Hair Restoration Physicians in Ontario Not Allowed to Participate on our Community

Due to medical laws in Ontario, hair restoration physicians in Ontario will no longer be allowed to actively participate on our community or any similar resource that distinguishes one physician from another based on quality. Unfortunately, this affects both Dr. Hussain Rahal's and Dr. Cam Simmons' ability to participate on our community at this time.

Both Dr. Hussain Rahal and Dr. Cam Simmons have an outstanding reputation for producing excellent results and have been active members of our community for some time. Thus, it's regrettable that both physicians are currently no longer allowed to participate.

In the interest of best serving potential patients, we suggest that those seeking a hair restoration physician in Ontario search our forum for patient reviews using the names of the physician they are considering. Based on our visits to leading hair transplant clinics and long time patient feedback, we suggest that patients research and consider Dr. Cam Simmons and Dr. Hussain Rahal in particular.

While these physicians can't currently participate, patients of both Dr. Rahal and Dr. Simmons are still encouraged to participate and share their experiences and photos.

If the above rules and regulations, which only affects physicians in Ontario change, we hope that Dr. Rahal and Dr. Simmons will re-join our community and participate once again.

Thanks for everyone's understanding on this matter.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill and Pat

Come on Bill, it's way past April Fools Day. This can't be true! These are two of the very best in the world. What is wrong with Ontario? Can their patient coordinators or someone from the clinic post for them??

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Uh, what kind of law is this exactly? Physicians can't be differentiated from each other based on quality? You must be kidding.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

RCWest and aaron1234,

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. There is a governing college in Ontario that has certain rules and regulations for physicians that they must abide by. Unfortunately, our community can't do anything about this but hopefully, in time, this will be challenged and changed.

I will keep you posted if anything changes.

Best wishes,

Bill

Is this what we have to look forward to with socialized medicine coming to the US?

;) Ut oh, you went there.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Is this what we have to look forward to with socialized medicine coming to the US?

Unfortunately, yes it is. To differentiate based on quality of their work -- my gosh, that's so evil and UNFAIR! What a joke. I don't understand why our world is so backwards right now.

Well after all, A law is a law. We will be missing Dr. Rahal results appearance in HTN. He was also removed from IAHRS too. That would really affect his business, he really should consider changing the location of his clinic to Toronto or somewhere else. Glad to know that H&W is not affected too. Screw Ontario.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Upon reading this news I was pretty bummed out about people attempting to keep information away from patients, but really Dr. Rahal will still be heavily discussed on this message board because of his great work and his happy patients. In reality this is a patient driven message board and I would think 90% of all posts are made by patients. With that said it is frustrating that Dr. Rahal's video interviews, information, ect will no longer be a choice for patients on these kinds of message boards. Hopefully this law will be over-turned.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I just spoke with Dr. Rahal about this yesterday. I, much like the majority here find it incredible. What a load of nonsense. On what level does this even make sense?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Unbelievable. While I haven't had any interactions with Dr. Rahal, I have had the occasion to communicate with Dr. Simmons on this community. Both have an excellent reputation and have helped raise the bar of patient education.

I'm sorry to hear this.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...

This is the most Pathetic law ever! surely governing bodies want to protect patients!!! By not allowing patients to research and choose the best surgeons, there will be more patients being butchered!

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• 4 weeks later...

It's funny. I tried browsing through the cases today and noticed Rahal's name was missing. I was shocked and even considered that he might no longer be recommended which, in light of his amazing and consistent results, seemed utterly ridiculous.

Glad to know there is a logical explanation, but dismayed to actually find out what that explanation is! Hopefully the continued stream of posts from satisfied patients of both Rahal's and Simmons will keep them present on the forums. I also hope that law gets thrown out! Utterly absurd.

• 2 months later...