about the cabs and food, and just figuring things out in general. I feel like I'm going to be stuck in my room the entire time which should be about a week

Mate, don't get stressed about travelling to India. Come with an open mind and go with the flow.

If you're not comfortable with local food, you will find a big array of western food and takeaways available.

As for cabs etc. ask Dr Bhatti to arrange airport pickups etc for you, that way you just have to look for the guy with your name written on a card and know you can trust him. Once at your hotel, get them to organise transport for you.

Just go with your guts and pick up the general vibe, from your pics you look like a street smart person.

Do your research about places to go beforehand on the net. I remember planning my first trip to Asia (Bangkok at the time) years ago and i even found a photo guide for how to get from the plane to the taxi rank, including a pic of each escalator etc.

In hindsight I laugh at it, as all you need is your calm and your common sense.

I've never been to India either, but I know that when I go (this or next year) I'll do my best to stay away from my hotel room and take in as much of the country, culture, people and food as I can in the short time. I urge you to do the same, it will broaden your horizon and change the way you see the world.

Thanks buddy. Ill be in Melbourne Australia for a few weeks prior. I love different cultures and food I guess it's just the language barrier I'm worried about. I'd rather explore the city than sit in the hotel but ill also be just out of surgery so ill probably just stay in.

Top 3 BHT Doctors based on posted results and long experience are:-

1- Dr. Bisanga (Brussels- Belgium)

2- Dr. Umar (California-USA)

3- Dr. A (New Delhi-India)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Adam when is your HT.

You have nothing to worry about, get Dr Bhatti to arrange your taxi from the airport also get him to book your hotel (Home) Ive heard this hotel is very good and Dr Bhatti gets discount for his patients (about 40 pounds a night)

I also know he will arrange a tour of the city after your procedure. Drink only bottle water and stay away from salad food as they are washed from normal tap water and dont drink cold drinks that have ice in them. Only have hot food as this wont give you the runs.

The city where your staying has alot of fast foods, nandos, pizza hut, Mc'ds, Dimo pizza and their only hot millions restaurants (fast food)....you wont go hungry.

The main town centre is called section 17....if you want to shop for clothes this is the place. Also Ive heard they have now a shopping mall called Fun Republic!!!

Sector 17... Isn't that where Dr. Bhatti's new clinic is?

EDIT: Appologies, it's Dr. Sohi's... Remember looking it up on google maps to get an idea of the city.

Edited by hairmore
added correction

copied from my previous thread:

Im 31 now but at 24 I had my first procedure with MHr in Tampa. small scar, about 4" and I want to say 1300 grafts? My temples were receding bad and they brought my hairline all the way up making it extremely thin and silly looking (I'm assuming to get me back in the door for another surgery). After a couple years my uncle who's a barber in wi told me about his landlord who had the surgery from dr Reese in mn and he couldn't tell anything was ever done. This got me extremely excited to go and have my first surgery corrected. Dr Reese was a former MHr surgeon who went off on his own to cater to patients a bit better. 2nd surgery went fine but I didn't know my scar would end up just above my ears on either side. I'm not sure about my number on this one but I want to say 2000ish. Great dr, great staff, but now this is twice where I'm told my scar should be 1mm or hand wrinkle size. A couple years later after emailing dr Reese's office I fly up there and they did a scar revision and a couple hundred grafts free of charge! Again great dr and great staff all the way but my scar still looks the same. I believe I'm a nw6? and propecia and overseas generic finastride has slowed it down a bunch but I know it'll all be gone eventually. I shave the sides with a 4 and the top with a 3 (I feel like the shorter it is the less thin it appears). Even with the 4 out back the absence of hair on the scar is visible. I'd just rather shave my head at this point but the scar is terrible and looks like a zipper. With thinking about 10 years down the road I'm not sure what to do at this point. I want to laser every other follicle off my body but if it'll be useful somewhere else I'll wait for one one to chime in.

So as of today im looking for a FUE dr to pull from my chest, abs, legs, wherever really to fill in my scar and thinnning areas. Ive searched a bit but maybe someone with personal experience can point me in the right direction. Im in FL so a dr in the area would be ideal but not necessary. thanks guys

Pics:

before any surgeries

Recovered_JPEGDigitalCamera_167.jpg

scar after last revision

DSC02776.jpg

yesterday before low cut

113-5_zps2f59c883.jpg

113-6_zpsbd69e8b4.jpg

113-7_zpsa5a22e63.jpg

113-8_zps848d799a.jpg

after shaved with a #1

113-4_zpsaf35dae5.jpg

113-3_zpsd2113f37.jpg

113-2_zps91abd627.jpg

113-1_zps5bdbfef9.jpg

Hi Adam;

I understand your clarity about searching for a doctor who is experienced in well recommended. This is always the best approach and one of the driving purposes behind HTN. HTN is a consumer driven forum and doctors recommended here go a thorough peer and consumer evaluation. I can without reservation recommend Dr. Parsa Mohebi whom I work for and who is recommended on this forum.

Dr. Mohebi currently is chairman of the ISHRS FUE committee and has conducted studies in FUE to advance the procedure.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

where did I state ALL hair transplant surgeons were unethical, greedy and ruin peoples lives?:rolleyes: if ur gonna quote me on something then get ur facts straight.

there are plenty of hard working doctors on this forum. no one is disputing that.

In an earlier reply, I interpreted some remarks as sweeping generalizations about all hair transplant surgeons. If I read this incorrectly, I apologize; I didn't mean to misquote or misinterpret.

Additionally, I agree that there are a lot of ethical, hard working hair restoration doctors operating today.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

just filled out Umar's online thing. Spending $8 a graft is a bit rough so im hoping those discounts make a difference somehow. I leave my hair pretty short (#3-4) so using bht should be ok. id rather not exhaust my head if possible

You can't go wrong with Dr. Umar. He is the top expert in FUE/head hair, nape hair and body hair. His results speak for themselves, as Bill has noted.

Atticus :)

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I agree that his results are great but its hard to justify a $25,000 difference for the same procedure. Pretty sure that's what the earlier comments were hinting around

You get you pay for. Fee should not be the determining factor as to where you go. I do wish him luck wherever he goes.

Atticus

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked my flights to Chandigarh for a week from today, staying there for a week. Dr bhatti arranged for a car and a nice hotel. Everything thus far has been easy with their office. Getting nervous.. Thinking about using scalp donor for the crown and body hair to make everything appear fuller. My hair is always very short but that may be because of the loss. Maybe ill have a chance to rock a mullet just because I can :)

Good Luck Adam. If you need anymore advice about india PM me.

Do you know what hotel you staying in, also I take it you are landing in New Delhi and than taxi to chandigarh.

Edited by jayukdht

Good luck.

This has been an interesting thread to read, please update as you go along!

Hope it all works out well for you.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Just booked my flights to Chandigarh for a week from today, staying there for a week. Dr bhatti arranged for a car and a nice hotel. Everything thus far has been easy with their office. Getting nervous.. Thinking about using scalp donor for the crown and body hair to make everything appear fuller. My hair is always very short but that may be because of the loss. Maybe ill have a chance to rock a mullet just because I can :)

Dr. Bhatti seems pretty confident with using BHT. One of my best friends who was a EX Rahal patient as well is going to him for Beard hair into crown and scar with some little scalp FUE as well this year.

Wish you all the luck and looking forward for your results. India is only 3 hours away from here. :D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

You get you pay for. Fee should not be the determining factor as to where you go. I do wish him luck wherever he goes.

Atticus

no actually you dont always get what u pay for. there are plenty of patients that have gone to top rated HT surgeons and not received the results they were hoping for.

and when a HT doctor is performing nothing but excellent results then fee should absolutely be a determining factor.

there are more expensive doctors out there then Umar but you chose him over others so fee was not your determining factor.

no actually you dont always get what u pay for. there are plenty of patients that have gone to top rated HT surgeons and not received the results they were hoping for.

and when a HT doctor is performing nothing but excellent results then fee should absolutely be a determining factor.

there are more expensive doctors out there then Umar but you chose him over others so fee was not your determining factor.

Well, I never thought about it from that angle. Good point.

Happy St. Patricio Day!!!!

Atticus

i used to believe you get what you pay for but this is not even close to gauranteeing a good result. i have seen terrible terrible results from the BEST(subjective) clinics in the world. i have seen AMAZING(subjective) results from doctors who charge 2EURO per graft. i have seen terrible FUE by doctors that charge $8 to $10 per graft. i have seen lives absolutely ruined by what are generally considered the top doctors in the world via necrosis, stretched scars, terrible yield, depleted donor through bad judgement and mishandling etc. the human body's unpredictable combined with the many factors that affect the clinic daily make the 'you get what you pay for' rule questionable. thats not to say you will get a stellar result from a cheap clinic. im just trying to hammer the point home that surgery is a gamble and if can be avoided, then it should be. when it goes great it goes great but when it goes wrong it is usually worse mentally than pre op.

i used to believe you get what you pay for but this is not even close to gauranteeing a good result. i have seen terrible terrible results from the BEST(subjective) clinics in the world. i have seen AMAZING(subjective) results from doctors who charge 2EURO per graft. i have seen terrible FUE by doctors that charge $8 to $10 per graft. i have seen lives absolutely ruined by what are generally considered the top doctors in the world via necrosis, stretched scars, terrible yield, depleted donor through bad judgement and mishandling etc. the human body's unpredictable combined with the many factors that affect the clinic daily make the 'you get what you pay for' rule questionable. thats not to say you will get a stellar result from a cheap clinic. im just trying to hammer the point home that surgery is a gamble and if can be avoided, then it should be. when it goes great it goes great but when it goes wrong it is usually worse mentally than pre op.
amen to that Mickey...;) ive also seen great results from Indian doctors who charge even less then 2 euros....:D ur right, surgery is a calculated risk and there are no guarantees.