Who would u say are top 5 ht surgeons globally?

Hi I have been reading this website for a while. I am based in Europe but am happy to travel to a top 5 ht surgeon as I would like to get it done as best as possible.

I need about 3000 to 4000 grafts. Do u recommend strip or fue as generally I like my hair short on the back and sides.

Who would u say are the best 5 globally? I Hoping for a few different people opinions

Many thanks

Hairchop8

There are more than 5 excellent surgeons on here and it would be very difficult to measure one against another.

Just do your research and select the 5 you feel are the best to help you achieve your goal.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Rahal, SMG, Konior, H and W, Gabel are good Drs to start with. Also Feller and Feriduni.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

In general, here are my personal top 5:-

1) Hussain Rahal (Ottawa-Canada)

2) Allan Feller (NY- USA)

3) Victor Hasson (Vancouver-Canada)

4) Jose Lorenzo (Madrid-Spain)

5) Bijan Feriduni (Hasselt-Belgium)

But when it comes to FUE only, no one comes close to Lorenzo, Bisanga and Feller.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

My list looks exactly like Spankers with the exception of replacing Gabel with Drs True and Dorin.

I guess that would make it 6 :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hi I have been reading this website for a while.

Then I'm sure you already have your five. ;)

The same names that keep popping up are of no coincidence.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Yes, In Europe you got these 3 surgeons "Feriduni, Bisanga and Lorenzo". They are so good that you do not really need to cross the atlantic ocean in order to get one. Check them all out. For your info. Dr. Lorenzo only practices FUE and you can check his results on you tube under "Injerto Capilar". Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

This is a question that's been asked a lot and it's always a good one.

I went to Dr De Reys in Europe so I can recommend him. Here's my journal:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165487-5000-fue-dr-de-reys-3.html

...BUT(!) here's another thread on the same topic from a while back where Dr De Reys is discussed by the actual publishers of this forum as well and they know what they're talking about:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/154649-who-best-fue-doctor.html

Hairchop8,

Compiling a list of "top 5" hit docs is subjective, and it you follow this board you will see that particular docs' popularity can spke and wane over time. What I would tell you is this: Nearly every ht doc's web site will have one or two "wow' results. But in compiling YOUR list of favorite docs, look for consistency of excellent cosmetic results demonstrated in patient after patient. This is subjective as well. You will find as you peruse hundreds of results on doc's web sites and results posted by docs and their patients on this board, that different docs have different aesthetics, approach, and technique that manifest over time in their results. You will find yourself often being able to peg a patient as having been done by this doc or that doc. There is just a "look" to the work. Not always, of course, but you will see what I mean. And here's the thing: what looks great to some might look odd or "off" to you, and vice versa. That's what I mean about the subjective component of rating ht docs. And don't ignore your gut when assessing a doc's body of work. If a few of their results give you pause, even though much of their results look good to you, keep in mind that they posted the "odd" results as examples of their work too and you could be that patient. Beyond that, you will want to research whether they specialize in FUT v. FUE, or are equally adept at both, and, of course, you want to compare consistency of result with these docs' FUE and FUT work. You will also want to focus on these docs' results with patients whose hair loss is similar to your own. And you will want to determine whether a particular doc whose results appeal to you with patients of similar hair loss to yours generally achieve these results in one-pass (so called "mega" sessions) or prefer to take a more conservative approach to session size and divide them into two sessions -- both approaches being valid but presenting different considerations for the patient. It is fun (and sometimes maddening) to compile a list of "top" ht docs. Just make it your own list and not someone else's.

Hairchop8.... we all have our particular reasons on who our top 5 surgeons are.

Like for me...one reason I am choosing Dr. Wong is my case leans more heavily towards crown work. Personally I think Dr. Wong gets some outstanding crown results.

Also Hasson/Wong appear to stretch the envelope as far as large sessions. If Hasson/Wong can get great results with larger sessions that is a huge selling point for me. That means I have only one healing period, only one day of needles, only one ugly duckling period, only one surgery, only one adjustment at work, only one set of flights, ect... I even had one of my other top choices tell me if you want 4500-5300 grafts in one day it may be best for you to go to Hasson/Wong because large sessions are their specialty.

I have not studied any of the guys outside of North America, but some of my top choices would be Hasson/Wong, Ron Shapiro, Rahl, Feller, Lindsey, Arocha, Konior, True & Dorin. (I know it's more than 5, I was always bad at math)

It seems these top guys all really have lots of great feedback from happy patients, so you'd be in great hands at any of them.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

You have a lot of great docs listed here. I like SMG, Hassan & Wong, Konior, Rahal, Lindsey, and True & Dorin. I have not studied the docs in Europe as much since I live in the US.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

• 1 year later...

I am seeing the same names on this site as well as the other sites I have gone to - H&W, Bisanga, Feller, Rahal, Feriduni, Shapiro - which is a relief as I have contacted them all last week! I have also contacted Ziering, Bernstein, Reddy and Shahmalak but these people haven't been mentioned once which could well say something.

I am in need of a hair transplant and while I am based in London and a train to Belgium to see Bisanga or Feriduni would be easier, I would be happy to go to Canada or USA if needed. From what I have been told by a few of these doctor's so far is that I need a minimum of 3,000 and maximum of 4,000 session.

Would this amount make FUT a better option than FUE? If so, could you perhaps give an order of the top 3 FUT technicians and another top 3 for FUE?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Would this amount make FUT a better option than FUE? If so, could you perhaps give an order of the top 3 FUT technicians and another top 3 for FUE?

After consultations with several clinics, I only seriously considered Konior and Ron Shapiro for FUT - I ended up going to Konior. For FUE, I would consider Lorenzo, Bisanga and Feriduni.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Thanks for the advice.

I have a meeting lined up with a few of them but it is very useful to find out the best people for each technique.

From what I have been reading, 3-4k grafts may well be too many for FUE to be successful (I could be wrong) so I would be after the best FUT doctor's, wherever they are

3,000 grafts seems to be pretty standard for FUE over two days. And I've seen some nice results from the docs I mentioned with more grafts than that.

Here's a guy who had 3,553 grafts with Lorenzo. He's almost 5 months out. You might try contacting him.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172880-3-553-fue-dr-jose-lorenzo.html

I would be after the best FUT doctor's, wherever they are

Here are the names that consistently come up on here as the very best surgeons for FUT. They also consistently post great results:

- Raymond Konior

- H&W

- Ron Shapiro

There are other very good doctors but that's who I would start with and go from there. I had consultations with all three.

Thanks for the advice.

I have a meeting lined up with a few of them but it is very useful to find out the best people for each technique.

From what I have been reading, 3-4k grafts may well be too many for FUE to be successful (I could be wrong) so I would be after the best FUT doctor's, wherever they are

I'm in South London myself.

Have you had a HT before?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Can anyone tell me about Dr. Arocha? I'm considering him and need to know more about him/his service and if he is worth it or not. Thanks

I am 2.5 months post op 3000 fut's with Dr.Arocha.Its still early to show my results ,but the surgery and the healing went very well.Dr. A is passionate about his work and is easy going and very down to earth and his team are top notch.Coug, you should call Eduardo to setup a consult.

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture