Dr wesley scarless fue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't mentioned anywhere on the forum? I forget where I heard it from but not sure it the information I have is correct, that is why I asked him.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I hate to rain on everyone's joy parade but I'm a huge skeptic. Be very cautious. This mirrors an experience that I had years ago, buying stock in a small biotech company.

Supposedly, they had developed a new device and surgical technique for cataract surgery. They painted a pretty picture and gave a very optimistic outlook, including assurances of FDA approval. When people pushed them for more substance or meetings, something always happened. Time tables didn't match up, last minute issues popped up, etc.

There were bulletin boards then too. They had several people posting that had claimed to have seen the device and the technique work, then subsequently vouched for it. It was touted as revolutionary. When they were questioned strenuously or when interested seemed to wane, more postitive news would pop up, mostly in regard to interested investors or pending FDA approval. I can go on but I think most of you can see where this is going. The glowing supporters turned out to be plants.

Let me say that I don't know this surgeon and I don't know anyone who has had a transplant from him. He may be a phenomenal surgeon for all I know. Regardless, flares went up when I read this thread.

Truly, I won't be surprised if I hear that people have contacted him in regard to being investors, hear that some have already invested or that he's planning on incorporating and having an IPO as soon as the FDA approval comes through.

I hate to rain on everyone's joy parade but I'm a huge skeptic. Be very cautious. This mirrors an experience that I had years ago, buying stock in a small biotech company.

Supposedly, they had developed a new device and surgical technique for cataract surgery. They painted a pretty picture and gave a very optimistic outlook, including assurances of FDA approval. When people pushed them for more substance or meetings, something always happened. Time tables didn't match up, last minute issues popped up, etc.

There were bulletin boards then too. They had several people posting that had claimed to have seen the device and the technique work, then subsequently vouched for it. It was touted as revolutionary. When they were questioned strenuously or when interested seemed to wane, more postitive news would pop up, mostly in regard to interested investors or pending FDA approval. I can go on but I think most of you can see where this is going. The glowing supporters turned out to be plants.

Let me say that I don't know this surgeon and I don't know anyone who has had a transplant from him. He may be a phenomenal surgeon for all I know. Regardless, flares went up when I read this thread.

Truly, I won't be surprised if I hear that people have contacted him in regard to being investors, hear that some have already invested or that he's planning on incorporating and having an IPO as soon as the FDA approval comes through.

Not sure this is being fair to Dr. Wesley. I didn't see him asking anyone on this forum for money.

I'm met with Dr. Wesley and, while the scheduling didn't work out to have a HT with him, I found him to be a very honest and knowledgable doctor. I would be completely comfortable with him.

I don't have a dog in this fight.

As I've said, I don't know the doctor and I don't know anyone who's had a hair transplant from him either. Nothing in my post detracts from him being a knowledgeable doctor and if you were going to see him in regard to a HT, I would expect him to be honest with you as well.

I'm simply relaying that I've seen something similar to this happen in the past.

Of course you wouldn't see anything on the forum in regard to him asking for money. I would think the board moderators would instantly take a topic of that nature and shut it down.

I'm guessing that a few enterprising people have thought to themselves how good this idea sounds and that if it's going to get FDA /patent approval, maybe they can get in on the ground floor and make a few bucks. Without a doubt, it would be a private correspondence.

I have no knowledge of anything like this happening. For all I know, it never has and I'm simply a babbling idiot. I simply stumbled on the topic on the bulletin board and read it.

To be clear to others: Don't listen to me. Do your own research, make your own decisions and if by chance you get a HT from this doctor (using or not using his scarless technique), please post your results.

Edited by steve0580

Steve,

What you describe is definitely not something new. This happens quite frequently with healthcare related biotech companies touting new tools or techniques that are heavily guarded and never fully come to fruition.

However, I can state with certainty that this is not the case here. Dr. Wesley isn't designing this technique to obtain investors, sell a product to make billions, etc, etc; he's doing it because he's a physician scientist looking to better a technique.

Having said that, I do thank you for being skeptical. Historically speaking, hair restoration is one of the worst culprits with regard to secretive "miracle cures" with no actual promise, so it's always smart to remain cautiously optimistic. However, I do know Dr. Wesley is truly working toward ethically bettering FUE, and I look forward to more updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I agree with Future's comments Steve in both respects--acknowledging your skepticism is well founded but also acknowledging dr. Wesley is looking to advance the cause via science in the first instance, developing new means to tackle an existing problem. His public updates on his double blind trial and stated intention to review the findings in October at the big hair conference are testimony to that.

Check this out

(Dr Wesley's PILOFOCUS Graft Survival Test Grafts vs Traditional FUE)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi, Steve0580. I can certainly understand any skepticism and I'm the same way when I hear of any new medical/surgical innovation prior to its publication in a respected peer-reviewed journal. What I can tell you is that we already received our Series A round of funding quite some time ago. The interested parties believed (as I do) in the theoretical benefits of using this approach. Now, the challenge has been turning that theory into actual clinical results. I have to admit that I've been pleasantly surprised thus far with the efficacy of the harvesting method.

Lorenzo, our method is different from what you described and I will certainly reveal the details publicly at the ISHRS Conference (if not beforehand). I do, however, appreciate all of the speculation as people are thinking of ways to improve on our field's current methods! Just as you pointed out, challenges such as consistent creation of ideal grafts (just as with FUE and FUT) is something we want to ensure before this ISHRS event. Steve0580's also correct in assuming a few timetable delays. Those are inevitable with medicine and biology in general.

I can assure you, however, that all online advocates in support of this harvesting approach are NOT plants. They are all patients who have either come in for a consultation and heard firsthand about the rationale and details of the device or have experienced it themselves as they were involved in the initial clinical trial (the prelim results from which can be

). They've voiced their support because, together, we all believe that this is something that will benefit everyone suffering from hair loss.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Wanted to bump this thread to share some information:

I had the opportunity to Skype with Dr. Wesley yesterday and discuss the new procedure, and I'm very impressed!

It's a highly innovative approach, and I'm eager to watch it progress. However, like Dr. Wesley previously stated, the procedure is still undergoing some final review and patenting, so he can't share the full details at this point in time.

Having said that, as soon as all the technical work is completed, Dr. Wesley will gladly share the details and move forward with the new technique!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 months later...

I don't want to be pessimistic and I hope I am wrong, but even if the procedure is indeed scarless, there will be hundreds or thousands of missing follicles which would be just as evident as the scarring that they are trying to eradicate. The missing follicles still pose alot of the limitations that the scarring does such as not being able to shave to a guard zero. I might be wrong and will find out when this procedure finally sees the light of day.

The information about this procedure is publicly available. Someone posted it on another forum. It's all contained within a patent application. I cant remember where but if you search you should find it.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1978matt,

You are right...information about Dr. Wesley's procedure has been "leaked" prematurely. However, out of respect to Dr. Wesley, we have not presented this information on this forum. That said, Dr. Wesley will soon be presenting new information to our patient community first which also includes detailed photographs showing the extraction procedure, etc.

Best wishes,

Bill

Mickey,

I share your questions/concerns. It's true that while there may not be scarring, the follicles themselves will be missing and thus, harvesting too much donor hair from a particular area would create a similar problem. It will be interesting to see how Dr. Wesley addresses these areas.

Best wishes,

Bill

Mickey,

I share your questions/concerns. It's true that while there may not be scarring, the follicles themselves will be missing and thus, harvesting too much donor hair from a particular area would create a similar problem. It will be interesting to see how Dr. Wesley addresses these areas.

Best wishes,

Bill

I'm cautious of all the bold claims made by surgeons when it comes to the two factors that have plagued hair transplantation since its inception; eradicating scarring and creating new hair follicles. Dr Gho fits into both categories and we still have not seen if the donor regenerates. His procedure produces very minimal scarring due to the tiny punches used, but show me an Asian or African donor or any ethnicity that is prone to scarring? What about yield? If he is good enough to use .5mm and .6mm to blindly extract half a graft(as he explained to Spencer Kobren) AND regenerate donor hair, why is the yield below average? Either he is transecting or his techs have been killing grafts upon handling and insertion(since Gho's procedure's inception...). It does not add up. The fact that one doctor told me Gho has not been answering his calls in regards to wanting to personally learn and witness the technique... I don't know.

I'm not lumping Dr. Wesley in with Dr. Gho. I'm just very skeptical. "When something is too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true".

There's no such thing as scarless surgery, period. Don't care what the claims are or who make them.

Whenever a cut, laceration, incision, etc., no matter how small that incision is, there will be scar tissue formed during the healing process. That's the physiological truth and fact of science. Anyone claiming otherwise is not being truthful. :rolleyes:

Whether it's visible or not, or better stated, "the degree of visibility" is another issue altogether. And quite possibly that is the implication of this new isolated technique.

But then why give it a misleading title or label and call it "Scarless FUE"? IMHO and I have said it before, it's very misleading, and especially to the younger men who are newbies and want to wear real short hair styles. It's so obvious that this label is primarily intended to target them. Again my opinion.

And since it is also scientific fact that individuals heal differently, are there any "guarantees" that there will be no visible scarring? Of course not.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for improving methods and attempts to minimize the invasiveness of HT surgery, but let's not give it misleading labels to market the techniques either.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

There's no such thing as scarless surgery, period. Don't care what the claims are or who make them.

Whenever a cut, laceration, incision, etc., no matter how small that incision is, there will be scar tissue formed during the healing process. That's the physiological truth and fact of science. Anyone claiming otherwise is not being truthful. :rolleyes:

Whether it's visible or not, or better stated, "the degree of visibility" is another issue altogether. And quite possibly that is the implication of this new isolated technique.

But then why give it a misleading title or label and call it "Scarless FUE"? IMHO and I have said it before, it's very misleading, and especially to the younger men who are newbies and want to wear real short hair styles. It's so obvious that this label is primarily intended to target them. Again my opinion.

And since it is also scientific fact that individuals heal differently, are there any "guarantees" that there will be no visible scarring? Of course not.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for improving methods and attempts to minimize the invasiveness of HT surgery, but let's not give it misleading labels to market the techniques either.

Have i ever mentioned that i love your posts?

Love yours too bro! You say it like it is. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY