Today was a bit embarrassing

Buzz2

Hi All

I was ay work today, in a middle of a busy office, when a girl said to me " Your hair looks different, your hair line is better, have you had some of those implants"

Just as I could feel myslef getting hot a sweaty and a little bit red, someone called for me in the next offfice and I got away with it. Later when I regained my composure I went back to tell her that I have been on Propecia and Minoxidil for the last year.

It was actually the result of my HT coming through. Itshould of been a great moment in theory, but it made me feel uneasy and I was shaking like mad.

I thought I would share that with everyone.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

What a stupid girl. Some people are just insensitive or plain ignorant!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

well she did say it "looked better"

so it's hard to tell from here if it was a backhanded compliment or

mean-spirited.

i would probably just say "hey thanks...I like the way it looks as well".

it's amazing that women that use all kinds of disguises, paints, gloss, cosmetic surgeries, ect to cover or change their face from the way it naturally looks are sometimes the very first to point out if a guy does something to enhance his look wth something like a hair transplant

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I think you guys are way over thinking this one. It doesn't sound at all like the girl meant it to be hurtful. She was actually trying to give a compliment. We are just so paranoid about hair loss, HT's, etc. The way she put it sounded like it wasn't a big deal to her.

At some point in time, HT's will become more of the norm and socially acceptable and a comment like this won't be the anomaly.

I dropped by my office today after having a 4300 graft surgery 3 days ago. wore sunglasses but no hat. Basically I just decided "F-it" I dont really care what people think because I am on the road to looking better. Yeah i sort of look like hell now, but doesn't a butterfly start as caterpillar? One wise-guy made some smart remark and acting dead serious I said "wow dude you're really going to make fun of someone with a brain tumor"? I let him squirm a few moments, then I laughed and said "ah you idiot I don't have a brain tumor I had a hair transplant". Once the initial shock wears off people go back to their own little world with their own worries/insecurities and have better things to do than worry about someone else's scalp.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

It's funny how people deem it ok to insult people about hairloss in public...yet saying people gained weight is taboo...I only hope one day this is reversed!

Hi All

I was ay work today, in a middle of a busy office, when a girl said to me " Your hair looks different, your hair line is better, have you had some of those implants"

Just as I could feel myslef getting hot a sweaty and a little bit red, someone called for me in the next offfice and I got away with it. Later when I regained my composure I went back to tell her that I have been on Propecia and Minoxidil for the last year.

It was actually the result of my HT coming through. Itshould of been a great moment in theory, but it made me feel uneasy and I was shaking like mad.

Buzz2,

I was wondering, why didn't you just answer saying 'yes I have'. This was just one individual but there'll many others who'll ask you the same question. So why not just accept the fact and be open about it? Anyways, things will only get better now and you should be upbeat that people are noticing the difference. :)

Cheers!

I think it is positive Buzz and compliment to Dr Saifi work if she thinks you look better.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I dropped by my office today after having a 4300 graft surgery 3 days ago. wore sunglasses but no hat. Basically I just decided "F-it" I dont really care what people think because I am on the road to looking better. Yeah i sort of look like hell now, but doesn't a butterfly start as caterpillar? One wise-guy made some smart remark and acting dead serious I said "wow dude you're really going to make fun of someone with a brain tumor"? I let him squirm a few moments, then I laughed and said "ah you idiot I don't have a brain tumor I had a hair transplant". Once the initial shock wears off people go back to their own little world with their own worries/insecurities and have better things to do than worry about someone else's scalp.

You definitely "get it", that is perhaps the best post HT approach one can take, but it takes balls and confidence to pull it off. Kudos to you sir for doing it.

Women find the hairloss issue not a big deal and are a little insensitive so when she puts weight on make sure you tell her.

I actually had a moment like this 2 months after my latest op I was working for a new company while I was going through the ugly duckling phase to hide from my usual work friends and a guy said to me have you done a Rooney obviously he'd seen me go from a shaved down thin head to a affro in 2 months lol I said as if we could afford something like that then a few days later I pointed out the fact that he had some weird skin disease on his nose infront of everyone at dinner! Good times!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hi All

Hey Mate!

Yes, unfortunately the stigma still remains regarding Baldness and doing something about it. People make fun of you for being bald and at times chastise a person for resolving the issue. Maybe it's just time for HT survivors (LOL) to be proud and say " Yeah, I got tired of the bald jokes." and give a caviler smile. Resolving a medical condition is nothing to be embarrassed about. So, the public attitude change needed may well rest in the minds and words of HT patients. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hi all

Wow, I wasnt expecting a response like this.

To be honest the manner in which is was said shows she was impressed with my hair and that she didnt really believe that I would of had surgery. It was a compliment. Never the less still an awkaward moment for me!

Although you want and expect a ht to be completely undectable. It cant be really if you want a great result. Otherwise it wouldnt be a great result.

The people I see day to day regularly, havent really noticed because they dont see a sudden change, its a slow process. I guess its the people you see once in a while that could possibly notice (and this one did)

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

• 2 weeks later...

Leave a bottle of 'FemFresh' on her desk when she's not there and look at the horror on her face when she returns to her seat.

I'm joking. Just ignore her and take it as a compliment, that's what i do. I also take it as a compliment when people are amazed and need convincing that the hairs have been transplanted!

2800 FUE, Istanbul