Dr wesley scarless fue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such a thing a "scarless Fue". :eek:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Yes, there is such a thing as a scarless FUE. As noted on previous posts, Dr. Wesley has developed a way to get the hair without leaving a visible scar. I've been lucky enogh to get a briefing on it by the Dr. himself, and, like others, will not reveal the method. Given the time and effort and cost Dr. Wesley has put into this, I hope that he comes back to everyone soon with an update.

Still dying to hear more about this!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

The term scarless is misleading. It is impossible to make a cut or incision without the body developing some level of scar tissue during the healing process. It is a scientific fact.

How visible the scarring is is a seperate issue and topic altogethor. :rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

like others, will not reveal the method.

That's exciting Davis91!

Although for obvious reasons you can't reveal the Scarless Fue Method Dr. Wesley has seemingly discovered....would you personally advise someone like jcass is asking...to postpone a procedure because you were so impressed and think it could be available soon?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I hope results are showcased soon because this technique as well as Dr. GHO's donor saving fue has been the talk of town for a while. Some guys are holding off on their transplants waiting to see patient posted results and experiences with these things. It's been months or even over a year and we are all dying to know.

Can the moderators get some research on it or findings of any sort from Dr. Wesley? All surgeries do produce a scar but this must produce it in a way that is very hard to detect. Harder than a .75mm punch in fue. So many thoughts are running through my mind as I read about it and check other things Dr. Wesley is researching. I wonder if it has to do anything with regeneration or combination of PRP injections or other things to reduce the look of scar tissue or the use of some sort of acell like dressing. I noticed that our field dressings in the military might have helped reduce some scars/burn marks as well as preserve some hairs on that injured area. I have been guessing about it for a while now and trying to analyze it through my own scientific internet research. I am really dying to know. I have been waiting since corvettetester specifically corrected me on the type of technique this was months back. I said it sounded like a revolutionary technique and he said it was evolutionary or something as he seemed to know a little about it but couldn't say.

Source: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163529-clinical-trial-dr-wesley-morning.html#post2283748

A few folks that seem to know have kept their silence. So there is a lot of excitement as well as hope built up.

I can understand this being proprietary but are there any before and after results or few month updates not showing any surgical photos? I just want to see the hair growth and the donor area. I am not looking to see the procedure photos as it is unique to Dr. Wesley's practice. It would at least give me comfort this is something that does work and I do not see a close up scars of any sort with high resolution pics.

Edited by Sean
Added source to more info

I don't know what it is about Dr. Wesley that has make everyone not say anything, but I found him to be and honest, focused, and energetic fellow and I trusted him right away. It just has never occured to me to utter a word about it to anyone--he basically revealed the method, described where he was/is in the trial stages, and where he hopes to go from here. He did not make me sign anything or swear a secret oath. But I respect him and his concept is indeed very unique, and it may revolutionize the game a bit for thos who want a "scarless FUE." And it is FUE. Look at the longer posts on it. Many who know it were astonished by the concept, and you will kind of go "wow" when you realize what he has done. I hope it works out as he closes the trials and I hope that he feels comfortable enough to start offering it regularly.

As to the question of postponing, I would say since it is FUE and the depate on Strip vs. FUE regarding total hair available is still unresolved, it MAY depend on the level of overall hair loss. It MAY also be not a factor. There are other things involved in the proceedure which may or may not limit options for some. All I can say for sure is if you want more information now, go visit him in person. Regardless, you will get an honest assesment of your hair loss from an upstanding fellow who will be looking out for your best interests.

I was supposed to schedule a skype session earlier this year with Dr. Wesley to discuss the procedure, but the dates never fully lined up. I believe he was able to discuss the process with Bill, but, either way, I'm still very, very eager to find out more.

He's a very talented and scientifically minded doctor, and I know he'll share the information once he's gone through all the proper channels and feels the evidence is compelling and significant.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

No such thing as "scar less", a paper cut causes a scar.

But if it's microscopic for all practical cosmetic purposes it is "scar-less".

Just like a "touchless" car wash is not entirely "touchless" in that water and soap does indeed "touch" the vehicle.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

As long as the scars are invisible to the naked eye and patiens are able to shave to the skin with no white dots, then it's scarless from patients prospective.

Who cares if there are some scars that are visible under a microscope. Ppl on the streets don't walk with microscopes just checking out your donor area.

As for dr. Wesley procedure, on his website he said it would be available as early as 2012 but then he changed It to 2013, He has an option on his site where you can request info about this scarless procedure, i did that but i never heared back from him, not even an email as a reply to my official request through the site.

So currently i think the only scarless procedure is dr. Gho's HST. I had my procedure couple of weeks ago and today i shaved my donor grade 1/2 with no visible scars, i will shave down to the skin if/when the transplanted hair fall off and will be able to tell if there are any tiny little scars or dots, but so far things are looking good since i will always sport the buzzed look and having no scars was my top priority.

As long as the scars are invisible to the naked eye and patiens are able to shave to the skin with no white dots, then it's scarless from patients prospective.

Who cares if there are some scars that are visible under a microscope. Ppl on the streets don't walk with microscopes just checking out your donor area.

As for dr. Wesley procedure, on his website he said it would be available as early as 2012 but then he changed It to 2013, He has an option on his site where you can request info about this scarless procedure, i did that but i never heared back from him, not even an email as a reply to my official request through the site.

So currently i think the only scarless procedure is dr. Gho's HST. I had my procedure couple of weeks ago and today i shaved my donor grade 1/2 with no visible scars, i will shave down to the skin if/when the transplanted hair fall off and will be able to tell if there are any tiny little scars or dots, but so far things are looking good since i will always sport the buzzed look and having no scars was my top priority.

You ended up having HST with Dr. Gho?

If so, you should definitely make a thread and share the experience with some images!

You ended up having HST with Dr. Gho?

If so, you should definitely make a thread and share the experience with some images!

I only got an ipad with me right now but I will share my experience once im backhome in couple of weeks.

I dont wanna hijack this topic, but for now i can answer any question on the HST thread or through messages.

Congratulaions Aimforhair.

Be nice to hear your experience when you are back.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I only got an ipad with me right now but I will share my experience once im backhome in couple of weeks.

I dont wanna hijack this topic, but for now i can answer any question on the HST thread or through messages.

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing more.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your continued interest in this topic (a patience!). Yes. We had initially projected a 2012 completion date, but instrumentation involves a fairly intricate development process. I can tell you that things have continued to progress very well on the development front. After a conference call with our team of engineers last week, it appears that we are on target for a follow-up clinical trial using the completed instrument by February of 2013.

There was a reference to another doctor's method. I'm very excited that others are looking into eliminating the stigma of visible scarring in our field. However, what's equally (if not more) important is the associated hair growth of the transplanted hairs once transplanted. Therefore, I have been gathering data from our initial trial (using a more basic iteration of the instrument) that was initiated late last year. I plan to have some comparative growth analysis between:

1) this new method,

2) traditional FUE,

3) and strip harvest grafts

by December of this year.

P.S. I'm surprised to hear that an information request to our office did not receive a response. We are generally quite responsive. Please email: drwesley.office@gmail.com if you'd like to learn more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We are sharing the preliminary results from our initial clinical trial focused on graft survival. While the scarless approach to harvesting has been the focus of much attention, this alternative method also provides the equally-important benefit of potentially increased transplanted hair follicle growth.

By providing a direct comparison between the growth of grafts harvested using traditional follicular unit extraction (FUE) versus those harvested with our alternative method, this investigation highlights both the rate of growth and the ultimate survival of transplanted hair follicles using each method.

The results are promising, to say the least. And it is very important to point out that the investigator conducting the hair counts was completely blinded to the type of graft transplanted in the area examined. This eliminated any potential bias in quantifying hair follicle survival.

Dr. Wesley thank you for the video and information. I look forward seeing the future in this. My understanding that the grafts are taking from underneath the skin making an insision behind the ear. If this is correct do the grafts just come out from underneath the skin or it there an instrument like FUE that is used to remove them. Although it probaly appears scarless in appearance would there be scars underneath the skin (no big deal nobody see it) and also a scar where the original insision behind the ear is made? Although I dont know but are there any grafts damaged from underneath the skin to take out grafts? How do you see the graft underneath the skin when you are taking them out?

I am very intreged by this is sounds very promising, Thanks once again for sharing your video.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson